Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor, Jason Campbell, Chris Cooley...all ten feet tall...

The Master SWC

yesterday was a larger than life performance out of the defense and sean taylor, chris cooley and jason campbell in particular...they hung in there and gave it everything they had and then some...never gave up and never stopped fighting...it was encouraging...the offensive line although hurting still didn't collapse completely...it makes me sad to know we lost 2 games we could have easily won...and even though we're not there yet, we're well on our way...the old redskins would have folded like a lawn chair under these conditions...but we still out played the packers in every facet of the game...

sean taylor was a monster today...i mean he always is in my book but he can basically sit on the sidelines and read the newspaper after the ball is in the air and STILL make a play on it...granted he dropped 3 picks and one could have gone for six...but...everyone dropped balls today...also...brett favre was worthless today...the passes that he threw were just lobs in the air for anyone to come down with...the only 2 passes i liked from him were to bubba franks in the endzone (which i think was pass interference and a force out but thats just IMO) and the 60 yarder in the beginning which of course is the ONLY play they can run anyways...quick slants...

Cooley was all over the field as usual and more importantly...he didn't try to do too much...thats what i always fear when we get down in games...everyone wants to be the hero and then they mess up...i think thats what happened today...moss was too hell bent on making up for one bad play which led to his other 7 bad plays...i think he kept trying to do too much...when portis fumbled and that other play when he tripped and fell...trying to do too much leads to bad things...let the team win the game...its not all on moss' or portis' shoulders...we have so many other players who can contribute...but anyways...

im sure everyone saw this...but besides that one big play...the packers didn't do anything on offense...they didn't do ANYTHING on defense...oh and by the way...i know there would not have been enough evidence to overturn it, but PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT CRAZY and tell me someone saw that charles woodson's foot was ON MOSS WHEN HE RECOVERED THE BALL AND WAS DOWN BY CONTACT!!

we had dropped balls, SEVERAL missed calls from the refs (facemasks especially) and all around a beat up O-line...and we STILL dominated...i don't feel like this game was a loss although i know it counts as one in the standings...it could have gone either way...and...we could have lost to the dolphins had the won the coin toss or lost to the eagles had they scored late and pull out a miracle like the cowboys did in buffalo...these games happen...they shouldn't but they do...

the bottom line is i dont see this team failing like this again...this game reminded me of the denver game 2 years ago...ugly, cold, rainy and just and all around up in the air affair that could go either way...i thought if we get a win it would be HUGE...but the football gods were against us today and i just dont think it was EVER meant to be...we will bounce back and look...we were 3-2 when we went 10-6 two years ago...so its not over...moss had one bad game after 8 years of being in the league so whatever...i still think we can do 10-6 or better because our schedule is favorable...besides the patriots and our division...the rest of the teams have average to crappy records and MORE IMPORTANTLY are just not as good as we are...i know that sounds arrogant...

i think the redskins today just ran out of toes or the gun was empty...and if we dont bring those guns to the game we can beat ANYONE...

i know that was prolly long and incoherent...but i never post much on here anyways and i was tired of seeing one good thread to 5000000 bad ones...

WE WILL OVERCOME and make the playoffs or my name isn't hershel abraham goldsteinberganblack...

Cooley played well yesterday. Problem is, he's the only one catching any balls. All teams have to do is take Cooley out and there's nobody else that's going to beat them. That's what Green Bay did in yesterday's game in the second half and we couldn't do jack.

We have nobody to step up. Moss just isn't that big of a weapon. He never has done much after his Cowboy Killer game of a couple of years ago. He's had the occasional screen that he made some yards on... but not much.

We just don't have anyone on offense besides Cooley and Portis who can catch and do anything with it.

It's just sad... and it doesn't matter how good the defense is if we can't score.

i thought woodson's feet was touching moss at the time he picked up the ball, which means that he was down by contact...i was hoping Gibbs would challenge the play, especially since it resulted in a TD...however, he didn't...i was surprised b/c Gibbs challenged some pathetic stuff during his tenure and yet didn't do it this time

it could have won us the game

We have nobody to step up. Moss just isn't that big of a weapon. He never has done much after his Cowboy Killer game of a couple of years ago. He's had the occasional screen that he made some yards on... but not much.

Are you serious?? Did you miss the jags game last year? Did you miss the december giants game in 2005, or the seattle game in 2005? or most of his games since he's been here?

This board is almost becoming unreadable.

Are you serious?? Did you miss the jags game last year? Did you miss the december giants game in 2005, or the seattle game in 2005? or most of his games since he's been here?

This board is almost becoming unreadable.

for this year, he has been useless. He should step up against the cards or we should draft a WR.

Archived