Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2 Losses

70Chip44

A bunch of you guys had a thread going after the Giant loss about "getting over the game" and I'm sure we will probably see the same thread coming up later on this week, but just like I said after that loss and now after this heartbreaker: these two losses WILL hurt us at the end of the year. I hope not, but these are always the type of games that come back to bite us in the *****.......

We are not a VERY good team, we are a good to decent team. VERY good teams DO NOT lose two games in basically the same fashion as we have by giving the game away and beating OVERSELVES!! If we could have won these games we would have SEPARATION in a terrible conference, instead we are still in the middle of the pack.

Whats more mind numbing is: Has Gibbs really lost his way?? The clock management in our two losses has been absolutely pathetic!! A Pop Warner team can do better!! What killed me the most is we called a TO at 4th and 1 and called THAT PLAY!!!!! A dump to Betts for no gain??? WTF!!! My guess is that Betts ran the pattern to short but Jesus Christ!!!

Anway, we should bounce back against the Cards even with a pathwork o-line, I mean if Vinny Testerseption can beat them at 90yrs old we should be fine!

The more things change the more they stay the same. This team shows the same lack of heart that the team had when Norv was here. 95% of the players out there are just going through the motions. Most don't show any type of emotion. Rogers just puts a shoulder into a TE and expects it knock the guy down. He doesn't TRY to tackle. Moss' head clearly isn't in the game. The coaches don't know what they are doing because they have too many decision makers.

Where were all the threads saying this **** after the Dolphins, Philly, and Detroit wins?

After the dolphins game, there were a number of threads about the drops and coaching decisions.

The detroit game was called brilliantly.

As for the philly game...i don't know. I was on vacation.

Would you all have felt better if we were blown out in those two games? :rolleyes:

I actually considered myself a pessimist until I started visiting this site. It's a whole other level in here after a loss.

If there's three games not to feel bad about after losing, it's GB, Dallas, and New England.

Let the season play out. This is a good team we have. Try to enjoy them...

Would you all have felt better if we were blown out in those two games? :rolleyes:

I actually considered myself a pessimist until I started visiting this site. It's a whole other level in here after a loss.

If there's three games not to feel bad about after losing, it's GB, Dallas, and New England.

Let the season play out. This is a good team we have. Try to enjoy them...

After every loss do you just tell yourself, "at least it wasn't a blow out"? does it make YOU feel better that it wasn't?

Yes this team is a good team. When they come to play. When the coaches are all on the same page.

I'm not one of those people that come in here and say "**** them, they suck, I hate those guys".

But you spend your Sundays watching this team, you KNOW there is something fundamentally wrong with this team.

Why don't the players show up with their heads on right?

Why are there so many dropped passes by our "star" WR?

Why does your star WR pull himself from the game?

Why is Betts in on 4th and 1 at the goal line?

Why can't Portis stop putting the ball on the ground?

Why can't the coaches manage the clock?

There is something wrong with this organization from the top on down. It's a lack of accountability. Gibbs gets a free ride from just about everyone because of what he did 16 years ago.

Man, you can't go 16-0. The two losses are a result of coaching and the D giving up a lead.

Coaching goes too conservative at times, and when you have someone down 17-3, you ought to be able to keep them there

I don't remember the D giving up the lead in this game. The offense did that.

After every loss do you just tell yourself, "at least it wasn't a blow out"? does it make YOU feel better that it wasn't?

Yes this team is a good team. When they come to play. When the coaches are all on the same page.

I'm not one of those people that come in here and say "**** them, they suck, I hate those guys".

But you spend your Sundays watching this team, you KNOW there is something fundamentally wrong with this team.

Why don't the players show up with their heads on right?

Why are there so many dropped passes by our "star" WR?

Why does your star WR pull himself from the game?

Why is Betts in on 4th and 1 at the goal line?

Why can't Portis stop putting the ball on the ground?

Why can't the coaches manage the clock?

There is something wrong with this organization from the top on down. It's a lack of accountability. Gibbs gets a free ride from just about everyone because of what he did 16 years ago.

:applause: Very well said.

I don't remember the D giving up the lead in this game. The offense did that.

Yea, the fumble for a TD . And Portis' fumble the D actually moved GB back and made for a longer FG attempt that they missed. It SHOULD have been made, but the D did all it could do except get a turn over. Which, the D did have 2 and almost 4 TO's as it was.

This was on lack of O production. 0 points in an entire 1/2 just won't cut it.

The more things change the more they stay the same. This team shows the same lack of heart that the team had when Norv was here. 95% of the players out there are just going through the motions. Most don't show any type of emotion. Rogers just puts a shoulder into a TE and expects it knock the guy down. He doesn't TRY to tackle. Moss' head clearly isn't in the game. The coaches don't know what they are doing because they have too many decision makers.
I don't know how you could possibly say that 95% of the players out there are just going through the motions. :doh: Our defense played their ass' off. But, I do have to agree with you on the Rogers thing. IMO he takes plays off. He goes half speed a lot of the times and every now and then seems to deliver 100% effort. That bump that he gave that reciever actually made me sick.

Another thing that I have noticed about Rogers, is that he rarely, if ever, looks for the ball when he is covering. All he seems to do is look to make the tackle. It was very evident in yesterdays game and also last weeks, when the ball actually hit him in the helmet and popped up in the air. If he had been looking for the ball, he would have intercepted it easily. :2cents:

Where were all the threads saying this **** after the Dolphins, Philly, and Detroit wins?
:applause: Good point.

I don't know how you could possibly say that 95% of the players out there are just going through the motions. :doh: Our defense played their ass' off.

You're right. The "95%" is an exaggeration. But there are many on this team, particularly on offense, who do not play with fire on a consistant basis.

Thank you.

yes sir. the offense needs to come out with a more creative gameplan and stop turning the ball over in the second half. they have been an embarrassment in the second half of our two losses. moss and portis, our two biggest playmakers, have really let us down in both of those second-half losses as well. moss has had big drops and the big fumble yesterday, and portis has had two KEY fumbles. the key fumble in GB of his that really set us back, and the fumble that led to plaxico's go ahead TD.

you can only ask your defense to do so much when your offense is giving the game away...

The Redskins didn't execute on offense in the second half and it showed. I too didn't agree with the decision to pass on 4th and short, but that's life. With the drop balls, and the fumbles, we let the game slip away. The defense shut the Packers down in the second half and we couldn't do nothing offensively. The Redskins have shown so far this year that they are a good team, but not a great team. A great team can score in the second half. In our two losses, both times we failed to score offensive points in the second half.

In the Giants game, the Giants made halftime adjustments and simply outplayed the Skins in the 2nd half. Had we stopped the Giants on the openning possession of the half, they probably would have thrown in the towel on their season. But we couldn't make that stop on 3rd down that would have probably allowed us to cruise in the 2nd half of that game. I had more of a feeling that we were flat out beat in that game.

Yesterday was different. It wasn't about the opponent at all. It was just self destruction by the Redskins. The Packers didn't beat the Skins; the Skins beat themselves.

It has been the second half that has hurt us this year. It is as if we are not making any adjustments at half time at all, while the other team makes all of the right ones. It is making me feel sick. I had a bad feeling about yesterday's game when we failed to do anything on the opening drive of the second half. I could just sense something bad coming. I had know idea it was Moss though.

It will probably take 12-4 to win the NFC East this year. The pukes schedule the rest of the way is very weak. Our 2 losses in games we should have won plus the pukes comeback against Buffalo might end up haunting us down the road.

We can make up for the losses by beating the Cheaters in New England and the Pukes in Dallas. We will hand NE their first loss. Brady will pull a Farve and overestimate his ability against ST.

It will probably take 12-4 to win the NFC East this year. The pukes schedule the rest of the way is very weak. Our 2 losses in games we should have won plus the pukes comeback against Buffalo might end up haunting us down the road.

We can make up for the losses by beating the Cheaters in New England and the Pukes in Dallas. We will hand NE their first loss. Brady will pull a Farve and overestimate his ability against ST.

The only way we beat NE in NE, is if they totally overlook us as they play Indianapolis the following week. But I wouldn't bet against Belichick.

Archived