Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"This was probably my best game," said Campbell, who completed 21 of 37 for 217 yard

jeronimobrat

Jason and Cooley showed up as usual. Clinton did as well. The guy played hard, but his fumble was a killer obviously. Some of the play-calling was suspect on crucial 3rd downs, as was clock management as usual - I agree with B. Mitch there.

We can dump on Moss all day long, but Sellers was the one who dropped the easiest pass of them all on a great drive for a potential first down. Mistakes and miscues killed us, and GB's defense was formidable as expected.

Injuries to the offensive line is the greatest concern of course. We can work on improving execution and the like, but we may not be able to overcome the injuries to the line.

Jason is the real deal. Unfortunately, several of his teammates let him and the team down against the Packers, as well as other games this season. We need guys who can make plays and limit mistakes. It's time to bench Portis and Moss and see what we can get out of Betts again and put Randel-El in the #1 WR position.

Campbell played very well...right up to the last 5 minutes or so.

I was impressed with the drive he took us on after the missed GB field goal...but he made some of his worst plays right after that...starting with the 4th down play. But first, I thought we got a hellacious spot on Cooley's catch and run on 3rd down...he extended his arm and was maybe a few inches short of the first down marker...instead the line judge for some inexplicit reason marked the ball back almost two full yards. Second...timeouts, we used two of them here...and once again whenever this teams gets in a 3rd or 4th and short situation, they never seem to be able to calmly rattle off a play or two...it's almost always an automatic timeout, fumbling around, confusion, bewilderment, you name it....i keep waiting for that inefficiency to work itself out in the 2nd Gibbs regime, but here we are 3 years later, and clock management is still a joke. Third...obviously it was a bad decision by Campbell to go to Betts on the fourth down play...for the obvious reason that he was well short of the first down, and also because McCardell was open for an easy first. I would say that was Campbell's only real bad mistake on the day.

But when the defense came up big again on the next series and intercepted Favre with about 4 minutes to go...here was the next big chance for the Offense to take the momentum that GB so desperately wanted to give away to us and drive it down their throat, tie it up, or even win it. I was pumped...I'm sure we all were....

and then here's what happened:

1st and 10, Campbell fumbles, loses 5 yards.

2nd and 15, Campbell short pass to Portis -4 yards.

3rd and 19, Campbell sacked for -3 yards.

Not sure where the blame goes there with those plays...bad snap by the center? bad play call? patchwork OL resulting in the frequent jailbreaks we saw late in the game? But whatever the reason...the last three redskin series were very sobering to watch.

He did fine , missed a couple throws but everyone does , even Brady =p , I think JC is our QB , too bad the rest of the offense didn't join the party , CP didnt exactly "show up" , he had a couple good runs but followed them with negative runs or limpin to the bench , then the fumble killed us and so did Moss' fumble that lost the game for us , still I know that stuff doesn't normally happen the only thing that hurts us now is the O-Line , that kills us

Not sure where the blame goes there with those plays...bad snap by the center? bad play call? patchwork OL resulting in the frequent jailbreaks we saw late in the game? But whatever the reason...the last three redskin series were very sobering to watch.

Campbell is turning into the Sean Taylor of last year. He can't do it all himself, and then when his entire line goes down to injury, his receivers don't show up, and his running backs would fumble a baby they're trying to rescue from a fire, somehow it's still Campbell's fault.

1) Campbell fumbled the first one because it's hard to catch a snap thrown at your shoelaces.

2) Portis dropped the next one.

3) Campbell had no line.

Yes, blame it on Campbell. :rolleyes:

Aikman alluded to that also. JC and Moss may just be out of sync. The onus is more on Moss though. The balls were there and catchable for a guy like Moss. I'm a little more pissed at Sellers who has dropped some very easy passes thus far. He did make a great catch in the Lion's game however.

That is the frustrating part. Campbell looked great, however he is not a QB who can win a game by himself. Jason Campbell was the best player on the field yesterday

He needs his cast to step it up for him. Its hard though when 4 lineman are down, your WR's are playing hot potato with the football, and your best target gets blanketed in the 2nd half

My only critisism of Capmbell is that he doesnt put enough air underneath his passes, especially on deep balls. Sure, they look nice and they travel with awe-inspiring velocity but if they arent routinely caught, then does it matter?

Everyone talks about how great a deep-ball Campbell throws and I agree, but he needs to learn to put some touch on that type of pass so that the rather fast WRs that the Skins have can actually run under it and make the catch or better yet, catch them in stride. I see too many of those passes overthrown.

Now, with that said, there is no excuse for the passes that go through the hands of these would be targets. I am of the belief that in the NFL, if you get your hands on the pass, you should catch it almost all of the time. That is not happening and certainly did not happen yesterday. That is not Campbell's fault.

Yes, Cambell throws hard, but it is up to the recievers to make the adjustments so they can hang onto these passes, just they had to when catching passes from a lefty like Brunell. Campbell is the QB, these recievers (backs included)need to learn to catch his passes when they are there to be caught.

Campbell is turning into the Sean Taylor of last year. He can't do it all himself, and then when his entire line goes down to injury, his receivers don't show up, and his running backs would fumble a baby they're trying to rescue from a fire, somehow it's still Campbell's fault.

1) Campbell fumbled the first one because it's hard to catch a snap thrown at your shoelaces.

2) Portis dropped the next one.

3) Campbell had no line.

Yes, blame it on Campbell. :rolleyes:

Please note I said "I was not sure" where the blame specifically lied with those calls....i even alluded to the OL, bad snap from center, etc. In fact, I actually said Campbell only had "one real bad play all day" (the 4th and 2), but i see you convienently left that out of my quote. :rolleyes:

I was watching the game at someone's house after a christening, with lots of people around, so I couldn't watch all the details, and was only passingly aware that we had some injuries on the line, but nothing else. What I am saying is that the last three series showed the offense virtually collapse under pressure...of which there are many reasons that are being discussed ad nauseum...i wasn't sure if some or any of it should fall on Campbell or not, but from what I saw, the two-minute offense looked in complete chaos.

I think we have to get B Lloyd more involved...he almost had that deep ball it would have been an amazing catch...we need lloyd to get in sync with campbell as well as moss. We just cant sit by and let playmakers not be involved. Lloyd and the team need to put their differences aside and go when ball games.

You know what? It look like we've found a QB that is going to be really good and be around for more than 2 years. After years and years of transients, I'm happy to sit back and watch this kid get better and better

Exactly, the sky is the limit for Campbell. He's the future franchise QB of the Washington Redskins. Every week he shows signs of improvement. I can't wait to see him vs. Arizona.

At least he didn't force anything. we were down by 4 and as long as the offense has the ball there's still hope.AND, GB had 11 guys on the other side that get paid to stop the other teams D. AND when it's 3-long on your own 20, they pretty much know what's coming. But over-all, this was JC's 11th game and Favres 3,000th? I thought JC really had the better game, but GB still got the Win.

Just random thoughts.

Archived