Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy fans can dish it out.....

fuji869

but can not take it.

At the local bar I usually watch my Redskins at there are a group of Cowboys fans that are always there, even if the Pukes are not playing. Anyways during the Redskins / Packers the are sitting there cheering for the Pack, like I expect them to, and then start giving my group of Redskin Fans and my self crap after the Moss Fumble as we went on to lose. That is fine and dandy, they are our hated rivals and I expect them to hate the Redskins as much as I hate the Cowboys.

So I stay at watch the 1st quarter of the Patriots / Cowboys Game. We start cheering, and high fiving and pointing the the Patriots fans and applauding when they score to go up 7-0 and the when Rodney Harrison sacks Romo sits to pee. These Cowboy fans start getting upset at us and tell us that we are just cheering because the Redskins lost. I explained we root for 2 teams, the Redskins and whoever is rooting for the Cowboys. I left at the end of the first, I called one of the gals during the 4th quarter who stayed for the whole and she said that one of the Cowboy Fans got real upset with her and told her to "Shut the F**K up".

Ticks me off that these fans can sit there and razz us about our Redskins but when it is vise versa the get all mad and bet out of shape. A lot of the Cowboy Fans I have meet are like that, it is like they are use to having there butts kissed by the mediots, it is OK if they bash your team but God forbid you bash the Cowboys.

I have also heard that the Cowboy Fans that are from Texas are a lot different then the ones who are not from Texas. They are actually a lot cooler then the ones that are not from the Lone Star State. :whoknows:

Most people who talk trash, cannot take it back at them. When I feel as passionately for the Skins as I do, I get too upset with losses, so when I am around others who hate the skins, ie. cryboy fans, I keep my mouth shut, since I don't like getting bad mouthed. Plus I think it's classless!

Watching Dallas get embarassed is pleasure enough :):dallasuck

I have had my fair share of cowboy fans that act that way and i generally just leave it alone. When the Skins are winning, i cheer and celebrate with whoever i am with, if they are losing, i talk to whatever friends i'm watching the game with and keep hope.

I dont try to push it on opposing fans because i hate it when people do it to me. I was at the Detroit game and there were some Detroit fans who were mouthing off, so i naturally dished it back. There were some other Detroit fans who didnt say a word all game, so i didnt Razz them at all. At the end of the Detroit game, the fan who had been quiet, walked up to me, shook my hand and said I was the biggest fan he'd met. I was respectable in winning and he was glad i wasnt being one of those "sore winners" who talk trash.

News Flash.....Cowboy fans are the biggest front runners in all of sports. If the Cowboys were 0-5 they wouldn't have even been in the bar.

It would be interesting to know how many "Cowboy fans" nationally switched mid-game to being "Patriot fans".

Archived