Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our O-Line Officially Decimated? What can we do now?

ChocolateCitySkin

Well from what I can tell we are going to get punished from every game here on out. There is no way we can get the running game going with having one official starter. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly just a realist but we're pretty boned from my perspective. I dunno if there is any game plan changes we can make to get around the fact that campbell won't have any time in the pocket from here on out. And maybe someone can enlighten me. But, I can't see us being a competitive team as these injuries keep piling up. Sigggggggghhhhhhhhh :(

I here you and its a legitimate concern. We think Heyer has a bum ankle or leg and was walking very gingerly off the field. He is our 3rd strink tackle and sometimes guard so patience is a virtue w/ him, imo.

Todd Wade and Rabach have a groin. That is always concerning at any position.

We may need to make a move a the trading deadline but not sure if there are any quality tackles available, off the top of my head.

Lets just wait until the final injury update is released on tomorrow afternoon.

Well from what I can tell we are going to get punished from every game here on out. There is no way we can get the running game going with having one official starter. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly just a realist but we're pretty boned from my perspective. I dunno if there is any game plan changes we can make to get around the fact that campbell won't have any time in the pocket from here on out. And maybe someone can enlighten me. But, I can't see us being a competitive team as these injuries keep piling up. Sigggggggghhhhhhhhh :(

Relax...they'll be back next week.

They'll have sore crotches, sure...but they'll play

Use shorter drops .....

Run a more west coast style offense with quick short pass plays to take the place of the run...

Put campbell in the shot gun more so that he can have more time to see the rush....

Move the pocket and use more rollout passes...

I read a news article about the game that said:

Wade-groin

Heyer-Knee

Rabach-groin

we really need a new groin coach.

That's not far from the truth! Last year, I said that we needed a someone on the medical staff whose sole responsibility was hamstrings.

We still need a hamstring expert!

It's a good question, the most important question coming out of this game. I think Wade was back in there at the end of the game. I think Rabach is a pretty tough guy. Hopefully they'll both be ready for next week.

This is where giving draft picks away every year will cost us. You use those mid round picks to beef up OL depth so you don't have to resort to using journeymen and street guys.

More draft picks couldn't have saved us from what we're experiencing now. All that would mean is that the injured offensive linemen we have would have been drafted instead of free agents. The team doesn't carry enough offensive linemen on the roster to survive what happening to us.

It's a good question, the most important question coming out of this game. I think Wade was back in there at the end of the game. I think Rabach is a pretty tough guy. Hopefully they'll both be ready for next week.

I hope so too. I think a sore groin, pending exact location, can be very painful for an o-lineman; specifically a center.:2cents:

Really bad luck.....injuries.

I mean really we actually had some pretty decent depth this year.

Original Starters

Samuels- Pro Bowl stud

Kendall- hard Core Vet

Rabach- stud

Thomas- most underrated Guard in the NFL

Jansen- The Granddaddy Vet

Backups

Heyer- undrafted rookie/future Superstar- helluva rookie season

Fabini- pretty solid performance for a guy who's barely ever been a guard and many though would be a TC cut. He's not Thomas but pretty good.

Wade- basically could be a starter on many teams, was our backup T and is playing at starter level (especially in pass blocking)

Pucillo- 3rd TE, solid backup G and Center

Demulling- not played

For the injuries we've had, the O-line has been pretty solid.

We just can't have any more injuries b/c frankly we just don't have anybody else to plug in.

Really bad luck.....injuries.

I mean really we actually had some pretty decent depth this year.

Original Starters

Samuels- Pro Bowl stud

Kendall- hard Core Vet

Rabach- stud

Thomas- most underrated Guard in the NFL

Jansen- The Granddaddy Vet

Backups

Heyer- undrafted rookie/future Superstar- helluva rookie season

Fabini- pretty solid performance for a guy who's barely ever been a guard and many though would be a TC cut. He's not Thomas but pretty good.

Wade- basically could be a starter on many teams, was our backup T and is playing at starter level (especially in pass blocking)

Pucillo- 3rd TE, solid backup G and Center

Demulling- not played

For the injuries we've had, the O-line has been pretty solid.

We just can't have any more injuries b/c frankly we just don't have anybody else to plug in.

i say we bring back will whitaker. hopefully he's healed by now. also with this highly paid, highly touted, coaching staff we should be able to coach up some free agents or practice squad guys into football players.

Archived