Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Lost Because of the O-Line Injuries

method man

With both Rabach and Wade going down, Campbell had no time to throw the ball in the 2nd half and that is why you saw the constant pressure in Campbell's face. Our offense was humming in the first half when he had time. Let's pray that both these guys are going to be good enough to go for the Cards game or we are going to lose, because Dockett and their defense, in general, is having a good year.

If Heyer is not healthy enough to go, then I would move Fabini back to tackle and insert DeMulling at guard. Then, I would close my eyes and pray.

It really is insane. Sometimes I truly feel that the Redskins are cursed.

Of course, it doesn't help that the one guy left - Samuels - got bulldozed by KGB to sack Campbell at the end of the game.

This offensive line situation is really grim. Frustrating that there's nothing anyone can do about it. You can't coach up an injury.

It will probably keep the Redskins from doing anything special this season, I hate to say.

We lost because of the U... Moss/Portis and the 4 and 2 call in the flat in the 4th quarter instead of running the ball... We didnt deserve to win this game. Moss/Portis both sucked big #$#$ today.

this is a stupid comment. portis didn't lose anything, its not like his fumble resulted in points. Moss on the other hand was responsible for 2 turnovers and 7 points.

We lost b/c of our oline,

We lost because of the U... Moss/Portis and the 4 and 2 call in the flat in the 4th quarter instead of running the ball... We didnt deserve to win this game. Moss/Portis both sucked big #$#$ today.

Yeah, except that other U guy had 2 interceptions. :doh:

Any other nuggets of wisdom in that brain of yours?

it hurts me to admit it but this team will not reach its potential this year because of these injuries. this redskins team is good with potential to be great but when your line is decimated by injuries it overshadows anything you would have been able to accomplish. can bugel pull a miracle?? cuz thats what this o line needs right now.

This game was lost way before Wade and Rabach went down. There absence made a comeback all but impossible. But the loss occurred due to dropped passes and fumbles.

Thank you so much. I just don't understand that the people here on this board cannot see that?

And please stop blaming the coaches for everything.

Ding.

Had we had our entire line together & healthy for all 4 quarters we'd have won despite Moss being able to catch a cold today as our other WRs were up to the task.

I have to disagree. Sure, our oline fell apart, but the 10 extra points are due to fumbles. The O'line had nothing to do with that.

Ding.

Had we had our entire line together & healthy for all 4 quarters we'd have won despite Moss being able to catch a cold today as our other WRs were up to the task.

Dong.

If Moss catches that pass with his facemask, then it's three at least.

Moss blew this game in so many ways.

Good teams win with injuries, good players don't bring down 52 others. Moss is failing the 2007 season.

LOL yeh, the o'line created fumbles by Moss and CP that resulted in 10 points.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Moss' fumble resulted in 7 pts. Portis fumble resulted in a MISSED FG. The O-line is really bad because of injuries and that is sad. There were plenty of missed opportunities by the receivers as well.

Incorrect.

The drops down the field by Moss and Randle El occurred before Rabach went down and things got out of control with Heyer on the outside in the fourth quarter.

Campbell had good time to throw for the first 3 quarters and the Redskins should have had a 28-17 win today.

Instead, because of 7 dropped passes by the wide receivers, the club ended up the fourth quarter needing to SCORE points instead of merely trying to defend a lead, something I think this defense was up to doing today if given the chance :)

The coaches should have been quicker to insert McCardell at WR to stop the bleeding on third downs with all the drops.

It also would help if the team could vary their routine a bit on certain downs and not run the exact same plays week after week.

That pass to Betts in the flat is something the Packers were ready for. The Packers were also ready for the Portis off tackle run in the fourth quarter on third down.

These are all tendencies the Redskins have shown in prior games.

Evidently, we are too stupid to believe that other teams facing us actually watch game film to see these tendencies and make plans to defenses those plays.

Dude.....

We were 5-11 last year so I expect modest improvement like say 8-8

All the folks going nuts and predicting division wins or more are gonna have a hard time explaining how a potential playoff team can lose two games the way they did and make the playoffs. Playoff teams find ways to win sloppy games (See Dallas in Buffalo). As much as I hate the cowpukes they got it done despite a crappy performance.

Today's real reasons for losing this football game were:

1. Lack of execution (dropped passes especially)

2. Lack of ball protection - Campbell gets a pass for his pick but the fumbles were killer

3. The O-line got rolled like a joint by the Green Bay D-Line.

4. Piss poor decision making in the playcalling and clock management (AGAIN)

The O-Line did not drop a single pass today so blaming them for this loss makes little sense to me.

did the oline drop 10 ****ing passes? if you want to blame someone blame moss. how the **** do you suck that bad? jason campbell could have had another career game if our receivers had just caught half of the passes they dropped. his interception was all on moss. there is no excuse for that drop or any of the others. they are professional football players. thats his only job is to catch the ****ing football. so dont go and blame the oline. they didnt give us the chance to win the game, but we shouldnt have needed to

With both Rabach and Wade going down, Campbell had no time to throw the ball in the 2nd half and that is why you saw the constant pressure in Campbell's face. Our offense was humming in the first half when he had time. Let's pray that both these guys are going to be good enough to go for the Cards game or we are going to lose, because Dockett and their defense, in general, is having a good year.

If Heyer is not healthy enough to go, then I would move Fabini back to tackle and insert DeMulling at guard. Then, I would close my eyes and pray.

Nope. We lost because we GAVE the Packers 14 points. We gave them 7 on the tight-end slant in the first quarter and seven on the fumble return for a TD. Two huge mistakes and a growing team still not mature enough to overcome them no matter how many tries we had.

Archived