Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Welcome Home @ Redskins Park - Win or Lose!!

pez

I can't make it but for those of yall that do, please don't get down on them and you guys have to let moss know especially we haven't gave up on him.

We would never "Get down on our team" or allow anyone to " Get down" on our team at Redskin park. We go no matter what, to show support because of our extreme dedication and extreme support thru thick and thin. and i guess Extreme geography doesnt hurt either. Dont worry they will know we got love for them no matter what.

Any loss is a tough loss! We all feel it. The fans the players, the coaches so this is where we are needed the most. We need to stand up. This game is over now it is time to show we are behind them and ready for AZ! ;)

You said it Huly! I live too far away to make it tonight, but thank you and Pez and all the other faithfull that make it tonight for representing us and helping to inspire the team for the remainder of the season! :cheers:

Just because some of us decide not to go out and greet the team as they come back doesn't mean that we are fairweather. I love and support this team just as much as anyone else on this message board.....to include permanently inking my body with the sacred logo and investing a lot of time and money in my Redskin Room. I'm just frustrated with today's outcome and I don't wanna see any player, coach, and front office personnel of the organization right now. I respect the fans that go and greet the team win or loss. I'll always love my team, i'm just too dissapointed right now to leave my house.

I suggest you do not quit your day job to become a motivational speaker.:)

And I recommend you stay out of the NFL.

People, I've reached a breaking point. YES, I agree that the "So and so SUCKS" threads and posts are nonsense. NONE of us are in a position to dismiss all the work and former accomplishments by individuals and this team when they do screw up. That is going to happen, there are going to be extenuating circumstances, it is going to be a dang shame if you decide not to follow your team based on stuff like this.

If you have a bad week at work, there may be coworkers that say (not to your face, naturally) that you suck. These are called "jerks." Intuitively, I think about everyone here would agree with that. Yes, it is so that you are not being paid literally millions of dollars in your career, but look, the principle is the same. Just steeping yourself in the negative side of things is worth nada to no one.

At exactly the same time, I do get a little nauseous after a page or two of all the blind rah rah!

Unconditional love does NOT equal unconditional praise! Even if you try to think about this in terms analogous to our world, you NEED to confront people constructively to promote their own ability to recognize there is a problem and motivate them even more to work on fixing it. Ultimately, it is up to them to turn it around...

But you are NOT HELPING if you pat them on the back of the hand and tell them it's all alright (no, it's not) anymore than you are if you just say, "Oops, stunk it up there... so you're worthless."

This loss and the Giants loss are about the most disgusting losses a team can possibly have. So much was ON A PLATTER for them. They had a divisional foe AT HOME on the ropes ...and then pissed on themselves. They had a very good conference foe on the ropes on the road ...had an unbelievable series of injuries, had an unbelievable series of missed opportunities, and pissed it away.

I say we as fans should say something along the same line as the Coaches are going to say. I GUARANTEE you Joe Gibbs is not going to meet these guys as they get on the bus saying "Rah, Rah, Rah, Yeaaaaaaaa, Redskins!" They are going to DEMAND better than the worst of their efforts. They are NOT going to tell them they suck and get rid of them. They are going to put loops on the film study of people not doing what they are paid millions to do.

I would love to be at the airport when the team gets back, dressed in my 75th anniversary shirt and my old Redskin hat. But I would feel like a complete knob shouting, "Ew, we love you, we love you" to a group of guys who could not for the life of them put ANY points on the board in the entire second half of a game as important as this one. "You suck!" would feel just as dumb, to me.

We believe? "Yea, we believe you can do better! Execute, and take care of the Cardinals!"

Pez

Huly

ES Members:

I have been talking the last couple of days to some very good friends (they're challenged because they "believe" in other teams:silly: ); but one thing I asked them was - how do you send off your team - fan wise and welcome them home - fan wise?

Well, the four that have actually have been too or tried to organize these type of events - like Huly and Pez do; said their "meet and send off and welcome homes" have been failures. Their team bus either blows past them, without even a wave - and no coaches stop, or no one is interested because they lost...........and the fans have their team labeled as LOSERS........and when they start winning.......we'd go support them but got burned on going out to the stadium/headquarters to meet/greet support and the coach and team doesn't notice we are there- "just drive by"....without noticing the fans.

So with these type of stories from my friends, I want to say Thank YOU two for being such excellent fans that organize this...........and to our Coach who represents the team and stops and acknowledges the fan in person and on camera.

When we think things can't get any worse........we must remember what is important...........The TEAM, which equals, fans, players, and coaches.

Just thought I would share.............

Wow, I just woke up and logged on quick to see what time they're coming in. Looks like I either missed it, or would be cutting it close. I especially make the effort to be there after a loss.

You are right, D'Kansas, we are blessed to have a Coach who cares about the fans the way he does.

Being there when the buses come in is our way of showing that we support the team - nothing more, nothing less. We're not there to do interviews, or hand out "constructive criticism" - I don't think that's my job as a fan. I'm sure someone will be taking care of those jobs. Someone else will queue the game film tomorrow. They are not going to lose any sleep, or play any better because I'm upset, or have a really strong opinion on who should be in - and who should be out.

A bunch of fans screaming "oooo, I love you!" couldn't be further from the truth.

It's just a few fans standing outside in the pitch black of Redskins Park. Coach Gibbs gets off the bus and shakes our hands. Sometimes there are congratulations, and sometimes we'll offer up a "tough loss, Coach". Coach Gibbs is a subdued man under most circumstances, and that doesn't change much win or lose. He's not a gloater. He may talk about a few plays, and always thanks everyone for coming out.

It's just about support. No screaming, no mobbing players; just a few words with a HOF Coach to let him know that we are there, win or lose.

It's what fanaticism is.

Dam, now I'm really irritated I missed it.

Here's to you, Coach Gibbs, and HAIL to the Redskins!

Sounds like a great time and again, I wish I could be there.

Joe Gibbs is one of the men I admire most, period. The kind of interaction with the fans you describe, MontanaRed, after loss or win is only one reason why. It would be kinda unreal to be able to shake his hand.

I'm glad the type of welcome you all are talking about is not just waving scented hankies at a team bus. And I would have ZERO problem telling Coach Gibbs and/or members of this team that I'm still rootin' for them (yes, that includes Santana Moss and Portis and all of them).

But AFTER THIS KIND OF LOSS!!! Man, no way would they get away without a, "Guys, we gotta execute better and take care of them Cardinals." No, not because I think it is crucial that they hear that from a bald headed 43 year old fan that has been to very few games, much less played in the NFL. No, because this was one god awful loss and that is just the simple truth. I actually disagree with you that it has no impact at all that the fans throw out some well meant criticism. I think the fans reactions DO impact the players at least to some extent. But the point is to ignore that simple truth is not, to me, being a good fan. To me it's just being a little on the obnoxious side.

But my post was in response to the "So and so SUCKS" posts and the posts, all found earlier in this thread containing stuff like:

Whole swaths of :wavetowel :wavetowel:wavetowel:wavetowel:wavetowel "Cheer them home" "We would never 'Get down on our team'" Reams of :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky "they will know we got love for them no matter what."

And yes, this is a quote: "YEA TEAM"

After this loss... man, if that doesn't sound like "Ew, we love you, we love you," to you... whatever. Now, true some of that blew in from Kansas, and we here in Missouri are used to windy, blowing stuff coming over from that direction (Aw, now, D'Kansas, calm down --Kansas got ranked two spots higher than their Betters without playing a swingin' soul... you should be happy).

But, to me, it is not right to hide that kind of stuff behind the term "fanaticism" any more than the oh so easily thrown out condemnations. After this loss, I see that stuff as disingenuous, not helpful to the team or anyone, and just plain silly. My :2cents: (albeit spread over WAY too many paragraphs and with a somewhat OBNOXIOUS amount, on my own part, of CAPITAL LETTERS) :D .

But I do love him. And respect him. And I know that HE, the staff and team are going to take all the right steps to turn this around. I mean, it's a little ridiculous to think that Coach doesn't KNOW that they need to execute better w/Arizona. I don't need to tell him that. Frankly, I don't think there's a thing a fan could say that would make the staff say, "hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the pointers!"

I'm there to show support. period.

It's not disingenuine or silly (to me).

But I do love him. And respect him. And I know that HE, the staff and team are going to take all the right steps to turn this around. I mean, it's a little ridiculous to think that Coach doesn't KNOW that they need to execute better w/Arizona. I don't need to tell him that. Frankly, I don't think there's a thing a fan could say that would make the staff say, "hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the pointers!"

I'm there to show support. period.

It's not disingenuine or silly (to me).

I know my post got long winded enough it was probably hard to read through...

The comment on needing to execute was directed toward the players, not Coach Gibbs. You showing support by doing what I stated I wish I could join you in was not called disingenuous or silly, the :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky :point2sky stuff was.

But yep, you and I disagree. I can live with that.

I wish i lived alittle nearer so i could have gone, unfortunately living in uk the trip would be quite long.

I was going to post a thread about being along time fan and what the Redskins coach and staff did for me, seeing this thread is about being a fan i suppose this is the best place...

Going back to the first game of the regular season my son and i made the tripover to see the game and were lucky enough to attend the ES tailgate and meet Huly and Pez. I have thanked them for making our trip a memorable one.

Anyway... my birthday was a couple of weeks after and during our trip my sister called the Redskins and explained how i had been a loyal fan for many years and had eventually made the trip over to see them and could they help with a birthday surprise for me....

Which they did ! without any question she received approx 100 dollars worth of gifts and Joe Gibbs signed a photograph for me also thanking ME FOR BEING A FAN.

Just thought you should all know that this is the team you support.

Archived