Giants (3-2)

Eagles (1-3)

Seahawks (3-2)

49ers (3-2)

Cardinals (3-2)

Packers (4-1)

Bears (2-3)

Buccaneers (3-2)

The Packers at this point are the favorite to win the NFC North, but I truly believe the Bears will get their act together sooner rather than later (and Brett Favre's performance drops) and challenge them for their division title. At the same time, the Cowboys are in position to win the NFC East at the moment. For the sake of this thread, lets assume the Cowboys win the NFC East and the Bears win the NFC North.

If the Bears and Cowboys both win their division, the Packers and Redskins are both hoping to reach the playoffs in the wildcard position. (duh) At the end of Week 17, is it likely that the Skins-Pack will have identical records? No, but there is a chance.. which brings me to the point of this thread.

The first tiebreaker for Wildcard teams with identical records is Head-to-Head. If Green Bay beats us today, they could potentially keep us out of the playoffs with an advantage in Head-to-Head competition. This is why I feel this is a must-win game, and I hope the players know too.

Also, Redskins vs. Cardinals, Redskins vs. Bears coming up later in the season have the same implications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I realize most of us will start :doh: while reading this thread. "Its too early to think about the playoffs, we're only at Week 6." I realize all of this... but I thought for those who haven't thought about the potential playoff implications of this game, they might want to cheer EXTRA HARD for the Skins today. :laugh:

That is good point and is a valid point. In the NFL, every game is important and a must win. Doesn't matter if you are a team that is going to end up winning your division and earning a first round bye, or home field throughout the playoffs...

The fact is, that head to head combat is the tie breaker and if you loose one, you still play the next week. Until you are eliminated, you don't give up hopes of a post season.

Keep it real and keep the faith!

The first tiebreaker for Wildcard teams with identical records is Head-to-Head. If Green Bay beats us today, they could potentially keep us out of the playoffs with an advantage in Head-to-Head competition. This is why I feel this is a must-win game, and I hope the players know too.

I'm sure the players know. Gibbs reminded them of this same senario during our match up against the Lions.

Also, Redskins vs. Cardinals, Redskins vs. Bears coming up later in the season have the same implications.

These are all critical games. Next week is probably going to be just as tough, if not tougher than this week's game. We gotta win all of our home games from here on out, and steal a couple on the road.

We are going to be chasing the loss we gave up to the Giants at home all season. A win today, on the road, is another step in making up that loss. Every NFC game is important. Probably the only game on the schedule we can really afford to lose is at the Patriots. Every other game is basically a must-win in order to stay ahead of the other teams and keep up with the Cowboys.

PLAYOFFS?!?! PLAYOFFS!?!?

Actually, yea, this game could do a LOT of good toward a playoff berth. This could be one of those notch in your belt statement cliche' whoopity do wins that spur on the playoff buzz...even if its one of the 16.

This team will go as far as Jason Campbell can take us. I was hedging on pessimistic after the Giants game (ie, that was a loss that simply won't happen a year from now from JC) to swing the other way after the Lions win.

We'll see. Keep em crossed.

If anyone has read my posts from earlier in this season I pointed to this game as being the "hump" game of the season because if we can win and be at 4-1 we are on our way and could possibly challenge for the division...should we lose at 3-2 we should still be ok, but that Giant loss will loom in even larger later on in the season! By winning today we can begin to put the Giant loss on the back burner for good!

Consistency is all we need... just play like we did on Sunday and even if we don't win today, along the line we will.

The Packers are having a great season, and I would not be surprised if we lose. I would love a win, but this isn't the last game, so I wouldn't worry.

It will definately be a fight til the finish. Today's game is big, no doubt. But, we can still do some damage in the NFC, even with a loss today.

I just have a feeling about this game. I think we dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides, and get ahead early. Brett makes a bit of a comeback but comes up short.

Redskins 20

Packers 17

Hail Skins :point2sky

Archived