Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trying Al Saunders Job: Plays I Think We Should Call Against the Packers

SkinSabbath

After studying the Packers defense I have chosen a few play that (IMHO) will exploit their weaknesses. Anybody else have any clever ideas?

These are 3 potential BIG PLAYS for the Skins today:

1) I-Form Normal, PA fake dive to Portis, Campbell hits Moss on the out-n-up.

This play will be PERFECT to use once the Skins have disrupted the defense by establishing a solid running attack. The Packers will have to commit seven or eight to stopping our rush attack, and then the PA will = SIX

2)A Strong I formation, fake to FB Sellers, Counter Step to Portis

This misdirection play will confuse the Packers linebackers, and Portis will see big holes. Of course, we can only get away with one or two of these tricky plays per game, so we must time them wisely.

3) Singleback formation (Saunders' Favorite), Twin TE right, 2 WR.

With two TE threats on the right side, the Defense is forced to use one safety to cover the extra TE. This leaves Randle El one-on-one to the outside, Campbell hits him on a curl and ARE gets some YAC

PS I also think that, in order to win this game, we MUST force turnovers and either score on them, or score directly after them. Sean Taylor will make a forced fumble on run defense:

HAIL and GOOD LUCK :logo:

This play will be PERFECT to use once the Skins have disrupted the defense by establishing a solid running attack. The Packers will have to commit seven or eight to stopping our rush attack, and then the PA will = SIX

From what I've seen, which is not much, the Pack seem to play a ton of 7 or 8 in the box and leave their corners in man. Nice analysis though.

From what I've seen, which is not much, the Pack seem to play a ton of 7 or 8 in the box and leave their corners in man. Nice analysis though.

Yes, they do seem to isolated the corners man to man with what they call, two shut-down corners.

I don't think that there is a true shut down corner this year. Champ has been scored on a few times and besides him, I have trouble finding a true shut down corner vs a true #1 Wide Out.

There is certainly a trend to taking what they give you, in this NFL season. Every commentator and would be expert keeps using that phrase to no end. The other phrases were run to set up the pass, and dink and dunk before you take your shot. I believe it's how the Offensive Coordinator sets up the next play, with the others that set the trend. Nice chess game inside the real game of Pro Football.

:point2sky

I'd like them to run plays that result in positive yardage.

I would not like them to run plays that result in negative yards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Insightful, yet redundant with a strong finish-98 rating from whine spectator

:doh: :laugh: :doh: :laugh: :doh: :laugh: :doh: :laugh: :doh:

The Redskins will need to run the ball. With Charles Woodson and Al Harris, Green Bay has two guys they feel very comfortable leaving in man coverage. With the Redskins top two receivers nursing hamstring injuries, practicing or not, means that they can afford to leave that extra safety in the box, and leave only one deep. That is the advantage that the Pack have by having two top corners who are #1's on most other teams.

Archived