Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Give Gibbs the boot NOW

Toe Jam

How dare he let this team manhandle the Lions like that! Does this man not have any decency?

His playcalling is horrible. Did you see all the aggressive playcalling? What kind of coach does that? He could have lost us the game with that nonsense!

We should get rid of Gregg Williams too. He's pushing the poor guys on the defense too far. He's overworking these players! They're not that good either. Did you see the field goal that Detroit got on us? The defensive coaching staff is slacking. A decent defense would have stopped the field goal. That could have been the nail in the coffin for the game!

And do you know what's going to happen this Sunday? Gregg Williams is going to be a bully and let the D beat up on a defenseless guy that's about a million years old. I'm sick of this crap. The Redskins will probably win because our coaching staff just SUCKS!

;)

To give credit for that game is just stupid, when in Gibbs 2nd tenure (all I have been old enough to see, wont talk about his hall of fame past) have you seen him be that aggressive? What, never? yea I know. If your going to give credit, give it where it is due to Saunders, the only thing Gibbs can be credited for is finally allowing someone were paying millions to do there thing. As far as the D goes, you sit here and credit williams as if he is some sort of God, ever think about the fact that all the Lions can do is throw the ball, and that hey our secondary is all top 10 picks. I would hope that 4 men drafted in the top 10 of the nfl draft could stop any receiving core in the league (which they did prove). Our D-line finally stepping up, you feel this is due to Williams? Must have been has great scheme on that line that just threw detroit off, didnt have anything to do with another guy we pay millions finally doing what he is paid to do. The credit that williams does deserve is he has made some great personnel changes picking up Fletcher and Landry. Please start crediting these players for execution and not for William's great cover 2 scheme that he along with the rest of the coaches in the nfl copied off of tampa bay. This post sounds extremely negative I just dont think that Gibbs and the rest of the coaching staff deserve as much credit as they have been getting, but I do feel some blame falls on them for holding back our players. Just for an example anyone notice Campbell was finally calling audibles at the line?

To give credit for that game is just stupid, when in Gibbs 2nd tenure (all I have been old enough to see, wont talk about his hall of fame past) have you seen him be that aggressive? What, never? yea I know. If your going to give credit, give it where it is due to Saunders, the only thing Gibbs can be credited for is finally allowing someone were paying millions to do there thing. As far as the D goes, you sit here and credit williams as if he is some sort of God, ever think about the fact that all the Lions can do is throw the ball, and that hey our secondary is all top 10 picks. I would hope that 4 men drafted in the top 10 of the nfl draft could stop any receiving core in the league (which they did prove). Our D-line finally stepping up, you feel this is due to Williams? Must have been has great scheme on that line that just threw detroit off, didnt have anything to do with another guy we pay millions finally doing what he is paid to do. The credit that williams does deserve is he has made some great personnel changes picking up Fletcher and Landry. Please start crediting these players for execution and not for William's great cover 2 scheme that he along with the rest of the coaches in the nfl copied off of tampa bay. This post sounds extremely negative I just dont think that Gibbs and the rest of the coaching staff deserve as much credit as they have been getting, but I do feel some blame falls on them for holding back our players. Just for an example anyone notice Campbell was finally calling audibles at the line?

ummm....

what?

How dare he let this team manhandle the Lions like that! Does this man not have any decency?

His playcalling is horrible. Did you see all the aggressive playcalling? What kind of coach does that? He could have lost us the game with that nonsense!

We should get rid of Gregg Williams too. He's pushing the poor guys on the defense too far. He's overworking these players! They're not that good either. Did you see the field goal that Detroit got on us? The defensive coaching staff is slacking. A decent defense would have stopped the field goal. That could have been the nail in the coffin for the game!

And do you know what's going to happen this Sunday? Gregg Williams is going to be a bully and let the D beat up on a defenseless guy that's about a million years old. I'm sick of this crap. The Redskins will probably win because our coaching staff just SUCKS!

;)

:laugh:

Maybe we can "suck" tomorrow again!

Good post! :cheers:

Did anyone else notice the three and out with three run plays with about a minute twenty left on the clock just before halftime, real aggresive. The rest of the game was good coaching but that made me say wtf why not go for a score before halftime?

;)

Im sure you never criticized any of the coaching staff right?

Dont let 1 and I do mean 1 game make you hop onto the Gibbs is almighty bandwagon..

Just making sure you realize your mocking yourself along with the others ;)

Im sure you never criticized any of the coaching staff right?

Dont let 1 and I do mean 1 game make you hop onto the Gibbs is almighty bandwagon..

Just making sure you realize your mocking yourself along with the others ;)

I've never criticized Gibbs as a coach.

A fan that doesn't believe in his team and his coach needs to do some soul searching.

Since you are unable to grasp my post Ill put it in bullet forum for you:

-Gibbs is a hardnose run the football win the game by the last score or your defense holding the opponent on the last drive kind of coach.

-Saunders is the type of coach who goes for homeruns and has had the #1 offense for the years prior to being with Gibbs.

-Because of this I drew the crazy conclusion that Gibbs has begun to let Saunders do his thing not that outlandish.

-Williams, scheme hasn't changed that drastically since last year still a cover two. Yet you credit him for being some sort of defensive mastermind.

-We did however pick up some players and have a secondary with all top 10 draft picks

-These guys alone should be able to stop any receiving core in the league other than maybe the Patriots.

- Again for our defense our D-Line finally stepped up, if you think that Williams got them fired up say it. But the scheme did not change Andre Carter just finally did what we are paying him millions of dollars to do.

-Now as I have said from one person who has only seen the 2nd tenure of Gibbs to another, the coaches receive far to much credit and blame. Yes I feel they do deserve some blame but not to the point they have gotten it, some of us say hey gibbs should be fired after a bad game but its just in the heat of the moment, other who continue this notion don't have much football knowledge.

-The credit and blame needs to fall on the players, other than maybe the fact that Portis was not in the game on the goal that is one some coach we will never know who.

-Fact of the matter is Ladell Betts did not execute, in the 2nd half of the g-men game our players couldn't execute a thing, could be because as we have seen there D-line is quite elite.

-If you have any questions about one of these points please feel free to quote them and tell me your difference in opinion. As far as your um, what? response doesn't really prove or show me anything.

Since you are unable to grasp my post Ill put it in bullet forum for you:

-Gibbs is a hardnose run the football win the game by the last score or your defense holding the opponent on the last drive kind of coach.

-Saunders is the type of coach who goes for homeruns and has had the #1 offense for the years prior to being with Gibbs.

-Because of this I drew the crazy conclusion that Gibbs has begun to let Saunders do his thing not that outlandish.

-Williams, scheme hasn't changed that drastically since last year still a cover two. Yet you credit him for being some sort of defensive mastermind.

-We did however pick up some players and have a secondary with all top 10 draft picks

-These guys alone should be able to stop any receiving core in the league other than maybe the Patriots.

- Again for our defense our D-Line finally stepped up, if you think that Williams got them fired up say it. But the scheme did not change Andre Carter just finally did what we are paying him millions of dollars to do.

-Now as I have said from one person who has only seen the 2nd tenure of Gibbs to another, the coaches receive far to much credit and blame. Yes I feel they do deserve some blame but not to the point they have gotten it, some of us say hey gibbs should be fired after a bad game but its just in the heat of the moment, other who continue this notion don't have much football knowledge.

-The credit and blame needs to fall on the players, other than maybe the fact that Portis was not in the game on the goal that is one some coach we will never know who.

-Fact of the matter is Ladell Betts did not execute, in the 2nd half of the g-men game our players couldn't execute a thing, could be because as we have seen there D-line is quite elite.

-If you have any questions about one of these points please feel free to quote them and tell me your difference in opinion. As far as your um, what? response doesn't really prove or show me anything.

I did not have a problem with your post. The way it was typed made it hard to read and understand.

I think you may have mistaken my reply for a shot at you or something.

As to your first statement, I agree. I saw more Saunders than Gibbs in the Lions game. However, when it comes to decisions such as whether or not to go for it on 4th and 2, that, I believe, is essentially a Gibbs decision. He went for it. I highly doubt Saunders called that play without any input from Gibbs. I could be wrong, but I see it as unlikely.

I don't think Gibbs should be fired at all. And I never blamed the coaching staff for the Giants collapse. This is a team, and winning AND losing is a team effort. Players and coaches should be to blame (and receive credit) equally no matter what.

I chose to start this thread because I'm tired of people complaining about Gibbs. There have been some rough times, but that's not a reason to ask for his head after one game this season. That's a little too much blame IMO.

I've never criticized Gibbs as a coach.

A fan that doesn't believe in his team and his coach needs to do some soul searching.

Never? Check your history, maybe not specifically calling him out but you criticized the teams playcalling so without calling out GW or AL, you are saying the team aka Gibbs.

Believing in a team and questioning a team/ calling it what it is are 2 entirely different things.

People can hide behind the History of Gibbs but his players won the game. Granted Gibbs finally, FINALLY didnt take the emotion out of the game for the players and chose some risky (only risky for this team) plays and our players executed.

Mahoney, Paragraphs. Paragraphs, Mahoney. I'll let you two talk.

-Once again great insight. I didn't ask you to read the paragraphs or ever give a ****. If you have a response to them, please do I put it in bullet forum so it could be easier on the eyes. If you don't know how to respond to any of the points, stay quiet and let the men talk.

Archived