Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Defense after 4 games

paloosa

Our average 5.3 looks to be #1. I am not 100% certain what it is as I cant get the math to work out, but I thought it was average yards allowed per attempted pass. We are facing a lot of passes too, they have been forced it seems into the short game by our base D. TAYLOR may have something to do with that paltry avg.

We are the number 8 in pass defense, 8 in rush defense, 3 in scoring defense and number 3 in overall defense.

The numbers don't lie and if we didn't have that melt down against the Giants we would be number 1 baby!!!!

[/size]

The defense has been awesome, but the numbers might actually be lying a little bit. We've only played 4 games, most teams have played 5.

After watching the replay of the Lions game (for the 3rd time :D ), it really made me realize how utterly important our offense was in playing a part in the defense.

We sustained long drives, rarely had any 3 and outs, made them go a long way every time. Not to mention the fact that it's much easier calling defensive plays with a 2 touchdown lead. Remember, their only scoring drive included about 40 yards rushing.

The defense has been awesome, but the numbers might actually be lying a little bit. We've only played 4 games, most teams have played 5.

It's taking averages. So it doesn't matter if we only played 4 games compare to 5 games. Now if you're talking about 4 games compared to 8 games then it hold some merit. But it's only 1 game so the average does hold up.

Archived