Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury likely to keep Henry on sideline

HeHateMe

Most important piece of news no one is talking about as far as I'm concerned. Henry's absense creates huge problems for Dallas, which, at this point, they arent fully prepared to deal with. Henry, when in, has been stellar.

Belichick, Brady and Co. should be able to exploit Henry's absence in a number of ways which unfortunately, will probably be too much to overcome

Really wouldve been nice to have all our bullets for this matchup.

http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/264213.html

COWBOYS NOTES

Injury likely to keep Henry on sideline

By RICK HERRIN

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING -- The Cowboys are expected to be without cornerback Anthony Henry on Sunday for the showdown with New England.

Henry, who is out with a high right ankle sprain, did not practice Wednesday, and coach Wade Phillips said Henry is not ready to return. He suffered the injury in the first quarter against St. Louis and did not play against Buffalo.

"Not real close," Phillips said. "He says he feels a lot better. He didn't go through the walk-through today, so that's not a great sign."

Henry, whose four interceptions lead the NFL, had his walking boot removed this week.

"I don't think it's an injury you can shoot up and be able to play," Phillips said.

Henry was expected to miss two-to-four weeks when he initially suffered the injury. But his injury was not considered a severe high ankle sprain, and last week owner Jerry Jones believed he could return this week.

The Cowboys will miss their biggest and most physical cornerback against New England's Randy Moss, who is tied for the league lead with seven touchdowns. Henry will be replaced in the lineup by Terence Newman.

So who starts on the other side for you guys? He better be ready, if not, Brady might go for 4 TD's on that side. :laugh:

Jaques Reeves baby!

Actually, he hasnt been too bad. Better than I thought.

But he also hasnt faced a situation like he will on Sunday.

Keepin' my fingers crossed.

I'm approaching this one like Buffalo approached us last week. We're undermanned. They are the superior team but none of that matters because there's still a 60 minute game to play. Counting on energy from the home crowd, perhaps a few mistakes from the Pats, and prayer.

You mean losing to the Pats 25-24 on a last second feild goal?

I know it's tough because NE has such good protection, but I see the Pats the same way I see the Pack. Kill the QB and the offense will die shorty thereafter. Easier said than done, but teams just have to commit completely to the blitz, take some early lumps and eventually wear them down.

I put Stallworth in mine since Moss will be double or triple covered. I sure hope it pays off.:laugh:

Dr. Z's dumb ass cracked me up when he predicted that the Cowboys would use Roy Williams to aid on covering Randy Moss to punish him.

Yeah, THAT'LL keep him under wraps... lol

Is Newman at 100% or is the foot still hindering him? The only play I remember was the INT and he looked OK. But it's the cutting that puts pressure on the plantar fascia not the straight ahead running.

Newman has gotten a shot before each game he has played and will not be 100% this year. As you said, he seems to be able to run straight ahead and had a couple excellent plays last week running straight ahead and tackling. Couldn't tell on his cutting but the Bills offense may not have given him much challenge there. He stated after the Bills he wasn't in "game shape" yet. On his INT last week, RB Anthony Thomas ran him down and that would never happen if he was in shape.

Newman has gotten a shot before each game he has played and will not be 100% this year. As you said, he seems to be able to run straight ahead and had a couple excellent plays last week running straight ahead and tackling. Couldn't tell on his cutting but the Bills offense may not have given him much challenge there. He stated after the Bills he wasn't in "game shape" yet. On his INT last week, RB Anthony Thomas ran him down and that would never happen if he was in shape.

Actually I think it was Lee Evans that ran him down. Thanks for the rundown on Newman.

Is Newman at 100% or is the foot still hindering him? The only play I remember was the INT and he looked OK. But it's the cutting that puts pressure on the plantar fascia not the straight ahead running.

It was quite apparent after getting caught from behind that Newman is probably 75-80% at best right now.

When 100%, not a player in the league wouldve stopped him from the pick-6 there.

Just hoping whatever percent he is, will be enough to slow Moss down just enough.

Why would the pukes miss Henry? He's part of a pathetically deficient secondary. They should be happy to get a look at some new guy.

Again tr1, I love ya, and want to respect your football knowledge, but its posts like these that make it so difficult.

If you actually watched any Dallas games, you'd already know that Henry was having a great season.

But keep your head in the sand, its more fun that way. ;)

Archived