Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do people suck?

Zen-like Todd

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think that society today doesn't value respect for others and focuses more on, "What's in it for me?" People are more likely to put their needs ahead of everyone else's and will only do a good deed or grant a favor request if something is in it for them.

I think that society today doesn't value respect for others and focuses more on, "What's in it for me?" People are more likely to put their needs ahead of everyone else's and will only do a good deed or grant a favor request if something is in it for them.

People weren't like that in the Olden Days?

Sure, you had greed back then. But, common courtesy wasn't "frowned upon" nor did it draw strange looks like it does, now. At least that's the way my parents raised me.

On that note, I once saw a woman who was on crutches with her foot in a cast struggling to get through the doors to a store I was coming out of, so I sped up my pace from a walk to a jog to get to the door and hold it open for her. I was trying to help out a person who was clearly having a hard time on crutches, and there wasn't a handi-cap door or anything. The woman didn't say anything and gave me a weird look, pissed me off for the rest of the day because helping someone out made me seem strange and it didn't feel right.

Archived