Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins ticket office underperforming?

worstSeat

Here's a recent email a buddy got... I'm posting it first because this came from a buddy who is registered at redskins.com (which I am) but isn't on the ticket waiting list (I am on the waiting list) got this but I didn't. I did get one about the Lions last week.

Dear Redskins Fan:

As a Redskins.com regisitered memeber, you are invited to take first advantage of an exciting opportunity!

The Redskins have received tickets back from the broadcast network and other media. There are an extremely limited number of tickets available for sale for the game versus the Arizona Cardinals Sunday, October 21st at 1:00 PM.

Please call the Redskins immediately at 301-276-6800 to place your order.

I'm really impressed with their spelling of "regisitered memeber". Crackpot staff there.

How badly are the Skins hurting to sell tickets?

1.) We've got a quickly-written, poorly proofread, randomly targeted sales pitch for the Cards, above.

2.) That half-season ticket promotion email "accidentally" sent to everyone earlier this season. (The ticket office stinks this year, folks.)

3.) A recent thread on the Lions tickets suggesting sales are sluggish.

4.) Mark the Homer suggesting the Skins are selling on StubHub.

5.) A new[?] "seat activation fee" for new season ticket buyers, not to mention in the same thread that the Skins are asking for money in 2007 for the 2008 season. Next thing you know, they'll have PSLs.

I'd also mention the reports that scalper prices are down this year, though I don't know that for sure.

I realize somebody's gotta pay for Archuleta and Lloyd and there's nothing wrong with a businessman making a buck, but, um, things don't seem good. With a good record, I'd expect more good news on the ticket front. Maybe there's a lag between a good season and better sales.

Still, things look like they're going downhill. Thanks, The Danny.

yeah, i got that email today too. it does seem kinda weird how, lately, they seem to be doing anything possible to get tickets sold. i may call and see what kinda prices they have...

I got two tix from StubHub to the Cards game for 55.00 a piece in section 444. Isn't that still below face value?

I received that email too.

To make a point, though, I wonder if anyone considers that we have 92,000 seats to fill, versus maybe 70k or less at most stadiums.

Selling out the Meadowlands is comparable to 80% or less capacity at FedEx.

Just sayin.' We is ok folks.

HAIL mofos!

So did people who are registered on redskins.com get an e-mail like this and not people on the season ticket waiting list?

It's weird the way their emails work. I have been on the waiting list for a few years and I know they have my email correct, but I only get sporatic emails from them when others get them regularly.

Its amazing the lengths some people will reach to bash the FO

Seriously. We're trying to get our stadium...the largest in the NFL...filled and people are complaining???

This is a joke right??

Going downhill?? :laugh:

We set a record for most attendance this year. So they must be doing something right. And its a record that will surely be broke again this year as the team continues to do good (and especially during the Dallas game)

Yep, and in these cases, the ticket office.

They offer face value tickets for each game this year. Some people jump on the tickets and appreciate the opportunity, and others come up with elaborate conspiracy theories. It's interesting to watch.

So did people who are registered on redskins.com get an e-mail like this and not people on the season ticket waiting list?

That's what it sounds like (though I'm on redskins.com; musta opted out of spam).

Except, as is pointed out, that this is the ticket office.

Seriously, though, they don't have spellcheck? Can't they write these things in advance? What kind of pride does this show in their work? What's with the last-minute, sorry sales pitch?

The email's bungled. The partial season ticket plan spam was bungled. The Danny is squeezing people that have been on the waiting list for a decade simply because he can. That's not building goodwill; it's trashing your loyal customers.

And Mark's StubHub research is pretty impressive. Haven't seen anyone give us a good explanation what might think is going on there aside from Mark's insinuation.

If you've got nothing more to contribute to the thread than the above, move on and don't give it a bump. If you've got an idea why the ticket office is doing such a poor job pushing these tickets, is willfully exploiting loyal customers, and maybe even scalping tix themselves, feel free to pitch in.

If you've got nothing more to contribute to the thread than the above, move on and don't give it a bump. If you've got an idea why the ticket office is doing such a poor job pushing these tickets, is willfully exploiting loyal customers, and maybe even scalping tix themselves, feel free to pitch in.

Please. The same can be said to you. You don't want to take advantage of the offer, move on. You're bashing the ticket office for offering tickets.

Available tickets are offered and you're attacking the ticket office and presenting other people's conspiracy theories based on mispelled words in the offer. It's just ridiculous.

What is one of the top complaints by many here about FedEx......empty seats.

The Redskins have tickets available and are offering them to fans who may want to actually go to the live game at face.

They've been doing it for awhile now, I took them up on it at least 3-4 times while I was waiting to get my season tickets and was pretty happy.

I don't see what the gripe is......

There are alot of valid issues about FedEx, ticket prices/ticket sales (ala Touchdown Club etc.) and other things worth complaining about.

Offering returned tickets to actual Redskins fans isn't one of them.

Why are people confused by worst seat's questioning of the TO? His question was why was an offer to purchase individual tickets being made to a member of the team's website and not to a person on the Redskins season ticket waitlist. If true, it seems like a logical question to me.

Why are people confused by worst seat's questioning of the TO? His question was why was an offer to purchase individual tickets being made to a member of the team's website and not to a person on the Redskins season ticket waitlist. If true, it seems like a logical question to me.

I guess it's because he "confused" us with everything else he said.

To the point you raise, the following is the email my daughter got today as a wait list member dated today at 11:34 AM for what it's worth.

Dear Waitlist Member:

As a valued member of the Redskins wait list you are invited to take first advantage of an exciting opportunity!

The Redskins have received tickets back from the broadcast network and other media. There are an extremely limited number of tickets available for sale for the game versus the Arizona Cardinals Sunday, October 21st at 1:00 PM.

These tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis with some great locations remaining.

Quantities are extremely limited so don’t delay.

Please call the Redskins immediately at 301-276-6800 to place your order.

spacer.gif

I think it's pretty simple.

Club seat contracts are expiring this year. Nobody's renewing. One of the incentives for club seats is that you can skip the whole waiting list.

If they were to just give these open seats to the waiting list, the list would be moving at a fast enough rate that potential season ticket buyers would say, "All I have to do is wait a couple of years! No need to get club seats!"

Archived