Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wade vs Kampman: Thoughts?

warpath3607

This seems like a very difficult matchup for Wade and by far the best pass rusher he has seen all year. Im thinking that Cooley is going to be blocking much more this game. Although we still have a great blocker in Portis so I am not terribly worried but it is still a glarring mismatch.

Wade will have his hands full IMO, but I think/hope he will be up to the task. Chris and Wade had their occasional breakdowns against the Lions, but the right side IMO seems to be playing much better in terms of the run and in pass protection.

Yea dont get me wrong. I have been THOUROUGHLY impressed with the play of Fabini and Wade thus far. This is just a must bigger challenge this week.

The weakness of the GReen Bay secondary is in the middle - they have two very good corners in Woodson and Harris. We need Cooley out catching passes not sat at the line banging heads so I'd use Sellars more in a blocking role in two TE sets.

As others have already said we need to establish the run first to both slow down the rush and set up play action. Same script as every week really ......

I think Betts could see a bigger role this week, coming out of the backfield.

The best way to neutralize the pass rush is to run at it, setting up play action. This team will not be able to run right until all aspects of the offense are clicking well, so I suspect dumping off to Betts is the most logical alternative..:2cents:

this will be a key matchup for the packers. wade is a good run blocker, but a mediocre pass blocker. kampman is a beast. however, we MUST incorporate cooley into this game; green bay has been having trouble covering good TEs this year and we need cooley to soften up their cover 2 by running routes down the seam. he's a terrible blocker anyway. we'll just have to keep portis or sellers in pass protection. or, we can use two TE sets, lining cooley up in the slot (he's fast enough) and yoder in the usual TE position.

I think Betts could see a bigger role this week, coming out of the backfield.

The best way to neutralize the pass rush is to run at it, setting up play action. This team will not be able to run right until all aspects of the offense are clicking well, so I suspect dumping off to Betts is the most logical alternative..:2cents:

This is just speculation, obviously, but I suspect Al Saunders would agree with you, but Joe Gibbs would not. In Al's K.C. days, the RB's combined yardage was always very high. He and Joe use the RB position differently. I believe Betts, the better receiver, would start if it was up to Al.

I think you run away from him on running plays and force Kampman into over-pursuing maybe by running screens and misdirection to his side. I think Kampman will be licking his chops that Wade is on his side, and we could force him into mistakes. I'm not as worried about the left side of the line. KGB is serviceable but the right side of their D line is not as strong IMO. I will say this though that Wade is pretty good and certainly has improved since his start for Jansen. I think Kampman is along the same lines as far as talent as Strahan and Kearse (whose not quite as good). So, Wade won't get dominated IMO. Hopefully the coaches will let these guys play and not over protect in the beginning of the game. I think you leave Wade out on an island and then if things start to go bad on that side you put someone over there to give him help. :2cents:

I am not too worried about pass protection as we have been very consistent thus far. Green Bay certainly has some good rushers but overall we should be fine.

The concern for me is the running game. Since we lost Randy our blocking schemes have suffered. I've tried to go back and watch the run plays in slow motion from week to week and what I saw early in the zone blocking was guys doubling then releasing on the 2nd level perfectly. The right side has had a hard time getting to the linebackers the past few weeks s owe will need Buges to keep working them on that. It should improve as time goes by but for now the GB linebackers are going to make alot of stops for short gains.

I know this sounds like heresy but Cooley missed quite a few assignments last week. We need to get all of these guys back on track so we can stay ahead of the chains and make it easy for JC.

This seems like a very difficult matchup for Wade and by far the best pass rusher he has seen all year. Im thinking that Cooley is going to be blocking much more this game. Although we still have a great blocker in Portis so I am not terribly worried but it is still a glarring mismatch.

I was hoping we wouldn't have to leave Cooley in to block, because it seems that GB is having difficulty covering TE's

Archived