Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Green Bay Not As Tough As Their Record

Campbell's_da_man

The Green Bay Packers had the chance last weekend to start off their season 5-0. And heading into week five in this young NFL season, they were one of only four (4) teams among the undefeated ranks. Unfortunately, the Pack let one slip away, as they were the first of the four team's to drop out of the undefeated class. While it is a tough task to start the season 4-0, I don't believe the Green Bay Packers are as tough as their record would indicate.

Before the season began, they appeared to have a rough road ahead, facing some of last season's best teams early, in this year's schedule. But what a difference a year can make! Many of the team's that were at, or near the top rankings in last years run to the Super Bowl are now struggling near the bottom. Would I be out of line if I were to suggest that Green Bay is over-rated? Perhaps in some minds, but here is why I believe they are not nearly as great as their record would have us believe.

The proof can always be found in the pudding. And what looked like a tough schedule in the beginning, has really turned into a great stroke of luck for the pack. A closer look reveals that the tough schedule they thought they were going to have, has really turned into a very favorable one when you look back. The combined win/loss records of Green Bay's opponents over the first five weeks really tells the tale, their opponents were 9-14, for a .391 winning percentage.

(1) Philadelphia - 1-3

(2) N. Y. Giants - 3-2

(3) San Diego --- 2-3

(4) Minnesota --- 1-3

(5) Chicago ----- 2-3

The Eagles and Giants, both started out 0-2 and couldn't get out of their own way. Of course, the Giants appear to be getting a little bit better handle recently, but only after playing Green Bay in week 2. San Diego was 1-3 when they met Green Bay. Minnesota is 1-3 now, and Chicago was 1-3 going into the week 5 match up against the Pack. At the time Green Bay faced these opponents, the opponents had only 3 wins among them, combined.

This week, the Redskins are heading into hostile Green Bay territory, against a pretty good team, but they aren't nearly as good as their record. The Redskins are by far, the best team that Green Bay has faced so far this season, as we will double the (3) wins of the Pack's opponents in a single week. I believe the Redskins should win this game easily if they bring their "A" game, and don't let the crowd talk them out of it.

So let's go Redskins, it's time to do what we do, behind enemy lines!!

Go Skins!!

I really am not too worried about this game, judging by the way they played the Eagles and Bears I haven't seen anything too great. Favre's back is probably about to give any second the way he's been carrying the offense and the way his receivers keep fumbling the ball just make the weight on his back that much heavier.

I still think that the Packers will be the biggest challenge so far. If you're basing if off record:

Dolphins (0-5)

Eagles (1-3)

Giants (3-2)

Lions (3-2)

Of course records don't tell the whole story, but this game should be good. Of course, I think we'll still be able to pull through, maybe by a large amount.

Let's not get high and mighty about fumbles...see Clinton Portis. This goes w/o saying but if our defense plays like it did on Sunday, we will be 4-1. If they play like they played against the ants in the 2nd half, we'll be 3-2. I feel pretty good about this game and our team. I have a few good natured bets going with some GB fans I know and love and I'm going to love to collect.

Hail to the Redskins!!!

:packsuck: :packsuck: :packsuck:

This WILL be a tough game. The Packers are coming off a tough loss and we'll be playing on their turf.

Is anyone else having that Giants-game-feeling too? :paranoid:

the Giants just finally did what they are capable of.... GB has been overachieving for the personnel they have. we should take this game.... no ifs, ands, or buts

I think Green Bay is indeed as good as their record...they've improved pretty significantly over the last three weeks of play, even with the loss against the Bears. Fortunately I think the Skins might be a little better than their record...

At any rate, Green Bay deserves their record and their standing in the NFC...there's no way this is gonna be an easy game. But I have a quiet confidence in the Skins and am hoping their destroying of the Lions has put them on a roll... :cheers:

21/24-13.. Packers aren't scoring no more than 13 points this game. I don't care how you put it, 1td, 2fgs. Our Boyz got something to prove to the nation. To be honest, I don't want the recognition yet, lets just keep slipping under the radar with those devasting hits our guys put on opponents. Let JC look like Favre did in his prime! I'm really boosted for this game, GO SKINS!

This WILL be a tough game. The Packers are coming off a tough loss and we'll be playing on their turf.

Is anyone else having that Giants-game-feeling too? :paranoid:

Yes. And, as I've always said, anyone who takes any team too lightly is an idiot. Any given Sunday any given team can win or lose.

The Green Bay Packers had the chance last weekend to start off their season 5-0. And heading into week five in this young NFL season' date=' they were one of only four (4) teams among the undefeated rankings. Unfortunately, the Pack let one slip away, as they were the first of the four team's to drop out of the undefeated class. While it is a tough task to start the season 4-0, I don't believe the Green Bay Packers are as tough as their record would indicate.

Before the season began, they appeared to have a rough road ahead, facing some of last season's best teams early, in this season's schedule. But what a difference a year can make! Many of the team's that were at or near the top rankings in last years run to the Super Bowl are now struggling near the bottom. Would I be out of line if I were to suggest that Green Bay is over-rated? Perhaps in some minds, but here is why I believe they are not nearly as great as their record would have us believe.

The proof can always be found in the pudding. And what looked like a tough schedule in the beginning, has really turned into a great stroke of luck for the pack. A closer look reveals that the tough schedule they thought they were going to have, has really turned into a very favorable one when you look back. The combined win/loss records of Green Bay's opponents over the first five weeks really tells the tale, they were 9-23.

(1) Philadelphia - 1-3

(2) N. Y. Giants - 3-2

(3) San Diego --- 2-3

(4) Minnesota --- 1-3

(5) Chicago ----- 2-3

The Eagles and Giants, both started out 0-2 and couldn't get out of their own way. Of course, the Giants appear to be getting a little bit better handle recently, but that came after Green Bay in week 2. San Diego was 1-3 when they met Green Bay. Minnesota is 1-3, and Chicago was 1-3 going into the week 5 match up against the pack. At the time Green Bay faced these opponents, the opponents had only 3 wins among them combined.

This week, the Redskins are heading into hostile Green Bay territory, against a pretty good team, but they aren't nearly as good as their record. The Redskins are by far, the best team that Green Bay has faced so far this season. I believe the Redskins should win this game easily if they bring their "A" game and don't let the crowd talk them out of it.

So let's go Redskins, it's time to do what we do, behind enemy lines!!

Go Skins!![/quote']

People could say the same thing about our schedule. I think we can and will win this week but Green Bay is a good football team. Make no mistake about it, we're in for a dog fight. They have a physical defense and an explosive passing game. With that said, if we control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, we could win and win in convincing fashion.

Archived