Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Cowboys vs Patriots Spread

hail2skins

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I have a bad feeling about this game. Remind me of the cowboys and colts game of last year. Cowboys might win this. If you guys think the Patriots beat the **** outta the cowboys, you will be pissed.

This is going to be a close game. 24-21 Patriots win; last minute FG.

Hey, ya know, I fully believe Dallas can win, I just want with every molecule of my being that they don't. And, in fact, I do believe the Patriots to be a clearly better team. But the difference between the two is less than I thought between the Bills & Dallas, and the Bills came so damn close. Patriots need to be right on top of it---Dallas will be fired up just like we'll be when we play them.

I think you guys can win it too -- god help us if that happens, there will be Cowboys fans you didn't even know existed coming out of the woodworks.

My gut tells me the Patriots are going to steal one from you guys; what I mean by that, is you might have an early lead or you might have the advantage in the box score.

Karmas going to bite you in the ass for that Bills win, somewhere down the line. :)

Patriots win this by double digits. The best thing Dallas has going for them is being at home. I truly believed the crazed Bills fans helped energized their team to play above their head. However, Dallas isn't really known for a place where fans get really loud.

Dallas must score a TD on one of its first two drives or it is over. They can't continue their season-long tendency of poor starts. The Pats D will be tough enough but you cant get behind and be forced to become even more one-dimensional than the Boys already are with passing.

Brady is the first good QB the Boys have played to date. The pass rush has been a disappointment to me so far (rank #13) but should improve with Ellis back and Spencer gaining experience. The CBs have been playing off the WRs allowing for the short pass (rank T#6 w/Pats & 6.3 YPA). Poor QB play has the opponents even missing many shorter routes (#6 in Def Pass Comp %) This is where Brady will eat the Cowboys lunch & dinner if they continue allowing the shorter routes.

If Dallas doesn't get behind early, wins the turnover ratio by 2 or more, and can show a good running attack they have a chance.

Obviously if we come out like we did against the Bills..well it's just gonna be a long day. :D If we can pressure Brady I think we might have a chance, but even then the Pats are REALLY good. I think maybe we win this one 1 out of 10 times and I hope that our piece of "humble pie" served Monday night will keep us focused. Hopefully Sunday is that 10% :D

BTW: I picked Patriots by single digits.

The Patriots will beat the Cowboys.

Despite getting the W against the Bills, it's safe to say that everything that happened in that game is weighing on Romo sits to pee's mind. And now he's planning on going up against a much better defense.

I know cowboys fans have debating against the whole "blueprint has been shown by Bills" arguement but like it or not, it's true. The Bills methodically broke down that Cowboys offense. The Patriots will learn a lot from that.

The Bills game will haunt Romo sits to pee, IMO. Whatever Romo sits to pee was able to put behind him concerning the end of the 2006 season... trust me, it's back in his head. He will start doubting himself. I wonder if he'll be able to pull himself up from the beat down. I think he can if he has the right teammates around him. But then there's the TO factor. I doubt TO can bring him up.

Complete hunch, but I see something along these lines:

1st quarter, scoreless, several three-and-outs. 2nd quarter, NE gets 2 FGs and Dallas scores a TD right before half-time.

7-6 at half.

3rd quarter, Dallas gets an early FG and NE drives to score a TD. 4th quarter, NE scores 2 more TDs and kneels to end the game after intercepting Romo sits to pee on Dallas' final series.

Final score, 27-10 New England. Cowboys performance is hugely improved over Monday and actually pretty respectable, but just not enough to keep up with New England's power.

I've said it on other threads to Cowboy fans... that they haven't played anyone good yet and that the Patriots game will be the real test. The Bills showed them that Romo sits to pee is not the return of Christ.

Funny thing is... I'm starting to feel that the Bills have helped the Cowboys, in a way. That ass whoopin'--despite the cowboys getting a W--will make the Cowboys better going into the Patriots game. The Cowboys have seen that they're not as great as they think they are. So whatever thoughts they had about a game plan for the Patriots has now been magnified. They will be preparing MUCH MORE for the Patriots.

I'm glad the Cowboys vs Patriots is televised nationwide. The game is going to mean so much more than I once thought. The big question is... will Romo sits to pee repeat himself or will he push himself past the good he has already done?

I'm also wondering... will the Patriots walk into this game like Dallas walked into the Bills game? It was evident in the first few minutes of the Bills game that mentally, the Cowboys assumed victory before the kickoff began. We all know that the Patriots are aware of what happened in the Cowboys vs Bills game. So will the Patriots walk into the same trap and assume victory before kickoff?

This game is either gonna be bloody, hard fought, back-and-forth leads... :cool: ...or one of these teams is going to completely dominate the other. Which one will it be?

If there's one thing Belichek does consistently well it is get his team prepared for a game. As much as Dallass looked iffy against the Bills the Pats had some real issues with Cleveland, so I don't expect either team to take the field with their head in clouds. It's gonna be a tough one.

I second the opinion that the biggest problem the 'Boys may have is that slow start mode they've been in. They're not going to be able to simply cede the first half to NE and expect to be close at halftime. I fully expect the Pats to make a point of trying to capitalize on that tendency to start slow, and I won't be surprised if BB tries to use some variation of that "creep" D that the Bills were doing if possible.

Dallass is close or tied at the half? It's up for grabs and they may take it. NE's got a 2 TD lead or better? It's over.

The 'Boys could come out looking better even with a loss if it's hardfought, the Pats almost HAVE to win by double digits or some of the shine is going to be rubbed off of them.

I look at this weeks game a little different, New Engand is good and Dallas and the rest of the league knows that....New England has that respect not only because they are 5-0 this year but also because of their record over the past few years and even if the Pats lose this week they still will have that respect.

Dallas on the other hand is 5-0 but they have not gained much respect for that record outside of their fan base because of the record they have had over the past few years. Just like most Skin fans on this board people think that the 5-0 record is a fluke and expect the Boys to be blown out this weekend..

I think Dallas will not hold anything back this week because as a team they are trying to gain that same respect.....will they win....I guess we will find out sunday, as a fan I think they have a good shot playing at home if they bring their A game....even if they lose and the game is close Dallas will still gain some respect across the league...If they get blown out at home then sure they dont belong in the same breath as the Pats at this point in the season

Archived