Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're closer than you think!

BG4SHEEZEE

In watching all of the games this year, here is something I've noticed. Aside from the first game and the second half against the giants, we've DOMINATED. The eagle game was never really close and if not for miscommunication on the first drive and Campbell's overthrown ball it could have been a blowout. The defense was playing solid and the offense was moving at will.

The first half against the giants was controlled by us as well. We just fell apart in the second half. and then there is the lions game. Think of how much worse it could have been if we recovered a few of those fumbles.

Overall I feel that as Campbell gets more comfortable, is given more responsibility, and if the injury bug doesn't take us out we will see a truly strong team. Who else feels the same?

:packsuck:

I feel like we are on the right track....the problem is we usually fall of the track at some point.

That has been our MO for the past few years, flashes of brilliance and then we fall apart. I truly hope we have put those days behind us....I'm really looking for some consistency. Our schedule is turning out to be much harder than we anticipated we can't afford to fall off at any time especially with Dallas getting it done.

Don't look now but we also dominated the Miami game. All Smoot had to do is hold on to the ball which was easier than the one Rogers got Sunday and the Overtime never happens. In addition I don't think Gregg Williams gave enough credit to his DBs so he played real soft. Not any more. We can change up on anyone right now.

The Giants once again was simply a coach induced loss. We picked the wrong team to try and sit on a lead. I mean when we had to score look how fast we moved the ball down field. Not going in for that one yard was also something I blame the Coaches. I mean did you see Sellers yesterday. Anything less than two yards and this guy is going to get it. So IMO we have dominated everyone and killed ourselves in two games with stupid coaching moves.

You should feel even better after reading Casserly's take on the skins:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10398135

(There's also a thread on this subject)

Injury is the main issue for our team right now...if we can weather the storm while building more team chemistry & familiarity, I'll take our chances over anyone else in the NFC:

--The Cowboys haven't played a team ranked in the top-15 in the league on offense (#16, 19, 27, 30 & 31 so far). And we've seen how bad "the next Brett Favre" can look on an off-day.

--The Pack are next to last in rushing offense, and are middle of the pack in rush D.

--The Lions...well, you know.

--The Giants have something to be desired on pass defense (#20), even with the pressure they can get with their DEs.

--Philadelphia may be rounding out into shape, but they looked horrid against the Giants.

--Arizona's gonna have a hard time keeping Warner at QB for 16 games (esp. if they go away from the no-huddle)

--Seattle can't get Alexander going, and they're no great shakes on D, either.

--Tampa needs a RB, & their O-Line is breaking down.

...anyone out there have more upside right now? Not to me.

You should feel even better after reading Casserly's take on the skins:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10398135

(There's also a thread on this subject)

Injury is the main issue for our team right now...if we can weather the storm while building more team chemistry & familiarity, I'll take our chances over anyone else in the NFC:

--The Cowboys haven't played a team ranked in the top-15 in the league on offense (#16, 19, 27, 30 & 31 so far). And we've seen how bad "the next Brett Favre" can look on an off-day.

I bet their rookie kicker misses that kick if he tries 2 or 3 more times.

--The Pack are next to last in rushing offense, and are middle of the pack in rush D.

The "old Tony Romo sits to pee" should look even worse on a bad day

--The Lions...well, you know.

Ancient history...ashamed I was worried about them...

--The Giants have something to be desired on pass defense (#20), even with the pressure they can get with their DEs.

They'll be a factor if only because they have 3 cupcakes (or at least beatables) in a row in Atl, SF and Miami. Remember, we did nothing against that pass defense except make them move up in the ranking

--Philadelphia may be rounding out into shape, but they looked horrid against the Giants.

How they look after they bye will determine their season I think

--Arizona's gonna have a hard time keeping Warner at QB for 16 games (esp. if they go away from the no-huddle)

They're much improved, don't discount them yet

--Seattle can't get Alexander going, and they're no great shakes on D, either.

--Tampa needs a RB, & their O-Line is breaking down.

...anyone out there have more upside right now? Not to me.

In watching all of the games this year, here is something I've noticed. Aside from the first game and the second half against the giants, we've DOMINATED. The eagle game was never really close and if not for miscommunication on the first drive and Campbell's overthrown ball it could have been a blowout. The defense was playing solid and the offense was moving at will.

The first half against the giants was controlled by us as well. We just fell apart in the second half. and then there is the lions game. Think of how much worse it could have been if we recovered a few of those fumbles.

Overall I feel that as Campbell gets more comfortable, is given more responsibility, and if the injury bug doesn't take us out we will see a truly strong team. Who else feels the same?

I think the injury thing will be good. It's amazing how healthy people are when you win.

Things look good.

If we play like we did last week and copy the Bears gameplan, we should leave Green Bay with another W.

Hope we don't get overconfident or too conservative when we are ahead. Farve may be old but he still has his mojo.

Let's just hope we don't have to come from behind like the Bears had to in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter!!! ;)

No we aren't. Still just a FEW games left on the schedule. In December, if we're still doing well, THEN we're closer than you think

I definitely feel the same.

I still think some people dont take us seriously. But thats okay. I love it.

I cant wait until sunday When we b**** slap the pack.

I dont want the hype. I actually was glad that dallas won. let them get the hype. Let people sleep on us.

Things look good.

If we play like we did last week and copy the Bears gameplan, we should leave Green Bay with another W.

Hope we don't get overconfident or too conservative when we are ahead. Farve may be old but he still has his mojo.

We need to copy it. we'd easily beat the Pack. Just rush 4 like we did vs. the Lions and force Favre into making mistakes like Kitna did.

Archived