Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins #3 Defense!

Santana_Fan

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2007&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Find

We currently give up 268.0 yards a game. Just think, we just moved up a great amount of spots, playing the #4 overall Offense (at that time), and against the #1 Pass Offense (at that time). Now we have pushed that #4 Overall Offense back 9 spots in just one game...and their pass Offense is now #5, still good, but we still pushed them back 4 spots. Also, the best 3rd down defense, with 33%.

I'm still pissed that we aren't 4-0.

We'd be tied for 1st in the east if we won.

oh well once we beat GB next week and the Cowboys lose to the Pats, all will be well again. :D

i think that Giants game will be like the Bucs game in 05.... both come down to a yard and i just kept thinking how different things would be if we got the W

3rd in defense

12th in offense

Woah. :point2sky

With the way we were calling plays and executing them on Sunday, I think that offensive ranking will only get better. Granted, the Lions don't have a great defense, but Jason Campbell has shown improvement in every game since the season started (yes, even the Giants one, where he made clutch throw after clucth throw), and we almost put up as many points in one game as we had in our first two combined.

I was just curious to see if there was a possibility that the Redskins defensive ranking was a fluke or not so here are the results.

OPPOSING TEAM OFFENSE RANKING		OPPOSING TEAM AVERAGE
RANK	TEAM		WEEK 1	WEEK 2	WEEK 3	WEEK 4	WEEK 5	RANK	YDS/G
1	New England	29	18	31	4	8	18	287.4
2	San Diego	30	2	6	28	5	14.2	312.4
3	Washington	19	14	16		13	15.5	293.25
4	Baltimore	4	29	10	8	32	16.6	288.6
5	Tennessee	17	3	22		26	17	289.25

It looks like out of the Top 5 Defensive Teams, the Redskins have faced the second toughest group of offenses (according to averages alone).

Interesting to note that the Chargers have at this point faced 3 out of the Top 6 offenses.

It's probably important to note that none of these rankings are static and can change a lot by the end of the season.

I think a pretty impressive stat is the amount of penalties/yds, we have the fewest of all 32 teams. Finally we're not killing ourselves like we have in the past. Shows me a more disciplined group of guys. Better coaching, confidence, leadership? Little of all three? Don't know but there seems to be a lot less drama on the field than in previous two seasons. (Lavar, AA)

This is good and all, but there is a lot of ball yet to be played. also, the last time we had a number 3 ranked defense, we finished 6-10. In no way am I trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I just want people to stay grounded so there isn't an explosion of stupid we suck/everyone must be fired posts if we lose a game.

I think a pretty impressive stat is the amount of penalties/yds, we have the fewest of all 32 teams. Finally we're not killing ourselves like we have in the past. Shows me a more disciplined group of guys.

Well, we may have the least cumulative penalties in the league (I haven't seen that stat), but as you can see from my signature, we've had more penalties than the teams we've played, when we played them.

Us: 22 penalties for 177 yards

Them: 17 penalties for 111 yards

Still, our record indicates that we're doing something right.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2007&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Find

We currently give up 268.0 yards a game. Just think, we just moved up a great amount of spots, playing the #4 overall Offense (at that time), and against the #1 Pass Offense (at that time). Now we have pushed that #4 Overall Offense back 9 spots in just one game...and their pass Offense is now #5, still good, but we still pushed them back 4 spots. Also, the best 3rd down defense, with 33%.

The Pats have the best 3rd down D allowing only 29% but we're the best 3rd down defense int he NFC at 33%.

Archived