Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Buzz at Nation.... anyone party there back in the day?

Destino

I used to go there a ton back in the day, and Edge too on Saturdays ( :doh: :laugh: ). Probably started going in 2000 (fake IDs are nice) and probably stopped going to that scene regularly sometime in 03 or 04. Some crazy times at those places, for sure. Apparently they've started Buzz back up at Club Fur down on NY Ave, too.

99-02 where some awesome times! What I would give to be 7 years younger and not a care in the world.

You and me both buddy.

I don't think I've ever had a club experience in DC like I did drunk and bouncing around to Paul Oakenfold live at that place. When all the other clubs in DC were being lame and demanding guests dress up more then they did during the work day... buzz was letting people in wearing adidas warm ups and t-shirts.

Tracks (or Trax, or Traxx...whatever its name) was fun on Thursday night: five bucks admittance and then all you can drink for a couple of hours. It had some nice dance floors and outdoor area, too, with a volley ball pit and bleachers, and lots of cute girls. I remember, one night, Bad Brains played there; unfortunately I was around 10 people from the door when they stopped allowing folks into the club.

Yeah, any other night then Thursday wasn't a good night. :-P

I used to go from 97-00 on a pretty regular basis. Always a good time ... always had a blast. I remember one of the best nights that I had was at SuperSting when Roni Size came .... When I realized that I was spending too much money and not remembering a damn thing, I decided to step back and walk away. Sometimes I miss it.

Back in the day, I was partying there when it was called the "Capitol Ballroom"

Interesting times at Buzz

Yeah, I used to go to Buzz at least twice a month in high school...there was a period where I went every Friday...probably about 3 months or so. Would have been 97-98.

I miss DJ'ing there. Drinks got to be pretty expensive' date=' especially the energy drinks when they became popular. Some of my bboy friends used to frequent there from the mid-90's till around 03'/04'.[/quote']
Are any of you guys old enough to remember trax?

I used to kick it with some bboys that went to Trax and Buzz pretty frequently. My buddy was getting into that sort of thing, I just kind of hung around. :laugh: I can't remember the crew...but they had a studio they rented out near Brookland station, and there was a white dude who could do crazy head spins.

Does anyone know what happenned to Scott Henry? Last time I saw him was like 5 years ago when Lonnie Fisher still owned Sonar.

Are there any good local Jungle Dj's anymore?

Scott Henry just started a new Buzz party at Fur, he's still around. I know Ransom is still around in the area and they will actually have drum n bass playing this Friday. Oddly enough, I know people who work there now, despite not having been in the scene for a few years.

Scott Henry just started a new Buzz party at Fur, he's still around. I know Ransom is still around in the area and they will actually have drum n bass playing this Friday. Oddly enough, I know people who work there now, despite not having been in the scene for a few years.

Good to know Harry Ransom is still throwing down, I remember when he came on the scene in early '99, it took dude literaly like 3 months to be the best DnB DJ in DC. Is Ackshun Jackson still around?

Did you ever go to the Jungle parties at Cofa House that 2 Tuff threw?

Man I miss the old day's, look's like the 1200's and the Vestax might get fired up tonight with some ganja kru wax.

Good to know Harry Ransom is still throwing down, I remember when he came on the scene in early '99, it took dude literaly like 3 months to be the best DnB DJ in DC. Is Ackshun Jackson still around?

Did you ever go to the Jungle parties at Cofa House that 2 Tuff threw?

Man I miss the old day's, look's like the 1200's and the Vestax might get fired up tonight with some ganja kru wax.

I've been good friends with Harry and Benko for a long time now, that's good people. He's still doing his thing. I went out to see him play at Rock N Roll Hotel a few months back. I haven't heard Ackshun Jackson's name in a long time.

Cofa House, that's what it was called, I knew where it was but couldn't remember the name. Used to go there on Sundays all the time. Man, it's been a long time, I had a lot of fun back then. I need to get my records back at some point, I left them with someone a long time ago and never bothered to get them bac because I don't have tables anymore.

I've been good friends with Harry and Benko for a long time now, that's good people. He's still doing his thing. I went out to see him play at Rock N Roll Hotel a few months back. I haven't heard Ackshun Jackson's name in a long time.

Cofa House, that's what it was called, I knew where it was but couldn't remember the name. Used to go there on Sundays all the time. Man, it's been a long time, I had a lot of fun back then. I need to get my records back at some point, I left them with someone a long time ago and never bothered to get them bac because I don't have tables anymore.

The whole Step Syndicate was real cool back in the day, if you were trying to get a party goin' they would come play for free even after they got big. Who else was in their crew besides MC Escher? I used to hang with Ackshun for a while in '99 and 2000 but haven't seen or heard from him in 5 years. I used to be Jer Blaze if you have any old flyer's i made it on a few before I stopped when my wife got pregnent.

Are Wes Smith and the whole Juice crew still based out of DC?

Archived