Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Professional video game players.

Spaceman Spiff

Don't knock it till you try it. I thought it was pretty stupid until I saw a buddy in college that I could crush gaming win a 4k computer like it was nothing. Even the guys without sponship can easily earn expensive gear when they need it by spending a weekend in the right city.

I never got into the LAN party stuff but from what I hear it's a great time. Besides who doesn't play video games these days? Grandpa that's who.

And yes they are making mad cash. Baseball, football, hockey, basketball, etc etc etc. They all had to start somewhere. That's the feeling in the gaming community anyway. Everyone is convinced that it's just a matter of time before it blows up here in the US like it did in S. Korea.

One last thing:

It's only a matter of time before there are Gamers Annonymous meetings.

i saw an episode of the "intervention" tv show about a guy addicted to gaming. he was crazy to the max. he was a cross between fox mulder and cosmo kramer. he had a pretty good looking (for him) female "best friend" who appeared to be in love with him. he only agreed to get help b/c she threatened not to talk to him anymore.

My roomate came home with 2 xbox 360 games and a computer game for me from a tournament he played in. He played NCAA basketball 08 on the 360, of which he never even played before.

He came in second and first place was an xbox 360, he was pissed.

I have seen shows on professional gaming, it isn't easy, I couldn't do it.

I have made a couple thousand at tournaments for FPS games like call of duty, medal of honor back in the day, never CS or CSS, I just can't get into that game. I wasn't sponsored, a couple of teams I was on were, but whenever we won anything we split it up odd ways. I mostly made money in big tournaments, one on one isn't as fun to me. The sad thing is I know personally, have played alongside, and have played against players that are better than me that never really try to go out there and earn money. A lot of these guys making 250k playing games couldn't beat teammates of mine, but you get so many terrible players at a LAN...

My brother is a professional video game player. Counter-Strike. Travels the country playing in tournaments. They just did a piece on his team last week on Fox5 News here in DC.

I suck though.

Yea, I was in the same boat for a while before I got married. I used to play for a couple of national teams. Namely 2 called Meepins and x3o (lan center in Beltsville). We were lucky enough to be on ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, etc...and even made it to the National WCG Finals for counter-strike in NY.

Those days are gone now though, lol. As for gamers being losers, you'd be surprised. While many gamers are pretty lame, a lot of them are also pretty cool and normal people.

Archived