Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most Indispensable Redskin?

abu69

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sean Taylor without a doubt. Our defense is nothing without him, leaving everything in front of the LBs/Secondary and swarm to the ball to force minimal gains. Without ST teams are able (and willing) to go deep, but with him even the Lions' high powered passing attack is scared to challenge Sean Taylor deep.

This is exactly why I picked ST as well. He is the difference between giving up big pass plays and not. He pretty much shuts down the entire secondary. I'm not sure that there is any other safety currently in the game that can make that claim (maybe Ed Reed but people still go deep on him and he only has 1 more INT than Taylor). Now that he can play his true role as a FS we are seeing the freakish athleticism GW has talked about.

My argument for those picking JC, CP, or any other skill position, is this: those players are only as good as their O-line, and our O-line is only as good as Samuels. JC would not have the time to throw the ball, CP would not have big lanes to run through, and Moss would not have as much time to get open, if it weren't for our O-line. Yes, Heyer stepped up, but that was against vanilla defenses in the preseason. Also, he didn't really step up that much considering we had Cooley helping him out for many of the plays.

Second, I would say Cornelius Griffin, because he shuts down the run whenever he's in the game.

Third would be Sean Taylor. This guy has been so incredibly good this year, it's amazing. No one has gone deep, and he has made many, many statements with huge hits and INTs. Not only that, but I give him the utmost respect because he has won us so many games since he's been with us.

Lose Samuels, and about 60 minutes later, you're going to lose Campbell anyway.

You're point's well taken. Gibbs part1 wasn't predicated on having a franchise quarterback at all. Unlike, say, the present day Colts (imagine them without Manning). And we won championships.

Now, some may say that the game's changed. And to be sucessfull, you need that franchise guy under center. But I'm not so sure about that. Maybe some things will always be consistent in football no matter the era - win up front and everything else will follow.

So maybe you're right. Maybe JC's predicated on Samuels.

I said Portis. Sure he has Betts as a very solid back up but he is a dynamic player that changes how opposing defenses have to prepare for us. Honestly, how can you argue that 06 was a complete disaster because he wasn't in there and forced Brunell to throw the ball way too much.

I said Portis. Sure he has Betts as a very solid back up but he is a dynamic player that changes how opposing defenses have to prepare for us. Honestly, how can you argue that 06 was a complete disaster because he wasn't in there and forced Brunell to throw the ball way too much.

One of my favorite Redskins. But on my list he might not crack the top5.

I think w/o question it's Campbell. We are an entirely different team with him in vs Brunell (Whispered..I don't like to say the name too loudly).

But I also have to give Honorable mention to Mike Sellers. If you asked the question which player epitomizes Redskins football most he's an obvious choice.

Archived