Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the most Indispensable Redskin?

abu69

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The question is AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON, who is our most indispensable player?

For a while i've been convinced that we only go as far as Santana Moss will take us. He was the difference in '05 IMHO, and besides Cooley our only reliably receiving threat. Now that ARE has emerged and Campbell got it done with McCardell and Thrash in the second half, I'm beginning to waver on that theory.

Now? I'd have to go with Cornelius Griffin or Chris Samuels, esp. considering our lack of depth and injuries. We saw what happens without Griffin last year, and Samuels has been quietly phenomenal this year (as a good blindside tackle should be)...without him we can't even run to the left side - let alone the right.

I think our D will have to carry us this season. l have to vote for Griffin.

Thoughts?

Chris Samuels by far IMO

I thought about that one. But ya'know, I think that Stephon Heyer could be serviceable. Certainly not anywhere close to Samuels, but could play. Or maybe we'd shuffle around, and Fabini would play one of the tackle spots, and Wade the other. But I don't think it would end our season. Campbell going down would deflate us beyond repair. IMO.

Chris Samuels. Him and Jansen have solidified a position for us for nearly a decade, a position which most teams could only dream of solidifying the way we have. Samuels is better obviously.

While he has had his down plays, just think overall how consistent and good he has been. Despite all the change he has been solid and hopefully will be for at least 5-7 more years.

Samuels. If we were to lose Samuels say buh-bye to our running game. The hit our running game has taken with the losses of Jansen and Thomas is pretty obvious. Last year we seemed to get a lot more push off the line. I would actually put Pete Kendall as our second least dispensible player behind Samuels, with Jason as our third. Jason still has a lot to prove in my book, I'm still not sold on him being our quarterback of the future, but he is slightly better than Collins and Brunell.

If I had to pick for the defensive side of the ball I would say Fletcher hands down. He just seems to make everyone else much better!

P.S. to mods: Is my avatar still necessary, I made one comment about Snyder in what seems almost a year ago.

wow.... hard decision

it has to be between samuels and taylor... without samuels, our O doesnt work.... without taylor, our defense doesnt work

ill give the edge to taylor.... heyer could step in behind samuels A LOT better than doughty/p-lo step in behind taylor

Campbell. Would have said Samuels if Heyer hadnt stepped up this preseason.

Yea.

To those picking Samuels, my only argument is this. In my mind, he's clearly our Best player. But that's not the same as most indispensable. If he went down, I think somehow Buges would put something together that could be servicable (with some combination of Fabini, Wade, Heyer). Same for Sean Taylor (in my mind a close second in the Redskins "Best player" status). But we could piece something together that would resemble NFL play.

But if we lost Jason Campbell, I think the dropoff, over the entirety of a season, would be the most impactful for both this season, and the future development of the franchise. Double whammy.

Why is Sean Taylor getting so many votes? I think he is outstanding, but I don't think that the defense goes as Sean Taylor goes. I think London Fletcher is more of a difference maker, as a leader and a playmaker.

i kinda agree with you but you have a guy with his head up his ass as your avatar so i dont know

Our Ocho Cinco...Brandon Lloyd!

haha...

On a serious note, that is a tough question. If I had to choose I would choose Samuels because our O-Line is soo banged up. The bottom line is I will/would be concerned if any of those guys were to go down. Hopefully we stay as healthy as possible for the remainder of the season.

Yea.

To those picking Samuels, my only argument is this. In my mind, he's clearly our Best player. But that's not the same as most indispensable. If he went down, I think somehow Buges would put something together that could be servicable (with some combination of Fabini, Wade, Heyer). Same for Sean Taylor (in my mind a close second in the Redskins "Best player" status). But we could piece something together that would resemble NFL play.

But if we lost Jason Campbell, I think the dropoff, over the entirety of a season, would be the most impactful for both this season, and the future development of the franchise. Double whammy.

I disagree. Wade and Fabini are already starters. Lose Samuels, and you have one player on the line who was there last year, and you have absolutely no depth whatsoever. Gibbs' offense is predicated on protecting the QB. It all goes from there. We already can't run to the right side, lose Samuels and we have no running game whatsoever.

If we lost Campbell, either of our backups could manage the game. Lose Samuels, and about 60 minutes later, you're going to lose Campbell anyway.

Sean Taylor without a doubt. Our defense is nothing without him, leaving everything in front of the LBs/Secondary and swarm to the ball to force minimal gains. Without ST teams are able (and willing) to go deep, but with him even the Lions' high powered passing attack is scared to challenge Sean Taylor deep.

Archived