Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Fans! I Need Your Help! (Thought I'd Bump this for Gameday!)

SKINS FAN #56

Hey guys earlier before the season started, me and my dad were at the Redskins store in the Dulles Town Center. We were just looking around, hyped and pumped looking forward for the season. I came across the 75th Anniversary Retro jerseys, and an idea came across my dad's head. I was telling him how I wanted to buy one of the Campbell jerseys later on during the year, and this is exactly what he said...

"Tell you what, if the Redskins start out 4-0 this year, i'm gonna bring you back here and It's gonna be on me. All of it, you won't have to pay a cent. If they start out 3-1, you can buy one of these $50 shirts over here. 2-2 or lower, nothing. You got enough faith in your team?"

Okay so we start out 2-0, im all pumped and stuff thinking "Hell yeah! Giants, then the Lions and I got this thing!"

Unfortunately, we lose to the Giants in heart-breaker and i'm sitting there going "What a ****-hole to be in.." (lol)

And now, after the Redskins demolished Detroit 34-3, I'm thinking "Man..2-yards away from that jersey". On the bright side, I still have the option to get the $50 T-shirt.

So me and my dad are sitting and he goes.."Here's what I'll do..if they beat Green Bay, you get the jersey...BUT, if they lose, you're gonna have to give up the shirt too".

My take: I had enough faith in my team to go 4-0, which they only fell a few yards short of..Green Bay is coming off a huge Sunday Night loss at home, and our defense looks like it can stop just about anyone. I think I should go for it, I mean yeah I'll lose the shirt if we lose, but imagine if we win. And honestly deep down for some reason I have a feeling we're gonna pull it off in Green Bay on Sunday.

So, here I am, just thought I'd see what you guys would do if you were in my spot. And guess what? My dad said he's gonna bring the jersey home and keep it with him just to play mind games with me. Not to mention the receipt in case we lose.

Anyone?

:notworthy

Take the bet. You had enough faith to think we'd go 4-0 (and we almost did), so what's another game, right? Plus, if you had enough faith to think we'd go 4-0, you don't need colors to show that you're a true fan (although, it'd be nice to have them ;)).

Edit: BTW, I don't think anyone's lived "la vida loca" in Ashburn in a while...;)

By the way, is your father not a Skins fan? Or does he just like to play with your emotions? If you lose the bet you should take a crap in his dresser drawer. just so he knows what happens when he toys with you.

And to answer your question, he's sort of in between.

All of my family/relatives keep up with the Skins, and me and one of my uncles are like die-hard fans. I think he just wanted to give me something to look forward to and get fired up about, but yes he watches all the games and I force him to support us :silly:

And to answer your question, he's sort of in between.

All of my family/relatives keep up with the Skins, and me and one of my uncles are like die-hard fans. I think he just wanted to give me something to look forward to and get fired up about, but yes he watches all the games and I force him to support us :silly:

At least he isn't a fan of a rival team or something like that. It is actually pretty cool for him to make that bet, considering he doesn't really get anything in return if he wins, other than your misery.

]']If you do get the Shirt' date=' and we still manage to win Sunday, you will never ever wear it in your life. Go for the Gold.[/quote']Perfectly put. You'll think about selling them short every time you see it. Go for it! (Besides, if you lose, maybe he'll still get you one or the other for Christmas or something :) )

Archived