Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laxpunk2006

Kedric Golston- Inactive

Does anyone have any information as to why Golston was inactive Sunday? I haven't heard of any injuries or personal issues. Is it possible he was actually passed on the depth chart by Lorenzo Alexander? I believe he was listed inactive due to a "coach's decision."

They said it's because he was more of a run stopper and they wanted to load up on as many pressure and pass rushers as possible.

They said it's because he was more of a run stopper and they wanted to load up on as many pressure and pass rushers as possible.

that's what i read. they wanted more db's because they weren't concerned about the run

That's what I heard as well. Golston is more of a run stopper and they wanted to focus on the pass rush. Alexander is more of a pass rusher, as is Chris Wilson who also got on the field a lot against the Lions. It's all about putting your best guys on the field who match up for that team. Golston will be back soon enough.

Regardless, it's interesting that last year's starting DT didn't even make the active roster. He's a bit more of an overachiever than an elite talent. I'm hoping we haven't already seen his ceiling.

I guess they thouroughly thought out this game plan really well. I agree with the assessment that GW made about who to play because I tell ya, it worked pretty well in my eyes!!!! :applause:

Regardless, it's interesting that last year's starting DT didn't even make the active roster. He's a bit more of an overachiever than an elite talent. I'm hoping we haven't already seen his ceiling.

I don't think it's that serious, the coaches were just playing the matchups. The second we play a run heavy offense again, active Golston will be.

On the Joe Gibbs show, Coach said it was because they wanted more pass rushers and they were more concerned about the pass than the run (which Gloston excels at). I'm sure he will be active next week.

Does anyone have any information as to why Golston was inactive Sunday? I haven't heard of any injuries or personal issues. Is it possible he was actually passed on the depth chart by Lorenzo Alexander? I believe he was listed inactive due to a "coach's decision."

Forum Rule #8. Please use descriptive and accurate subject titles for your posts.

Please modify your title accordingly. :)

I think Golsten's weight gain, nearly 30lbs, has narrowed his skillset. Last year I thought he held up well against the POA but still had a bit of a burst to the QB. Now he appears to be more of a space-eater and middle clogger. Not that this is a bad thing... just different. We may not see him against the Packers either... because they're more of a passing team as well. In fact, we might not see him until the Arizona game when we face the Edge and a more balanced Phoenix attack.

OK. Here's a pet peeve. :D

Why do some guys start a thread in the stadium and then leave and go offline within 20-30 minutes? :fortune:

I know every guy will have their excuse (i.e. make something up), but uh-uh, it happens a lot. :doh:

It's like "my thoughts are so important I MUST start a thread NOW, but if I don't get instant gratification, I'm GONE." :silly:

Are they building a thread that they don't even plan to use until later? :rubeyes:

I wonder of these guys make phone calls and then walk away after the thrid ring but leave the phone off the hook, or knock on doors and then trun around and get back in the car right away and drive off. :whoknows:

Even if Golston gets replaced, we spent pennies on him and it wouldnt hurt the team. With that sais, I like our home grown talent and i like the fact that he overachieved his sixth round billing. If one of pass rushers gets hurt, he will still be able to come in and contribute. It really isnt a bad situation to be in, (having interchangable, quality personnell) but dont think Golston is slipping because we didnt play him this week. I see him as a fixture in our defense for a few years, and hoepfully beyond that.

Wilson played pretty well. He seemed to have a great motor and was always around the ball. I remember the first play he came in was a run and he chased down the ball carrier and got in on the tackle. Seemed pretty quick!

Not to thread jack, but did anyone pay attention to Wilson while he was in the game, did he get any pressures? I see from the stats sheet that he didn't get any sacks, but maybe he at least hurried Kitna? I'm reaching here, because I really want the guy to turn out to be a solid 3rd down pass rusher.

OK. Here's a pet peeve. :D

Why do some guys start a thread in the stadium and then leave and go offline within 20-30 minutes? :fortune:

I know every guy will have their excuse (i.e. make something up), but uh-uh, it happens a lot. :doh:

It's like "my thoughts are so important I MUST start a thread NOW, but if I don't get instant gratification, I'm GONE." :silly:

Are they building a thread that they don't even plan to use until later? :rubeyes:

I wonder of these guys make phone calls and then walk away after the thrid ring but leave the phone off the hook, or knock on doors and then trun around and get back in the car right away and drive off. :whoknows:

Well obviously this is directed at me so I'll adress your question. I started the thread because after the articles I've read recently, and a brief search I could not find a specific reason as to why Golston was inactive. So that is the reason for the starting of the thread. As far as going offline within 20 minutes. This is not by any means a large forum. Rather than refreshing the thread every few minutes and reading response by response, I have been working on the essay I have due tomorrow morning. Now that I'm having a little writers block I can come back, and view a collection of responses, rather than just one.

This thread was not for instant gratification, it was to hopefully find some insight as to why Golston was inactive. So far it seems to have succeeded.

So now my contribution. GB has been a predominantly passing offense. Should we expect Golston to sit another week to make room for more pass rushers?