Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor Deserves a Raise

rvan1

Sean Taylor is in the 4th year of his 7 year/18 million dollar contract. Landry has a 5 year, 41.5 mil (max) contract with at least 17.5 mil in guaranteed money. Does Sean Taylor have a right to be miffed? yes. Do the skins need to bump up ST before a holdout next season? yes. Is it early to talking about this sorta thing? never too early. Oh and just a reminder, Arch's contract was 7 year, 35 mil, 10 mil in bonuses. WHY ARE THE SKINS' ****ing around with Taylor and not giving him enough money to keep him in DC forever?!?!?!

Chill out dude. I would almost guarantee that he's getting a raise this offseason or at some point during the year. We've been re-signing a lot of our good talent as of lately, remember all the fuss about Cooley and then he got paid all of a sudden.

They know better than to try and let ST walk.

PS: Didn't we extend Sellers in the offseason this year? I can't remember.

As soon as BLloyd's contract is off the books (maybe after next season, [release this offseason, then take the hit next season]), expect to see a LARGE amount of money thrown at Sean Taylor, I mean RECORD money for a safety... No reason not to pay the most intimidating man in the NFL accordingly....:2cents:

Here, read this article on his contract:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38000-2004Aug3.html

Regardless of Taylor's decision, Mato and Moorad keep the maximum agents' fee of 3 percent for negotiating the deal on July 27. Taylor signed an incentive-laden six-year contract worth a maximum of $40 million, including a bonus of $13.045 million. The bonus, payable over three seasons, is a slight raise over that obtained by last year's No. 5 overall pick, Terence Newman.

Taylor can earn up to $9 million a season any season he is named to the Pro Bowl, which would make him the league's highest-paid safety. The contract is expected to last no more than four years. If Taylor flops, the deal is likely to be worth about $18 million.

Sean already made the Pro Bowl, so that 18 mill figure is already out the window, and that doesnt account for any of his other bonuses.

I'm 99% sure that the numbers you are quoting aren't quite right, or rather are misleading. His base numbers were low, but he had the ability to get those up to 40 million-ish if he hit certain benchmarks.

yup, youre on point:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2077537

still though, his contract is 2 years longer than landrys, and hes proven to be the biggest BAMF in the nfl...

Said before, will say again, to this point in the season, Taylor's the league's best defensive player. He's changing every game and you hardly ever hear his name. It's amazing what he's doing.

Yeah he is amazing. Besides his play he gives the Skins an intimidation factor, there is a reason teams always drop balls against us, just knowing he is out there somewhere helps.

There isn't a chance we don't resign him is there? A friend of mine who is a Dallas fan is predicting that we won't resign him and they will pick him up. No chance right??

I think we are gonna lose Taylor because he has already been in clashes with the Skins about money and didnt get a raise and on top of that the Skins bring in AA and make him the highest paid safety in NFL history. If I was ST agent anything less than what they gave AA is an insult.

I think we are gonna lose Taylor because he has already been in clashes with the Skins about money and didnt get a raise and on top of that the Skins bring in AA and make him the highest paid safety in NFL history. If I was ST agent anything less than what they gave AA is an insult.

That AA contract isn't actually all that big. Sean will have no problem getting a larger contract. Stop worrying.

Guest RideorDieChic

Is too early for this.

There is a time and place for everything...Although I agree that based on ST performance he should be one of the highest payed dbacks in the league today....yet, talking money now is just a distractor, not only for ST but for the defense and team as a whole.

Granted, NFL is a business. And unfavorably, during his original contract ST's agent failed him [not enough money for too many years]. This next go 'round with Rosenhaus [who] is depicted as a shrewd negotiator, he'll stay true to form and ST will get what is due to him.

Right now, let Taylor keep doing what he 'DO' - BALL!

The money will come...

Archived