Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Earnhardt, Jr. Gets a Redskins Score Update

CrazyZeb

with that said JGR really missed the boat not hiring JR. :point2sky

not really. JR screwed the pooch on that one by himself. JG doesnt want to hire somebody with Budweiser as his sponsor because of his Christian beliefs and JR didnt say he was dumping Bud until after he went to Hendrick.

I have been following the Earnhardts since birth and JR hasnt lived up to any expectations at all. I love JR and will always back him up, but the fact that he went to Hendricks over RCR and JGR just shows that he knows he needs all the help he can get in order to get a win.

:2cents:

not really. JR screwed the pooch on that one by himself. JG doesnt want to hire somebody with Budweiser as his sponsor because of his Christian beliefs and JR didnt say he was dumping Bud until after he went to Hendrick.

I have been following the Earnhardts since birth and JR hasnt lived up to any expectations at all. I love JR and will always back him up, but the fact that he went to Hendricks over RCR and JGR just shows that he knows he needs all the help he can get in order to get a win.

I think JR not going to JGR had alot to do with the rumors about the Toyota switch. With that being uncertain I don't think he wanted to go there.

Also who in NASCAR or any other form of racing does not want to be in the best equipment possible, with the largest budget available???

Jr gets updates all the time when he races, that wasn't a rare thing. If they're losing, the pitcrew doesn't tell him. Dale is hardcore when it comes to the Skins. heheh.. =)

There is a new movie out that I saw on CMT called Dale and they interviewed JR and the whole time he had on a skins t-shirt and burgundy pants. The dude is a huge Skins fan.

I think you are right about Toyota. The Earnhardts are Chevy men since the days of dirt.

Earnhardt is the most overrated driver in Nascar....by far. And he might be the 4th best driver at Hendrick next year. Don't know if any of you have been paying attention or not, but Casey Mears has been on a tear the last 10 races or so. He's gotten all the way up to 14th in the points.

Earnhardt is the most overrated driver in Nascar....by far. And he might be the 4th best driver at Hendrick next year. Don't know if any of you have been paying attention or not, but Casey Mears has been on a tear the last 10 races or so. He's gotten all the way up to 14th in the points.

It's hard to say how talented he really is. His exposure so far outweighs his accomplishment, I will give you that, but with the last name of Earnheardt there is not much to be done about that.

The next 2 season I believe will tell the tale of his talents. It's hard to really measure any of these guys if they are not in Hendrick or Rousch equipment. The cars play a huge role in NASCAR. If they don't have the speed and handling your driving talents at a lot of tracks don't mean squat.

So you could be right about him, but in about 2 years I think we'll know for sure.

It's hard to say how talented he really is. His exposure so far outweighs his accomplishment, I will give you that, but with the last name of Earnheardt there is not much to be done about that.

The next 2 season I believe will tell the tale of his talents. It's hard to really measure any of these guys if they are not in Hendrick or Rousch equipment. The cars play a huge role in NASCAR. If they don't have the speed and handling your driving talents at a lot of tracks don't mean squat.

So you could be right about him, but in about 2 years I think we'll know for sure.

exactly, and with my loyalty towards the Earnhardts (Kerry, Kelly and Dale) I am not ready to sign my favorite driver off just yet. But you are dead right; he has about 2 more years max to get with it.

and if he does get with it, casey mears wont be **** compared to him.

I have never been an Earnhardt fan and I certainly think he's over-hyped... but I would never hold that against him. It's not his fault. :whoknows:

All he can do is continue to compete and do his best, which he is.

Doesn't matter though, because Kenseth >>> Earnhardt :D

Jr. went to Hendrick because he's a chevy man... and he wasn't about to go to RCR and their inferior equipment. Anyone notice how Burton & Harvick have run this chase?

I believe JGR let it known to Earnhardt Jr. that they were switching to Toyota... told him upfront... and he simply made the decision to stay with Chevy and choose the best Chevy Team... Hendrick.

I agree with this. We will definitely see if the guy is the real deal or not. He will be getting the best equipment in the sport. And I can assure you he won't have to deal with six blown engines at Hendrick. He will have every opportunity there is to succeed there. And im sure if he struggles next year, there will be those E fans that will say,..."well, you know he isn't getting the same equipment as Gordon and Johnson". And to that I call BS. Again, just look at how well Mears had done this year. Especially in the 2nd half of the season. He's been very good. He's even won this year. Granted, it was on fuel mileage. But its still a win. Earnhardt, with all the hype, hasn't won in a very long time. But, I agree with your post. We will have to see how this plays out...

I wouldn't count on him automatically being the third good ole boy next year, he will be in a start up team of sorts. And I don't understand the "best equipment" argument. You can see that Mears has similar cars as the two good ole boys as he runs up there with them on the RP races. Its all Hendrick power. It's what the 24 and 48 share that make them a closer team. I think Jr will fit right in, but it won't be automatic next year.

Archived