Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was I hearing things or did Madden refer to Farve as "Tony Romo-ing"(merged)

NoCalMike

^^ Cuz he's a Cowgirl. Remember? America's Team?

People badwagon them, love them, and hate them... and all that means is ratings and a general interest. Obviously, the QB of that team is the front-runner for media attention and if he plays even remotely well this is what will happen. He will become anointed. And a HOF player like Brett Favre who has his play emulated by said QB will then be accused of emulating said QB himself.

It's just the nature of the Cowgirl franchise. It's why we are disgusted by them. It's why we call them the pukes. They are a franchise that has all the ugly characteristics of humanity rolled up in one smorgasbord of evil. Arrogance, flashiness, fame-seeking, corporate whorring, pendulum swinging attitudes, weak hearts... the list goes on and on.

They are the complete anti-thesis of Redskin football. Anything else?

I think he's just referring to Romo sits to pee's playmaking ability, mobility and the inevitable comparisons as a younger Favre. Favre is a walking legend. Everyone knows this.

well of course that is what Madden meant but he should have said Farve is playing like his younger self not Farve is doing Romo sits to pee-esque things on the field...

Well we all know Madden's love affair with Bret Farve, but I almost keeled over and convulsed when, Madden referred to Bret Farve's playmaking ability as "Tony Romo sits to pee-ing" Bret Farve is a Hall of Fame QB, a SB Winner, and he is "Tony Romo sits to pee-ing" out there....WTF?

I think Madden has found a new love interest.

Yeah total disgrace, can't compare him to old QBs he coached in Oakland? Give me a break, I used to like Madden, now I am ticked off at him. That is an insult to Brett Favre. Brett Favre will have more looks at INTs than Tony Romo sits to pee will have TDs

This just in: Madden is officially making his transition from the Farve's bandwagon to Romo sits to pee's jock. Calling Farve the old Tony Romo sits to pee is a total disgrace. Win a playoff game first please! Can't wait for the Skins to embarass Romo sits to pee on national tv.

Another side note.... why is it that when we blow the doors of an opponent we barely get any play on highlight shows? It's ridiculous. Watching prime time on ESPN and its been on for about 45 minutes and still no mention of the Skins vs. Detroit.

No he didn't.

They were talking about what Urlacher called Favre and Michaels brought it in.

WOW the more I read this thread the more this thread feels more and more like De Ja Vue from a game last year. hrms....

NBC FIre Madden and Michaels Hire, Heisman, and someone else with better commentary

Well I mean farve himself said he watched tape of Romo sits to pee and thought he was looking at himself.

I would say that is the best comparison in terms of similarity.

But to say Romo sits to pee is another Farve or has the status of farve is ridiculous.

I would say he plays similarily in a lot of ways.

But he is no where near what farve is in terms of accomplishment and longevity.

By the way your boy campbell was really good yesterday. your team could easily have been 4-0.

look forward to the match up in november.

i was looking to see how many games he started, he has started 16 games meaning he's been in for a full season

actually 17 counting playoffs

Actually, he hasn't started a full season. Starting a full season refers to starting the opening game AND the final game. He has yet to do that. When Campbell starts in Week 9 he will not have started for a full season.

tony has 3 interceptions this year. i dont follow you.

but anyway campbell looked really good yesterday. I think the redskins have a good quarterback there now. They will be a really good team for a while if he continues that play.

Well we all know Madden's love affair with Bret Farve, but I almost keeled over and convulsed when, Madden referred to Bret Farve's playmaking ability as "Tony Romo sits to pee-ing" Bret Farve is a Hall of Fame QB, a SB Winner, and he is "Tony Romo sits to pee-ing" out there....WTF?

I think Madden has found a new love interest.

Its real simple, the nfl needs a Brett Favre replacement and right now the obvious choice is Romo sits to pee.

Lets see what Madden says about Romo sits to pee at the end of the season when he has a chance to face a real D in the Redskins.

I've said it for many years. It's pretty sad when a former HOF coach from the Oakland Raiders has so much man-love for another franchise. Madden is such a Dallass lover, it's not funny. Every since the early 90's, he has rode the big fat asses of the Dallass O-linemen and the rest of their franchise. Sad. Could you imagine when Gibbs retired the first time, becoming a Steelers bandwagon fan? He turned down being the coach of both Carolina and Atlanta in his retirement.

Archived