Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Direct snaps to Portis

Mizzles

This is the first I've seen a direct snap to Portis, have we done this before? I have to go back and look, but where was Campbell on those plays? Off to the side?

The only one that worked well was the one where he grabbed onto Seller's jersey and ran ~10 yards. The first (fumble) was almost a disaster.

What do you think about this play?

i dont like the play where he was the actual qb and lined up under center. I rather have both Campbell and CP in the backfield and the direct snap to him

The first of the direct snaps was of this sort. CP lined up to the right of JC, and the snap was intended for Portis, but obviously something went wrong here. The direct snap to Portis when he lines up behind center in the shotgun position is much safer, but I'd like to see how the former works out if we can make it work without fumbling.

That was also a direct snap to Portis. Wasn't the best snap and on top of that.. CP wasn't ready for it.

On Redskins radio after the game, one of the commentators said they spoke with Rabach and Rabach said the snap was intended for Campbell, he just messed it up and took blame for it. So it was supposed to be a normal play, not a direct snap to Clinton.

On Redskins radio after the game' date=' one of the commentators said they spoke with Rabach and Rabach said the snap was intended for Campbell, he just messed it up and took blame for it. So it was supposed to be a normal play, not a direct snap to Clinton.[/quote']

Thats what I heard also.... The snap just got away from Rabach.

I think there where two more direct snaps after the one that was messed up! I swear I heard them say 3 direct snaps but I remeber seeing two!

Mix it up a little, keeps defenses confusing.

Now I want to see clinton do good against patriots!

Pretty good calls. If you noticed though, no one covered Campbell when he motioned wide. They need to have a play designed to where portis throws to Campbell or something. Or even better, line Randel El up at QB on some plays like Pitt used to do with him. You could run the option or have Randel El throw it.

i dont like the play where he was the actual qb and lined up under center. I rather have both Campbell and CP in the backfield and the direct snap to him

this play where he lined up as a center was the most productive of the direct snap plays. So I am all for that, however it will never work again.

I liked it alot, reminds me of Mcfadden. I think it is going to set up a Portis TD pass. Run it 2-3 times a game and one of them is a pass, gonna be money

my thoughts exactly....

todays offensive playcalling was the best ive seen in a while. it was a good mix of plays to a bunch of people. the defense didnt know who to focus on

Archived