Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calvin Johnson is expected to play against Washington

Combatant

Calvin Johnson (back) is expected to play against Washington despite being limited in practice all week.

Johnson is officially listed as questionable, but said of his bruised back Friday: "It's feeling pretty good." With as well as Washington's secondary has played of late and because he didn't put in a full practice all week, the No. 2 overall pick is a riskier start than usual. He may be on a limited snap count.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=100596&id=4153

I haven't seen enough of this kid yet, but the more weapons they have the more I am scared of our secondary getting burnt. We haven't given up too many, if any, big plays through the air all year and hopefully we can continue that trend this week. HTTR!!!

Of course he is. People have been getting out of their deathbeds and playing well against us forever, it seems. It's gotten to the point I don't listen to the other team's injury reports any more. Part of the price we're still paying for the deal JKC made with the devil back in 1981.

Of course he is. People have been getting out of their deathbeds and playing well against us forever,

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Nobody that has a 50% chance or lower of missing the game EVER misses a game against us. When someone has a 85%-60% to miss the game against us they almost always play.

It seems opposite for us though.

It doesn't bother me that Johnson is playing. We need to be tested. Hopefully our defense steps up and shows us they can play at a high level consistently.

Our offense is the difference maker in this game.

A lot of people are really concerned that Moss might be out for this game, but Philly kicked the crap out of this team with a whole cast of no name receivers. Preferably I would like to Moss to play, but don't think it's a make or break type of thing.

Of course he is. People have been getting out of their deathbeds and playing well against us forever, it seems. It's gotten to the point I don't listen to the other team's injury reports any more. Part of the price we're still paying for the deal JKC made with the devil back in 1981.

Now I am worried, you are always positive... I just hope Carlos leaves his toaster at home, its going to be a long day for our secondary.

A lot of people are really concerned that Moss might be out for this game, but Philly kicked the crap out of this team with a whole cast of no name receivers. Preferably I would like to Moss to play, but don't think it's a make or break type of thing.

I remember hearing the same stuff last year going into the second dallas game. We won that game. Plus our defense is better than last year and so is our QB. We got a chance.

I'm not afraid of giving up the big plays because I know Taylor will be out 25 yards deep practically the whole game. What I am afraid of is giving up the 12 yard 3rd downs...repeatedly.

I'm thinking/hoping that GW will have the CBs jamming the WRs near the LOS like we did during the Iggles game. It worked well there. None of that cover 2 crap that seems to always get us killed with the 10-15 yard passes to the middle. Force them to either dump it off for short yards or go deeper and take their chances on a decapitation by ST. Cover 3 could work though. Let the CBs have a cushion where the outside LBs help them with short yardage passes and the CB is more responsible past 10 or 15 yards to prevent deep plays.

The only way we win is if we get some damn corner help. Guess what Gregg this game you're playing against a bunch of talented WR's just like against the Giants. So what you need to do is get pressure on Kitna, make him throw the pick because he will and play right on top of the receivers because letting CJ or Roy get huge cushions is not good. CJ at GT was a beast and I know that the only way teams stopped him was by stopping Reggie Ball.

good, he will beat down just like the rest of their WRs and RBs. im tired of all this "its going to be a long day for our secondary". the hell with that mentallity. its going to be a long day for those fools when calvin gets broken in half and we run up and down the field on their sorry asses.

the beating starts tomorrow at 1pm. detroit, bring a book because it isnt going to be pretty to watch.

good, he will beat down just like the rest of their WRs and RBs. im tired of all this "its going to be a long day for our secondary". the hell with that mentallity. its going to be a long day for those fools when calvin gets broken in half and we run up and down the field on their sorry asses.

the beating starts tomorrow at 1pm. detroit, bring a book because it isnt going to be pretty to watch.

You need to be a motivational speaker, LET'S KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!

I think out of all the match-ups, this is the one that concerns me the most. In the past we've dealt with receivers like like Randy Moss, and I think GW will somehow shut Johnson and Williams down.

It would've been amazing if we drafted this guy, atleast if we had the chance. But damn I'd hate to miss out on a guy like Landry.

Calvin's back didn't feel good enough to play against the Bears, but it feels a whole lot better with the Redskins' secondary coming up.

C.J.'s no dummy. That's for sure.:D

What does that mean? I'd think he'd rather play against the Bears beat up secondary, rather than our healthy one.

Jason

What does that mean? I'd think he'd rather play against the Bears beat up secondary, rather than our healthy one.

Jason

No doubt. That was a good chance for him there if that was the case. All four starters for the defensive backfield were out for Chicago I believe. I would think that would be a lot more fun than facing Area 51 and the gang. Could be wrong though.

Archived