Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else get scared --Gibbs "mad" interview (mod edited title)

G-Prime

I had to crack up at the comment that the Redskins "bought" those 3 Superbowls.... The poster apparently knows nothing of history and how the NFC East was STACKED that year.... Does anyone remember that not once, but TWICE, the Joe Gibbs Redskins went 10-6 for the season and missed the playoffs because we were THIRD in our division?!?!?

And as someone else pointed out, we're missing one whole side of our O-line, we have a young & inexperienced QB, we have banged up playmakers, but we're still 2-1.

Sheesh!

BTW....

Did I ever tell you guys I used to have a pet Black Widow spider? Named her "Bloodrop".....

19582.jpg

That's not actually her, though

And I hate spiders almost as much as the rest of you. My wife teases the hell out of me because I'm such a baby around them!

Ya know........cows have horns too.

:laugh: :laugh: :silly::D:D

Well, yeh, that too! :laugh: :laugh:

I have to admit, that interview got me pumped up. That's the Joe Gibbs I've been waiting to see. I have a feeling that this Sunday is going to put a HUGE smile on everyone's face. :point2sky

Gibbs ranting now is the sympton of a desparate man no longer in control of events. Scary.

Why do you think that? Maybe it's the symptom of a man who wants to win. I recall interviews he had during his first tenure. I also recall wins following those interviews.

He's a passionate man who likes to compete. And he's tired of all the poor execution and I'm sure he kicks himself every day for his screw ups as well.

I really hope we wipe the floor with the Lions so you guys will quit being so down about the team!

When Coach Joe first became coach here in Washington back in the 80s did you all sit around and talk about all of his past accomplishments? I don't think so, because there weren't any. I think we should treat Coach Joe the same way as when he first came to Washington, unproven. I commend him for all of his past accomplishments, his HoF induction, but I am not going to sit around and point to that when this team isn't producing NOW. It's like thats the excuse for poor play nowadays. It completely boggles my mind. I am not saying that the game has passed him by, but what I am saying is he needs to figure out why we can't win football games.

I was born in 82, so my memory of Gibbs past is very minimal. The only Gibbs I really know is the one coaching NOW, not back in the 80s and early 90s. I am sure I speak for a bunch of the younger crowd with that statement. I also think that by bringing up the past Super Bowl victories and such makes the younger crowd expect a little bit more of Coach Joe and the entire team.

To respond to the post, I do sense in Coach Joe's voice that he is not very confident in this team winning on Sunday. He seemed very agitated, maybe it was how the team was practicing and preparing for the game, who knows. If my coach is showing that he's not confident then why should I be confident...so I'm thinking we don't win this game.

You, sir, are wrong. The TEAM cost us a loss. If or when you play football, please keep that in mind when you're opening that pie-hole of yours and blaming everyone but yourself.

Many keep saying this and to SOME degree it is true, however one might think that if we toss Hail Mary's every play it would not be the coaches fault since the players did not perform the play correctly.

There is something to be said about calling the right play at the right time.

PS: BOSS="Very Cool!",for you old people who won't speak to the younger crowd on ES :rolleyes:

Interesting to see that the connotation of "boss" hasn't changed since I was in high school.

How about "phat", does it still mean "hot"?

I liked how he got a bit heated but I think people are making a little more out of it than it was. I would have liked him to have focused his anger a little more towards the players' recent performance and not what the media was making out of his run/pass ratio or the lions' all-time record. But I'll take what I can get, and I'm glad he's a bit fired up.

Think about it though, Gibbs doesn't like to show that kinda stuff to the media. If he was that angry to the media, imagine what he'd of been like behind closed doors.

Its about effing time we go into a game without saying:

"Yeah Portis is likely not going to play even thuogh hes questionable. If Moss doesnt play, Lloyd has looked real good in practice, we'll probably line him up on the edge, and have Thrash play in the slot. Yeah JC looks good we've been working on his touch passes for the short game to Cooley, we are looking to get him more involved in this offense"

F talking about the gameplan. F telling the media who is stepping up in practice. None of their damn business. Let the Lions gameplan for Moss and have Lloyd in there. Let them gameplan for McCardell and put Moss in. Let them think Moss is barely able to walk, list him as doubtful, and throw him in healthy.

It has always bothered me how honest our coaches are...its about damn time we play dumb and stop giving away every little bit of news and information after each practice.

I was excited to see Coach Joe Gibbs show that emotion on camera. Usually he maintains pretty good when the media ask him asinine questions, but being that it looked to be the team JUST completed the last practice before game day, Gibbs could have still been riled up... I ont know bout yall but I loved it!

Many keep saying this and to SOME degree it is true, however one might think that if we toss Hail Mary's every play it would not be the coaches fault since the players did not perform the play correctly.

There is something to be said about calling the right play at the right time.

dropped balls, fumbles, not following the designed play behind the blocker = failed execution. The coaches made bad calls and I have mentioned that. That's why I said it was a failure all the way around. TEAM. Get it?

I'm tired of the ( 6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.) Gibbs has only had one bad season since he came back and thats because he was trying to build a football team for the long term, any moron should have realized you don't just stick Al Saunders in a system and get great results in six weeks. He stuck in Saunders for the long term, so if/when Gibbs leaves it won't be a complete departure like it was last time.

Gibbs did what so many of you have been complaining about we took a step back last year so we could move forward in future years. Look at our record we're still winning, the next person to put "Gibbs should retire" should get some sense smacked back in them. For the first time in a decade we have looked like a football team for more than one year.

If your so sick of Gibbs go root for a different team, hey I hear the Chargers are supposed to be hot in 07, go root for them.

</rant>

We didn't beat the Eagles. Andy Reid beat the Eagles. We are really a 1-2 team, with our sole win coming against the powerful Dolphins, at home, in overtime, by a field goal.

:doh:

And we could have easily lost the Dolphins game. Who on Gods green earth kicks a 39 yard field goal on first down? A scared coach, thats who!

But who cares?

Listen. The folks who refuse to acknowledge Joe Gibbs coaches scared and lacks confidence in his guys are the same folks who will forever live off of the Superbowls of 25, 20 and 15 years past. These people are incapable of unbiased observation. :rolleyes:

But you never know! There may still be hope for these sad people. After all, I was one of the biggest Joe Gibbs homers on this board, and I have seen the light.

Archived