Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs & Keenan McCardell's Comments

DMBAdict04

Do McCardell's comments on Coach Gibbs in the most recent locker room video (on the main page) put any skepticism of yours to rest that surrounds Gibbs as of late?

Discuss.

Personally, this is a confidence booster for me coming from a player that was there to witness his coaching/attitude during a super bowl winning season. I was also happy to see an angry side of Gibbs emerge in his interview today, I think hes still got it.

HTTR!

Edit:McCardell responded to a question based on him knowing the Joe GIbbs of old and of new...He said that Gibbs hasn't changed and that he has always believed in hard work.

Guest ComebackKing
It's amazing to think that we have a member of the 1991 Redskins team back again. That was a loooong time ago....
Wow I didn't know he was on the Skins in 1991! Amazing!

i think joe got on extremeskins..... saw what a bunch of morons were saying about him, and is now fired up

it was good to hear McC say nothing has changed.... hopefully all the Gibbs haters will now:stfu:

one can hope but it will never happen. there are always haters, even on Gibbs.

keenan is a locker room guy and wouldnt say somthing negative at this point in his career

i agree hes a lockroom guy, but saying that gibbs isnt the exact same is not saying something negative. if he thought there was a difference, he easily could have voiced it without being crucified

i think joe got on extremeskins..... saw what a bunch of morons were saying about him, and is now fired up

it was good to hear McC say nothing has changed.... hopefully all the Gibbs haters will now:stfu:

If those "morons" got him fired up for once, i think they'd be a hell of a lot more valuable than the status quo crowd.

It's amazing to think that we have a member of the 1991 Redskins team back again. That was a loooong time ago....

Yeah, that was a long time ago. You were just a one year old...I was about 25 years old.

McCardell does add veteran leadership to the WR position, and can possibly still contribute to the team, as a possessive receiver.

If those "morons" got him fired up for once, i think they'd be a hell of a lot more valuable than the status quo crowd.

:applause:

I doubt that Gibbs has gotten on here, but Im sure he's caught wind somehow or another that there are many fans who are beginning to think he's gutless. Its been all over talk radio the past two weeks, not to mention he hears it directly from the media.

In any case, its about time he shows some emotion. It actually put a smile on my face watching that short media session on Redskins.com. Its been a long time since Ive seen him that fired up.

I was about to post a thread about that session, I think if more people check it out, it will get a lot more people talking.

Now if he can only coach with that fire, we'll be alright! Go get 'em Joe, make a liar out of me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm with you, ReneadeTK!

HTTR!

:cheers:

Couple questions there.

First, because a player says something, are we to believe that that ends all discussion and that wins now mean nothing? Because thats whats implied. If the season ends 2-14 but McC says that nothing has changed, is that a good thing? Has the NFL changed? Certainly. So is not changing actually a good thing?

Second, do you really believe McCardell is qualified to speak on the subject? He was drafted in the 12th round, spent the season on IR, and the very next season was on another football team. Does McCardell actually have a clue what Joe Gibbs was like as a coach? How much practice does a player get who was so injured he spent the season on IR, and didnt get to play at anypoint after recovering to the point he COULD play? How is he a reliable source?

I suppose I fit into your "Gibbs hater" category, or at least your definition of it. Truth is I never have said that I hated Gibbs. In fact I have always said that I admire him for all he has accomlished over the years.

I just have one question for you, are you Dubya?? Seeing only those with you and those against you?? Besides that, McCardell with all due respect has not been here the whole time the last 4 years either. I don't think that qualifies him respectfully to make a credible evaluation of Joe Gibbs on game day.

Would love nothing better than to be wrong here. But until we start winning with confidence and playing in a steady rythm than I will stand fast with my perception that we play too conservatively and scared period.

I have to say that I just watched the Gibbs interview from the 5th. Haven't seen him get that fired up especially when asked about the 70% run question. My theory on that is that the truth hurts and he is showing that he is defensive. I heard him say that Brandon Lloyd took the whole practice yesterday. Will this mean that he will finally get a chance to show he is not a bust??

Archived