Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember Westbrook and Gardner????

dposton

Given our current state of affairs at WR and remembering the disdain that Redskins fans had for both of these receivers, would any of us be satified with these two as our number 2 and 3 receivers now? Saying yes does not exclude ARE from the role of 2 or 3. So I guess a better question would be, would you still have them on the roster?

Just finished viewing B Lloyd's web site. If his work with children is sincere and any indication of who he really is, I cannot help but to root for him to have a breakout year. Do you think he may be a Keyshawn Johnson type of receiver, where the qb will never see a great deal of separation, but must trust the receiver to get proper body position and throw the ball anyway?

I am baffled by Lloyd as I am sure all of you are. Can there be such a difference in who he presents to be as a person and his work ethic?

Eventually we found out that as gifted as Westbrook was, he just did not want to play professional football. Could the same be said for B. LLoyd

Alot of NFL players help with charities for kids. It makes them look good, it doesn't neccesarily mean they care. I am not saying that Lloyd doesn't care, but you can't say that because of that he has a good attitude as a player. So much stuff goes into being a good wideout, Lloyd just isn't making it.

From all his interviews, Lloyd seems like a real standup guy. At an interview during preseason he seemed excited to be a redskin and defended jason campbell for him never getting the ball when they were in the game together. and we all know he does have work ethic because of his offseason determination

I am one of the few guys on here rooting for him to get on the field, and get things going.

ps.... remember that falling back OT touchdown westbrook had against the cards...

I must confess I'm still a sucker for Westbrook. The guy had ALL the talent in the world. He had all of T.O.'s physical attributes. I wonder if he was doomed from the get go, or if a better coach/environment could have turned him into a Pro Bowler.

Man, I used to sit and marvel at his moves after he caught the ball and could only imagine what would happen if he had Art Monk's consistency with his talent and speed. TO and Randy Moss would have been afterthoughts. O well, for what could have been. I think that if Charley Taylor was still the WR coach that Westbrook would have been better. I don't know why Norv let him go. I think Terry Robiske was the WR coach at the time and I always used to wonder why? He did not seem to develop any top flight WR.

In another post, a ES'er asked was it possibly Norv. Well, we all know Norv is not a Head Coach, but he does do well as OC. Maybe the problem is that when he gets to choose his position coaches, he does a poor job. See Washington, Oakland, San Diego.

Two reasons why Gibbs not so high on the draft. Even though he did not drafted those guys he saw what happen to them. Desomd Howard was also a flop in D.C.. He turn out to be a glorified punt returner at best in hi career.

a great punt returner is well worth a high draft pick.... just ask chicago

Two reasons why Gibbs not so high on the draft. Even though he did not drafted those guys he saw what happen to them. Desomd Howard was also a flop in D.C.. He turn out to be a glorified punt returner at best in hi career.

Stupid me. At the time we traded for Santana Moss I was openly fearing Desmond II. Glad that was wrong. Probably all the build-up about how much Snyder had been infatuated with SMoss and had wanted to draft him (in the draft 2001, one pick after Gardner).

Westbrook and Gardner were okay. Not great though. Westbrook could have been just as good as Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin. By the time his contract was up, he didn't have any pro bowl visits at all and only one 1,000 yard season(1999). And being injured every year didn't help his cause.

Rod Gardner was good. He just couldn't catch the ball sometimes. He had an unbelieveable game against Dallas on Monday niight in 2004. Remember the Carolina game in 2001 when he caught that long bomb from Tony Banks?

Gardner or Westbrook wouldn't fit in the scheme of things.

Westbrook had 2 problems:

1) He wasn't very motivated after being overated coming out of college. I wanted JJ Stokes and not Westbrook. Stokes sucked also, but I think he had too much competition in SF with Rice and TO.

2) Westbrook's knees failed him. Seemed like he was a knee injury away from going to the next level.

To add: I wanted us to take Trent Dilfer and not Shuler. I thought Dilfer had the passing skills coming out of a high powered Fresno State offense and Shuler ran more of the Option offense in college.

I know Dilfer has had a below average career, but he was doomed from the start in TB and has turned into a career backup. I think he would've been a better fit for the Norv/Aikman type offense then Shuler.

We essentially have a very good No. 2 and No. 3 but no true No. 1... Moss is very dynamic and great after the catch but he just isn’t consistent enough to to be a No. 1... Its a shame we haven’t found that and its been our biggest need for sometime now.

Archived