Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Detroit Free Press: Pizza Hut challenges Williams to make up for tipping transgressio

RIDETHEWALRUS

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071004/SPORTS01/71004084/1048/SPORTS&&imw=Y

Dear Roy,

We heard that you haven’t been tipping pizza delivery drivers, but recently chatted with one of our drivers and decided you need to start tipping. When a Pizza Hut pizza arrives hot and fresh, it’s easy to be distracted by all the deliciousness you’re about to enjoy, and our drivers certainly appreciate you taking the time to tip.

But what about all the drivers who missed being tipped in the past?

We’d like to issue you a challenge. Agree to work as a delivery driver for Pizza Hut for just one day in Detroit, and we’ll forgive all your previous tipping transgressions.

Furthermore, we’ll collect all the tips you receive and donate them to the World Food Programme as part of our World Hunger Relief Week, which is kicking-off October 14.

So, Roy, what do you say? There are a lot of hungry fans out there waiting.

Sincerely,

Scott Bergren

President, Pizza Hut

Thoght you guys might want a slice of info on our opponent.

You know it never ceases to amaze that people who have more money than they know what to do with fail to tip and try and skate. To me it is almost as bad as when millionaires and multimillionaires get free dinner somewhere. What you don't have enough money to pay for dinner?

You never know though, perhaps the delivery drivers didn't deserve a tip. What if they took longer than 30 minutes (regardless if most of it was getting up that rich s.o.b.'s driveway).

Considering a Pizza oven takes roughly 12 minutes to cook a pizza, to expect your pizza in 30 minutes is stupid.

Dear Pizza Hut,

I would tip except it offends my senses as a cheap ****. You see, as a cheap ****, I could care less about the peasants who deliver my pizza. If they make a dollar an hour plus tips, is that my problem as a world class athlete? They should've been like me, but instead they deliver pizza and should feel thankful that I am polite to them. Basically, f*%$ the working man; I am Roy Williams - douchebag extraordinare. Thank you for respecting my religious views as a cheap **** and douchebag.

Classless as always,

Roy Williams

this reminds me of a few years ago when some piece of space junk was gonna fall in the ocean. taco bell put this huge bullseye in the middle of the ocean and if it hit it, they were gonna give everyone in america a free taco. of course it did not happen, the odds were like infinity to one of it actually happening...the same odds roy williams actually does this, hahah.

Im suprised Pizza Hut is even willing to do this, considering the Detroit Metro area is the home of Little Ceaser's and Dominios......Both of those chains basically own the delivery market in Michigan...and while there are Pizza Hut's up there they are not as visible as the others...

opportunity to strike your enemies down in their heartland... don't you think that would be a motivation for this offer/challenge?

You never know though, perhaps the delivery drivers didn't deserve a tip. What if they took longer than 30 minutes (regardless if most of it was getting up that rich s.o.b.'s driveway).

there is no excuse for not tipping atleast $2 or $3 reguardless of how long it took

Pizza Hut has some smart PR people. Even if he declines, they got their name out there and plugged their charity promotion.

That is a shrewd PR move. It reminds me of one made by its rival, Domino's. When the Redskins advanced to the NFC Championship Game in '87, they got home-field advantage for it by virtue of the 49ers getting upset by Minnesota. At that time, Domino's wasn't as well known and was just getting started. The morning after the Skins beat the Bears, RFK sold some 3,500 tickets to that Sunday's Championship Game with the Vikings. While people -- including yours truly were standing out in the cold, some 10 Domino's drivers came out, armed with pizzas and sold them up and down the line waiting outside RFK. Now that's getting your name out!

Dear Pizza Hut,

I would tip except it offends my senses as a cheap ****. You see, as a cheap ****, I could care less about the peasants who deliver my pizza. If they make a dollar an hour plus tips, is that my problem as a world class athlete? They should've been like me, but instead they deliver pizza and should feel thankful that I am polite to them. Basically, f*%$ the working man; I am Roy Williams - douchebag extraordinare. Thank you for respecting my religious views as a cheap **** and douchebag.

Classless as always,

Roy Williams

:notworthy :rotflmao:

Considering a Pizza oven takes roughly 12 minutes to cook a pizza, to expect your pizza in 30 minutes is stupid.

Are you really 31? If so are you friggin senile??? It hasn't been but 5 years that pizza joints were promising delivery in 30 minutes or less or your pizza is free. Hell here in Austin there is a pizza joint that guarantees your pie will be ready for pick-up in 10 minutes or its free. For that matter, sadly having worked in a little caesar's for a the better part of a year I can tell you it only requires 6 minutes in the oven.

Archived