Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs on Moss - any good?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

2004 - Last game of the season versus Minnesota...We won that game...Randy Moss was manhandled by the Washington Redskins defense. Sean Taylor made weary.

2005 - Mid season AFC game versus the Raiders...We lost that game ... actually that was a time where we lost three games in a row. Nonetheless Randy Moss was mandhandled by the Washington Redskins defense. Sean Taylor makes him weary again.

Terrell Owens when with Dallas & Philadelphia has NEVER had a strong game versus the Redskins defense. Terry Glenn was the main threat with the passing game

Steve Smith NEVER had a strong game versus the Redskins defense.

Just some supporting evidence to let you all know that we will shut Moss down...Stallworth and/or Welker may be a #1 option but Moss will not... I truly believe that... I figure by then Smoot, Springs, & Rogers will all be in a groove to lock down all three of New England's receiving options.

:applause:

Moss wasn't really that effective against us with the Raiders in 2005...of course he was on the Raiders, not the Patriots, and he had Kerry Collins throwing the ball, not one of the greatest of all time, we had a lot more sturdy defense then, and, oh yeah, we still lost the game....hmmm....I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we are screwed.

I was thinking the same thing. Even though the title's not clear I think I know what's being asked.

I think that we should put Sean Taylor on Moss. Does anybody else remember the Minnesota game a few years ago when Taylor was covering Moss. ST looked pretty good.

I thought that was Garnell Wilds.

I don't know. I remember a couple of years ago, we shut Moss down in the last game of the season and he left the field early because he was sulking. Who was covering him then? I think it was Springs. Too bad Springs has lost a step and Moss has not.

It ain't about Moss...its about Brady! Moss has never had a Brady throwing to him.

Ok, then, Tom Brady has never had a good (real) game against us.

The Skins match up well with Randy Moss (and TO) for some reason....

SeanTaylor1.jpg

I'd be surprised with they have a big game against us.

its all going to come down to our pass rush guys, no other factor then that will decide the game. Like another poster has mentioned, we have games before then to worry about. This week vs the Lions will allow us to somewhat judge against a very good offense (granted, it isnt as consistent but it can be VERY explosive).

I say we use Landry in some bump coverage to be able to blitz him on some 3rd down plays.. Brady gets one good lick from Landry off the side and the game will definitely have another "dimension"... Except for it will be against NE and not the D...

Were going to win this one guys, just know it!!!

Can we just worry about stopping the Lions, the Packers, and the Cardinals before we start thinking about how to stop a single player four weeks from now?

I have full faith in the Washington Redskins to be totally focused on stopping the Lions this week, and only the Lions. Meanwhile, I as only a Redskin fan can ponder how the Redskins will stop Randy Moss....the second time....in the Super Bowl.....since the Giants and Patriots will account for our only two losses of the season....if I dare choose.

But in your defense I am counting on the Redskins team on being focused and not the dreamy homer I am.

2004 - Last game of the season versus Minnesota...We won that game...Randy Moss was manhandled by the Washington Redskins defense. Sean Taylor made weary.

2005 - Mid season AFC game versus the Raiders...We lost that game ... actually that was a time where we lost three games in a row. Nonetheless Randy Moss was mandhandled by the Washington Redskins defense. Sean Taylor makes him weary again.

Terrell Owens when with Dallas & Philadelphia has NEVER had a strong game versus the Redskins defense. Terry Glenn was the main threat with the passing game

Steve Smith NEVER had a strong game versus the Redskins defense.

Just some supporting evidence to let you all know that we will shut Moss down...Stallworth and/or Welker may be a #1 option but Moss will not... I truly believe that... I figure by then Smoot, Springs, & Rogers will all be in a groove to lock down all three of New England's receiving options.

I agree up untill you say we will shut Moss down. I believe we will severly limit him, and I don't see him putting up the numbers against us he has so far this season. Randy Moss can be covered, it's just a very difficult matchup due to his size and speed. Sean Taylor is actually a great matchup because he can defend his size/leaping ability and still has the straight ahead speed of Moss. My personal game plan would be Carlos bumping and running with safety help from ST.

It's likely Welker/Stallworth will have much bigger games than Moss, but neither of them have had the nose for the endzone that Moss has so far.

It ain't about Moss...its about Brady! Moss has never had a Brady throwing to him.

You realize that Daunte nearly won league MVP throwing to Moss a few years back? Pre-injury Daunte was VERY good.

Archived