Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC - Things That Make You Go Hmmm... (B. Lloyd is a bum)

SantanaClaus89

I have to take JLC's stuff regarding Lloyd with a grain of salt. He obviously has a personal issue with Lloyd and you can see it in all of his blog posts concerning "The Receiver" That being said hopefully Lloyd will become a contributor sometime this season, if not hopefully for him he finds a better fit for his skills next season. This was just another situation like Archuleta and Duckett and guys like JLC will harp on those three moves forever regarding how bad that offseason was without mentioning how well Randle El, Carter, and Mcintosh have come on this season.

And for those few stupid things we've done, we've done 10 other things right.

It's a shame most of us here WANTED Lloyd to suck so that way their negative monstrosity of a mind could be well-fed and kept alive.

that pick we "wasted" for a RB I would have done if I was the coach or GM too. - BOTH of your RB's are hurt a week and half before the season opener. Do I hope one of them gets better and can stay healthy all year (one of which has never done to this point [betts]) or do I do something now while I have the chance?

I have to take JLC's stuff regarding Lloyd with a grain of salt. He obviously has a personal issue with Lloyd and you can see it in all of his blog posts concerning "The Receiver" That being said hopefully Lloyd will become a contributor sometime this season, if not hopefully for him he finds a better fit for his skills next season. This was just another situation like Archuleta and Duckett and guys like JLC will harp on those three moves forever regarding how bad that offseason was without mentioning how well Randle El, Carter, and Mcintosh have come on this season.

Lloyd doesn't suck he only gets bad press? :doh:

The quote below was from the JLC blog discussing about the BLloyd's absence from practice.

I found it funny and decided to share it with you guys and what do you think BLloyd's album will called?

"I used to love the B.A.L.L."

Everyone needs to lighten up on The Receiver. He had to hurry and leave practice to get the record studio and record another album. This one will be titled: Forget TDs,I make CDs!!!

Posted by: CliveDavis | October 2, 2007 12:28 PM

I cannot defend this guy anymore. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but now I cannot. He's pretty useless and it's too bad we not only gave him a solid sized extension, but also used a 3rd and 4th rounder on him. I just wonder if we could have drafted some hungry receiver in 2006 or 2007 that would have contributed more.

Well, remember what he said when he first got here. A reporter asked him why he didn't get along with some of the veterans in the Frisco locker room and he responded that "they weren't feelin'" him. I guess that's the case here. We're just not "feelin'" him.

As much as we are all disappointed with BLloyd, shouldn't bashing our players be left to opposing team fans?

Seriously? Shouldn't we always be rooting for our guys, no matter how poorly they play? Shouldn't we always WANT them to be good? Isn't that what we want? For our team to have the best players? Why bash him? What for? We're all disappointed, but stop the friggin bashing damnit!

A couple of years ago there was some spirited debate about whether the Skins should sign WR Joe Jurevicius as a free agent. His supporters said he was "a Gibbs guy," a "character guy" and "a big target."

His detracters said he was injury prone, old, etc.

Sure would have been nice if we went this route instead of the Lloyd route. Sure, Jurevicius went to Cleveland in part to play for his hometown team, but if we had offered him anything close to what we gave B. Lloyd, I think it's safe to say Jurevicius would have been a Skin. Here are some threads.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130951&page=1&highlight=jurevicius

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93392&highlight=jurevicius

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96711&highlight=jurevicius

Oh, and before anyone calls me a Johnny-Come-Lately, I posted a pro-Jurevicius comment on page 2 of the following thread back in Jan. '06...

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140613&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Jurevicius

As much as we are all disappointed with BLloyd, shouldn't bashing our players be left to opposing team fans?

Seriously? Shouldn't we always be rooting for our guys, no matter how poorly they play? Shouldn't we always WANT them to be good? Isn't that what we want? For our team to have the best players? Why bash him? What for? We're all disappointed, but stop the friggin bashing damnit!

Call me childish if you will, but I do not make 10 million dollars a year so I'm a little jealous.

:silly:

:rotflmao:

We're all rooting for them as long as they wear the colors, but we do have the right to bash. I'll go one step further, ONLY we have the right to bash them. Whenever opposing fans do it we should defend them whenever possible. It's like your family, you can talk about your mom, but no one else can. Mr. Lloyd, however, I am afraid is indefensible.

Man I wouldn't mind a shot at the position if B. Lloyd is going to continue to collect that ridiculous SB for the rest of his time here and beyond. Cerrato and the front office continue to show there genious!
This situation keeps getting worse and worse...

wasted a draft pick on a wortless RB last year..

wasted two draft picks on a wortless WR two years ago..

we have a super smart FO...

It must be so great to be super-smart hindsight GM's. Good lck with those careers, they pay so much.:doh:

B. Lloyd, for one, has earned it.

Llyod is done. Unlike many who leave our team to become somone after sucking for us, Llyod will continue to suck until everyone has given up on him.

...Unless he grows up first. In fact, the only place he could be successful is in Oakland, since they seem to have a way with self-centered, non-team oriented players--and that's only if they want to put up with his attitude.:2cents:

:rotflmao:

We're all rooting for them as long as they wear the colors, but we do have the right to bash. I'll go one step further, ONLY we have the right to bash them. Whenever opposing fans do it we should defend them whenever possible. It's like your family, you can talk about your mom, but no one else can. Mr. Lloyd, however, I am afraid is indefensible.

:applause: Amen. I've always found that Skins fans are pretty fair about these things. We will root for someone who is really trying, even if they're not having great success. But if you don't even try, then you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

I have a question.....

How was he in camp this yr? (I didn't attend any this yr, I did catch a few practices last yr.)

There are a lot of us beating him up, but i'm wondering how he performed in camp. Was he pouting??? Half-way running routes? dropping passes?

I guess my biggest question is... do/ did we throw him the ball?

CP (and any other competitor for that matter) is ok with not running all of the time for now... but TRUST that will change if he NEVER a shot.

Archived