Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Re-injured

argentina_redskins

The knee tendinitis in Clinton Portis' knee has resurfaced.

The Redskins say the injury is minor, but tendinitis forced Portis to miss all of training camp, so it's a major concern. Portis didn't work as the Redskins broke for post-bye week practice Monday. If Portis is to miss Sunday's Week 5 game against the Lions, Ladell Betts will be a must start.

per http://www.rotoworld.com

I want to cry. Anyone want to join me?:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Dont worry... ive had it my entire life and play soccer my entire youth. It flares up when games are over and you gotta practice, but when game day hits adrenaline cures it really fast. You have to ice it during the week too but he shouldnt miss a game because of it.

POrtis will be fine, Burress was questionable for 3 weeks and has played every game.

thi sis just something people peep too much into

Gibbs said portis could have played in the pre-season but that he didnt want him to because there as no use.. portis will play, mark my words!

This doesn't worry me one bit. Tendonitis will not sideline Portis nor will it affect his play. By the way, he missed camp because he didn't want to get injured, not because of this tendonitis. I wouldn't be surprised if he's making this up just to validate missing some time in preseason, especially in light of what Jerome Bettis said about fake injuries.

If Portis cant play on that knee, and carry a regular workload (regular meaning 20+ carries) something is wrong. Only thing that would really hurt him is taking a direct shot to it, which i can vouch for really really hurts, but you can still walk it off and keep playing.

Seriously, the tendonitis is being blown way out of proportion here. He missed camp because he didn't want to practice and risk a shoulder injury like he did last year but he could have very easily played with the injury had his name been Marcus Mason and not Clinton Portis.

He'll be playing on Sunday.

The Redskins say the injury is minor, but tendinitis forced Portis to miss all of training camp, so it's a major concern. Portis didn't work as the Redskins broke for post-bye week practice Monday. If Portis is to miss Sunday's Week 5 game against the Lions, Ladell Betts will be a must start.

Time to trade him while he still has value and get a descent DE or WR!!!! Dude is like the showing signs of fragility that is an ominous sign his effectiveness is sliding fast. Oh , by the way bull#### I don't believe it is all that serious. And if it causes him to not play than it is time for him to go or to restructure his big time salary. These modern day football players may make the big bucks but they sure are nowhere near the reliable players of old that built this league.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dont worry... ive had it my entire life and play soccer my entire youth. It flares up when games are over and you gotta practice, but when game day hits adrenaline cures it really fast. You have to ice it during the week too but he shouldnt miss a game because of it.

Tendinitis is not a major issue if you take care of it. When your blood gets pumping you don't feel it anymore.

Time to trade him while he still has value and get a descent DE or WR!!!! Dude is like the showing signs of fragility that is an ominous sign his effectiveness is sliding fast. Oh , by the way bull#### I don't believe it is all that serious. And if it causes him to not play than it is time for him to go or to restructure his big time salary. These modern day football players may make the big bucks but they sure are nowhere near the reliable players of old that built this league.

You can't trade a guy whose base salary jumps to 8 or 9 million next year.

This is his last year here unless he restructures....you don't get it.

Archived