Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Keyshawn on Sean Taylor: "Some things you see him do on film are mind-boggling"

wilbur58z

The nice thing is that you could pretty much replace Taylor with Landry in that statement' date=' and most people would still agree.....that's why we took him this year, and now we have both of them! :D[/quote']

Good point. :cheers:

I just wish people would remember that when you're NOT hearing a defensive back's name, then he's doing his job.

if he can get back to the 04 and 05 production we'll be in good shape.

Erroneous, erroneous. If he has few picks and tackles and the other team's yards per pass attempts and downfield pass attempts remain as low as they have been, that show's me we're in good shape. Granted if he's doing both that's a huge plus :D but I'm glad to finally hear some media love for sean taylor cuz usually they rip into him like ditka earlier this year.

He's a great ballplayer but it's been obvious this year that people are afraid to throw the ball anywhere near him because as stated, he can cover so much ground, has the best hands on our defense, and can take receivers out of the game mentally and physically.

The nice thing is that you could pretty much replace Taylor with Landry in that statement' date=' and most people would still agree.....that's why we took him this year, and now we have both of them! :D[/quote']

Oh yaah. And I was pondering the possibilities of those 2 together when the Skins drafted him. When they really start working together out there, and both really hit their stride back there, other teams OC's are going to be pondering the possibilities as well. All night long, (probably starting that now).

When watching games on TV you can't appreciate all the things he can do (since the camera doesn't zoom out enough to see the safties). One of the big reasons we have not been beat deep is because he is back there covering all that ground. I would love to see coaches tape of him.

Oh yaah. And I was pondering the possibilities of those 2 together when the Skins drafted him. When they really start working together out there, and both really hit their stride back there, other teams OC's are going to be pondering the possibilities as well. All night long, (probably starting that now).

I've been thinking that, as well. Landry is still in 'deer in the headlights' mode, but he appears to be playing beyond the 3 games that he's started. His presence alone will make Taylor that much more dangerous. I'll give them a year or two before they really hit peak stride. By then I'd think we'll have a new star CB, Smoot will be starting the downside of his ability, and let's hope that Carlos progresses in the meantime.

Arrington never really produced like Taylor. The only game-winning thing was that Carolina interception, but Taylor has won us games by himself. Dallas '05 with that hit on Crayton, Dallas '06, Philly '05, Tampa Bay playoffs, Carolina '06.

Actually, I agree. I always felt Lavar was overrated because of two plays - that int and the hit on Aikman. My point is that Taylor still has a few flaws in his game, similar to those which made Arrington a disappointment - getting caught out of position and missing tackles because he's too eager for the kill shot. Taylor thus far looks leaps and bounds beyond where he was last year. I'm optimistic, but I'm not breaking out the bronze mold for Canton just yet.

Anyone thinking about getting carried away with Sean Taylors playmaking ability needs to dust off the video of last years Seattle game and take a good long look.

:helmet:

I tried doing that but I couldnt find last year's Seattle game. I wonder why

Arrington never really produced like Taylor. The only game-winning thing was that Carolina interception, but Taylor has won us games by himself. Dallas '05 with that hit on Crayton, Dallas '06, Philly '05, Tampa Bay playoffs, Carolina '06.

Comparing Taylor to Arrington, at his four-year point, is a no contest.

Arrington won a game vs. the Rams in 2002, with a sack on Warner on the last play of the game. And Arrington had three Pro Bowl appearances in his first four years, compared to Taylor's one.

He also won a game at Philly in 2001. He was a one-man wrecking crew that day.

I think you're forgetting how good Arrington was (if briefly) in his second and third years.

Arrington won a game vs. the Rams in 2002, with a sack on Warner on the last play of the game. And Arrington had three Pro Bowl appearances in his first four years, compared to Taylor's one.

I think you're forgetting how good Arrington was (if briefly) in his second and third years.

agreed....

making the comparison is fair because they were both superhuman in college, drafted 1st pick, instant fan favorites, AMAZING raw talent....... i think the difference is, sean taylor has already matured. he is being a leader behind closed doors, and on the field when it matters

Okay, first off, Pro Bowls = What? Who cares? Taylor talks to the media how often?

And Taylor's win in the playoffs > anything and everything Arrington did, combined.

Taylor > Arrington hands down.

Taylor is STILL the most underrated player I've seen.

There's a world of things I could say about Sean Taylor, and the fact that he is an amazing safety. Honestly i dont see why everyone wants him to get back to his 04 and 05 days? the dude went to the pro bowl last year, and is doing great this year. He is just by far awesome. He does do mind boggling things. The sheer strength that guy has.

Watching his highlight videos, there are a few clips of him at goal line stands, wehre the rb jumps in the air to cross the plane, and ST, standing still with no moment, straight throws the guy back with nothing more than his arms and upper body.

its ridiculous, and i hope we franchise him, because i dont want to see him in another team jersey

Okay, first off, Pro Bowls = What? Who cares? Taylor talks to the media how often?

And Taylor's win in the playoffs > anything and everything Arrington did, combined.

Taylor > Arrington hands down.

Taylor is STILL the most underrated player I've seen.

"anything and everything Arrington did, combined"? I love the smell of hyperbole in the morning.

Taylor made a big play, but he no more won that game by himself than did the guy who set up the Redskins' first TD.

I can't quite remember who that was, do you?

Maybe Keyshaun means that there are times to hit and times to catch, a lot of safeties in the NFL seem to miss chances and I mean good chances at an intercept because they are too involved in trying to hit someone into the middle of the following week, the ball is the object and if the ball cant be got then make the receiver pay.

I hope he stays a redskins I wouldn't want to see him in some other uniform. That would by scary .

He won't. Why? Because our management will be too ate up to keep a player like #21.

So it will be the LA jinx, Ghost of Ryan Clark, The spirit of Pierce and the Angel of Sean Taylor!

But as I've been saying since he first showed up in 04 it will be "Yes Sir Sean , Sean Yes Sir! And always. Laundry as a rookie now doesn't compare to Sean when he was a rookie.

Sean is the best safety to ever play for the Redskins. Oh we've had some good ones. Brad Edwards, Ken Houston (I remember vaguely) Wonsley, I remember vividly. I'm also glad we have #30. But they no where near can spell Sean Taylor. My opinion--though.

"What did the Rooster say to the hennnn? "

"Back it on up and do it like ya "usta" ? Now what di the hen tell the Rooster? "Ya got to be hard to be good!"

Chuck Brown and the Mighty Soul Searchers!

Archived