Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do folks think that Lloyd is a bust?

jive_crankin

Looks like to me that he's the odd man out. He's hardly in the game and when he does get in the passes go to the running back, Cooley or the running back. LOL! I thought Lloyd could be used along with Moss, Randle EL and Cooley at the sametime. With Portis coming out of the backfield, who do you defend?

*thoughts*

personally i dont see the ball being thrown too much his way. and that is either because he is just not getting open and free on pass plays or he has a rep as a loser and they dont want to test it with him.

the ONE pass in the corner of the end zone i saw them throw to him he streched out for it even though it was uncatchable.

He hasn't had a whole lot of opportunity but my guess is he isn't proving himself in practice like he should be.

And so far whenever he has played he's not done a whole lot. He's dropped passes, not hustled enough and failed to show a sense of urgency. Randle-El looks like a much more viable 2nd receiver option so far, he's performed very well compared to Lloyd.

I will say that we need a receiver taller than 5' 10" when we're in the red zone and even though Lloyd is only 6-0 I think he would be a good red zone target, but at the same time it looks like Caldwell may assume that responsibility.

If we don't draft a tall possession receiver with one of our draft picks I'll be pretty upset.

I posted this on another thread but it needs repeating:

What Lloyd supporters don't seem to get is that Lloyd has been given a TON of opportunites to excel here in Washington since they signed him to that stupid contract. He's done crap with them. They are done with Lloyd and if it weren't for the cap he's be given a pink slip.

There are too many people here giving the coaching staff crap about Lloyd. When other players like Espy were given the chance to show what he could do if given a chance he EXCELLED. Espy didn't need a ton of chances to show he could be a WR in this league, he did it with only a few chances. Lloyd has had those chances and done NOTHING with them, he's a bust WR and they don't want to throw him the ball or call his number in games anymore. His silm number of balls thrown to him in games is a result of him doing nothing when they called his number in the past. It's that simple.

Spare me the poor me excuse about Lloyd. If he was any kind of WR they don't make the last two signings because they don't need to. Lloyd never did anything with the chance we gave him and he's completely unreliable. Tell me why you think we should throw the ball to a player like this? The only reason to throw him the ball would be out of a surprise move since we never do it anymore but even when we tried that the opposition knew it was coming. Lloyd brings nothing to the Skins and can't catch the ball or get open. He's crap

I wonder if anyone has a stat sheet on the past two years of Lloyd's catches and passes thrown to him. I would be curious to see the percentages and how many passes he was actually thrown.

I think that would be key to know. How many times has he been thrown to in the past two years and the actual situation as well. If he's getting a ball at the end of half time or the end of the game that really wouldn't count.

I think when you spend money on a person as the skins did with Lloyd you find away to get him the ball. It's probably something that we don't know about but he was pretty good out there in San Francisco.

Last season he started pretty much the whole time. He statistically was ranked the least productive starting WR in the history of the NFL during the Superbowl era.

That's not just bad or very bad, that's the worst ever!

Now maybe he can come back this season, he was so so in the pre season granted he missed most of it. In camp I recall reading that it was Randle El shining not Lloyd. Granted though Lloyd missed most of it.

As to the season, granted he hasn't been given much of a chance so I am guessing the deep jump ball in the home opener really bugs the coaching staff. It wasn't an easy catch but the Dolphins CB looked to go after it with more gusto. If Lloyd thought it would be intercepted he arguably should have tried to interrupt the play like Randle El did on a much tougher ball towards the end of the Giants game.

The kicker on the play was him not chasing the CB who made the INT.

Last season he started pretty much the whole time. He statistically was ranked the least productive starting WR in the history of the NFL during the Superbowl era.

That's not just bad or very bad, that's the worst ever!

Now maybe he can come back this season, he was so so in the pre season granted he missed most of it. In camp I recall reading that it was Randle El shining not Lloyd. Granted though Lloyd missed most of it.

As to the season, granted he hasn't been given much of a chance so I am guessing the deep jump ball in the home opener really bugs the coaching staff. It wasn't an easy catch but the Dolphins CB looked to go after it with more gusto. If Lloyd thought it would be intercepted he arguably should have tried to interrupt the play like Randle El did on a much tougher ball towards the end of the Giants game.

The kicker on the play was him not chasing the CB who made the INT.

:dj:

Sometimes you have to take the little opportunities Lloyd has had as a Redskin on the field to make plays.... It just seems like he doesn't get the job done when thrown to on the field. Maybe he does need at least ONE more chance to prove himself but Lloyd please add some glue to your gloves so you can catch the damn ball!

I honestly think that it's a situation where there's not enough balls to go around especially when you running backs are getting alot of check down balls thrown their way.

Not a skins fan but Moss is great! Randle El's explosiveness demands that he gets some touches. Cooley is one the top TE in the game and Portis can do it all. Betts is great out of the backfield. Honestly, there's not much else left.

he's a bust because the team went and spent all that money and draft picks on him for some secret reason, before he had proven himself, and now they won't even give him time on the field

that's one of the worst busts you can have

You could have this one:

canton4.jpg

And no, BLloyd won't be getting one of these. Not even from eBay.

Looks like to me that he's the odd man out. He's hardly in the game and when he does get in the passes go to the running back, Cooley or the running back. LOL! I thought Lloyd could be used along with Moss, Randle EL and Cooley at the sametime. With Portis coming out of the backfield, who do you defend?

*thoughts*

Really though, I understand what everybody thinks, especially since last year.

But really, speaking of this year. Does anyone know how many balls been thrown his way? All I can remember is like 3-4 passes. Other then that, I'm not sure he's even in the game. And if he is, the balls not coming his way to make a play.

And I know, the few he did have thrown his way he did nothing with. But I think the guy needs to feel a part of and given more opportunites to get better in sync with Campbell and get his confidence up. Because if the coaches and your teammates don't have confidence in you, it can be tough. Especially if your not even in the game to maybe show them otherwise.

I think that would be key to know. How many times has he been thrown to in the past two years and the actual situation as well. If he's getting a ball at the end of half time or the end of the game that really wouldn't count.

I think when you spend money on a person as the skins did with Lloyd you find away to get him the ball. It's probably something that we don't know about but he was pretty good out there in San Francisco.

His numbers were decent but nothing great in SF and they seemed GLAD to get rid of him. Granted his attitude was a big part of that I gather from what I read.

Some of the raps I recall hearing on Lloyd don't recall if it was print media radio or both are:

He doesn't run good routes and Saunder's system is based on timing the QB needs to trust the WR to be where he is supposed to be otherwise it can be an INT

He has a hard time getting separation and basically getting open

In SF the main thing he did well is handle deep passes in particular on jump balls -- he apparently has great leaping ability and hands. But Santana is our deep ball guy so they aren't looking for that as much from the complentary receivers.

They want the complentary receiver to do cross routes and catch passes up the middle. Apparently this isn't Lloyd's forte.

Keep in mind, Lloyd started higher on the depth chart than Randle El. But in Randle's limited opportunities he was able to show off more to the coaching staff. Lloyd really had a full year of try outs last season.

Campbell doesn't strike me as the type that will ignore an open player becuase he plays favorites. Heck guys like Yoder and Sellers get balls thrown to in this offense.

Just a guess on my end about Lloyd but that's my theory

Archived