Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers lacks cornerback intangibles!

Drunken Master III

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Seriously you guys gotta get off the guys back. At this moment you haters are just hating for the sake of hating. Carlos has been pretty solid the last two games. That play was just one of those unlucky plays where Manning threw a bad ball and Plaxico(who has been lighting up every opponent) made a great play.

The guy plays great all game, gives up a catch on a audibled, lucky play and you guys say he sucks. Why not ***** about Springs getting beat every other play? Or the fact that Smoot was abused in the 1 game he was able to suit up for? Please. Carlos has been our best corner so far and if GW wakes the hell up and realizes that he needs to play 'Los in press coverage a lot more he will look even better.

You know what the only thing funnier than a lie is? A totally blatant one. You lose on all accounts. All Redskins players check into a hotel the night before a game, including home games.

Of course, maybe there are two of them. That could explain your lucid fantasy.

OK then you knowitall. Next Sat. Night, I will meet you at 1351 Okie Street NE and we will watch carlos go in the bar.

I'll be easy to find. I'll be the guy in the white crown victoria with lights on the roof.

The you will have a lucid fantasy of walking out of there on NY Ave alone, and not pontificating from whatever safe burg you are from.

Whether #22 is up to par is debatable. My facts are not.

Seriously you guys gotta get off the guys back. At this moment you haters are just hating for the sake of hating. Carlos has been pretty solid the last two games. That play was just one of those unlucky plays where Manning threw a bad ball and Plaxico(who has been lighting up every opponent) made a great play.

The guy plays great all game, gives up a catch on a audibled, lucky play and you guys say he sucks. Why not ***** about Springs getting beat every other play? Or the fact that Smoot was abused in the 1 game he was able to suit up for? Please. Carlos has been our best corner so far and if GW wakes the hell up and realizes that he needs to play 'Los in press coverage a lot more he will look even better.

I actually was one of the supporters of our entire secondary for 2.5 games. The thing is, he didn't get beat by a lucky play, he got beat by a more athletic, taller receiver, and Carlos Rogers does not have the athleticism or instincts to deal with that kind of talent. I'm not saying he's not good, I'm saying he's not great.

Another thing: I see him going into a large and famous nightclub almosr EVERY saturday night. Once I yelled "hey, dont you have a game tommorrow?" he said "It's all good"

well well well.

Does he get wasted?

If he's just hanging out then who cares?

But if he's getting tanked then that could explain his bad hands and reaction time to whats going on at times, lol.

carlos may not be a shut down back, but he is solid, im glad he is on our team. imagine if we had 2 springs'.... we would never have them healthy at the same time. rogers always seemed like a good character guy who enjoys being at washington, i have no problem with him

(you'd think everyone would be estactic at the fact that we dont have a kenny wright in there)

Does he get wasted?

If he's just hanging out then who cares?

But if he's getting tanked then that could explain his bad hands and reaction time to whats going on at times, lol.

Now I havent ever seen him drinking or drunk, but my point was if I was 'Los and I needed to work on my game, I would be working, not hanging out during the season.

I dont hate the guy. I actually said out loud at the game that I was ready to support him.

All I have said about him is when he needs to make a play, he often does not. It's just indicative of this team lately. the super smart coaches "see" something that we dont. I just cant stop thinking that the next play we give up that is game/season altering will be on carlos. Why? I dunno.

If or when he solidifies, I will eat crow and be happy.

Tell me that you have confidence in imagining him lining up against TO.

I actually was one of the supporters of our entire secondary for 2.5 games. The thing is, he didn't get beat by a lucky play, he got beat by a more athletic, taller receiver, and Carlos Rogers does not have the athleticism or instincts to deal with that kind of talent. I'm not saying he's not good, I'm saying he's not great.

Plaxico has been on fire and IMO that was just a lucky play. If he does not have that kind of talent, why didn't Burress do anything in the final game of last year against Rogers or the first half this sunday? Rogers was holding Plaxico in check for most of the game until the second half, where Plaxico started getting hot while working Shawn Springs.

And why isn't anyone talking about Sean Taylor getting juked by Plaxico? It's not all Carlos' fault for that TD. He didn't get beat deep. it was like a 8-15 yard pass play that Plaxico turned into more. You people do realize that the other team gets paid to make plays and that Plaxico was also a TOP TEN pick, right?

I second that motion. I hope Smoot is ready for the Detroit game because the Skins need him. I also think Greg Williams seriously needs to get out of this cover 2 nonsense because the middle of the field was exposed over and over and over again.

Shawn Springs did not have that good of a game at all , there were lot's of opportunities for him as well. Maybe these corners aren't all we were sold to believe them to be after all. Let's face it the Giants went 7-9 on 3rd downs in the second half. Most of those 3rd downs were over 5 yards too.

It's just like last year if you ask me , meltdown in the second half and specifically the 4th quarter. Traditionally , and under Gibbs 1 the 4th quarter was our strength not our weakness. I think we are in trouble game 4 against the Lions to be honest.

See , now I'm taking on the scared mentality of this team and this coach.

I completely agree. CR is the weakest link in our D. He is not a natural...nurture over nature...reminds me of Archuleta. I'm not saying he's the greatest but Smoot should start for now.

archuleta....wow thats just bad and very inaccurate. Carlos is a good corner, not great but hes a great tackler, solid in tight man coverage, weaker in zone type coverage. overall a good #2 corner.

Plaxico has been on fire and IMO that was just a lucky play. If he does not have that kind of talent, why didn't Burress do anything in the final game of last year against Rogers or the first half this sunday? Rogers was holding Plaxico in check for most of the game until the second half, where Plaxico started getting hot while working Shawn Springs.

And why isn't anyone talking about Sean Taylor getting juked by Plaxico? It's not all Carlos' fault for that TD. He didn't get beat deep. it was like a 8-15 yard pass play that Plaxico turned into more. You people do realize that the other team gets paid to make plays and that Plaxico was also a TOP TEN pick, right?

Well, the thing is you can't expect a receiver to catch everything thrown to him. I was still worried in the first half about Plax because he dropped almost every ball thrown to him, and most of them were perfect passes. If you look at his track record, he still caught 10 TDs last year, which is a lot more than I can say about any Redskins receiver for the past 15 or so years. He is a talented, and I don't think he got "hot" as you say, he just stopped dropping balls.

As far as Sean Taylor's play, I can't remember who, but that poster said it perfectly: if Plax doesn't juke out Sean Taylor on that play (given their momentum and positions on the field), Plax doesn't deserve to be in the NFL.

I guess other fans are a little harsher in their critics on #22. I've said it all last year and I'll still say it, #22 (I don't like to call names), but #22 does not come from a program (Auburn) that played a lot of man-to-man. This makes him sporadic at best. And not something any coach can fix. What happened out there on that corner with Buress and #22 is well worse than bathetic! Players can be pissed off all they want about how fans respond. But right now, its’ still early, but we must have a change. What we’ve been doing is not getting it done.

The Intangibles

Using that we should move him to nickle is probably not it. A nickel must also be physical and able to tackle and cover! Well, #22 is probably saying but I can cover and I can tackle. There's been more than 1 instance on plays that he’s been directly involved in when a true #1 would have done more than just make the play. Intangibles, mighty funny #30 has made a statement and he's a rookie.

Way a Head

I would say at best #22 is dead weight and very suspect and they, the league knows it. You don’t come in the league to develop intangibles that’s something you develop while in H.S. / College. If he needed to work intangibles, why did we draft him—and #1 pick at that? Come on now #22 worked that play like there was nothing to it. One hundred thousand dollars hell you can slip me and take it the distance. He worked that play like it was worth little or nothing to him. What’s so Super Bowl about that type of coaching? What does the coaching have to do with it, you might ask? Oh #22 is a reflection of our organization and coaching. Hell, we put him on the field.

Murphy, the guy/gal that took the pictures, since you're closer to the team, or Art or somebody better tell the powers to be to start reading this board or pass along our communique's, because whatever we've been doing isn't working and that #22 is a liability. We have sytemic issues.

So what will we do with him? I may not know that right now but I do know its a looooong season, and Detroit, Green Bay, Arizonia, New England, and the Jets got next! Unless we start fixing stuff we won't have to worry about to much after.

Our vision and concepts on what and how we’re doing business at the Park (Redskin Park) is nothing but false hope.

Past 4 years, week in and week out we really don’t know what we’re getting. Right now can we honestly say New England, Green Bay, or the Jets will beat Detroit ? Yes. Can you honestly be just as confident abou how we'll do? I'm not. Yeah, you can argue parity. But there are glaring differences between other teams that shine with more positive than ours. Some of those teams are playoff caliber and some look better than us that are not play off caliber.

Hey a skill position, such as CB, is almost the same as why teams bench QBs. Now, would I fire the man…uh no! But #22 needs some serious coaching and a little more attention right now than we have time to give, but I wouldn’t fire him.

Using that we should move him to nickle is probably not it. A nickel must also be physical and able to tackle. Well, #22 is probably saying but I can cover and I can tackle. There's been more than 1 instance when a true #1 would done more than just make the play. Intangibles, mighty funny #30 has made a statement and he's a rookie. I would say at best #22 is dead weight and very suspect and they, the league knows it.

On top of all that #22 is a prenadonna, or he thinks he is. If I was him I would sign every childs autograph that asks. Because messing with kids will give you bad luck and right now that's not somethging he needs is bad luck.

My bet is that we will start him ahead of our other CBs in October too. As a matter of fact #22 will remain until his contract is up or gets injured knock on wood I hope that doesn't happen (an injury). But he isn't going anywhere because that's the trend of how we manage.

Our players

Our players can say we let one get away. My question is how many seasons are we going to say oh that was one we should have won? My comment is maybe we shouldn't have! We have a jumbo package on the goal line. Coach Gibbs believes that and that's what I respect. But if it wasn't Coach Gibbs, I would raise the B.S. flag and say we don't have a jumbo package in the red zone.

The Jumbo

What's so “jumbo or overwhelming about our red zone offense” about 3 defenders penetrating a 4th and goal with the game on the line during a running play and a safety makes the tackle? Come on now that's strait up B.S. Hell, we don't even have a vision on how we raise our percent for TDs in the red zone. But I tell you, you have teams that go in the red zone and they don’t mess around their TD percentage in the red zone is of championship caliber.

#26 is one of the top 3 running backs in the history of this organization...right up their with #44! #46 does not spell #26.

I'm truely glad #26 is here!

Well I only saw the replay when it happened, but it looked to me like it looks every time our corners should have a pick. They are playing the man, not the ball.

If Rogers had taken a glance at Eli, he would have seen how awful that throw was and had a better jump. Unfortunately, he was staring right at Buress.

Oh thank the lord some one else sees this. That's not the only time either.

CR is a good CB, when he plays press he is VERY good.

That's what I think too, emphasis on think because I'm not sure at all in these matters.

There's man - press - zone

I suppose some packages we are very good at while others not so much. Gregg is smart enough to understand Carol's strengths and weaknesses so I guess it is something that we cannot bypass or go without on certain occassions.

Jimmy Johnson IIRC, stated that we tend to play man/press on first and second down then proceed with the zone stuff. He seemed to suggest we are better off in the zone defense because that is when LFB got an interception.

I don't know. I do want to say and feel that addressing the DL should finally take precedence in the offseason - hopefully in the form of Jared Allen in the B&G.

I'm tired of this 'build from the secondary up' approach Gregg seems obsessed with. The front four should be the catalyst. If we have that, then the talent that we do have in the secondary would then be able to shine that much brighter I think allowing it to be used more often and creatively.

Maybe everyone is playing and doing exactly what Gregg wants and expects though. It's hard to tell watching at home of course. I personally sense that the secondary is not playing all that well, or as good as they should be perhaps.

carlos is not a starting cb. hes a special team player. he got picked high because of auburn played good D as a unit.. Auburn had a good pass rush. whereever there is a good pass rush, the pass gets rushed, the passes turn ugly and the ball is up for grabs. cornerback gets the credit from what the Dline created.. CB true skills shows when a d doesnt have a pass rush. for example, redskins have a below average rush D. he gets burnt doenst he? also we bring the blitz, leaving carlos one on one with avant and plaxico. his true skills shows, giving avant and the eagles a first down on 4th and game. week later. gives up game winning TD to plaxico.. carlos doesnt have the hands. doesnt have the read. doesnt have the speed. not sure why he is our starting cb..

other than champ bailey, name me one corner who is really good that doesnt have a great pass rush in front of him. youll be hard pressed to find one.

and guys, again: carlos only allowed that one big play to burress the whole game. our whole d was dead tired and burress has 6 inches and 30 pounds on rogers, and he made a nice tackle break. rogers rarely misses tackles, thats one of his strong suits.

rogers is a solid NFL corner, you people need to stop using him for the scape goat.

and if you watch the film of the giants game, springs got lit up more than he did by plax.

and guys, again: carlos only allowed that one big play to burress the whole game. our whole d was dead tired and burress has 6 inches and 30 pounds on rogers, and he made a nice tackle break. rogers rarely misses tackles, thats one of his strong suits.

rogers is a solid NFL corner, you people need to stop using him for the scape goat.

and if you watch the film of the giants game, springs got lit up more than he did by plax.

It isn't the missed tackle that concerns me about Carlos... it's the playing out of position, the negative plays that often lead to costly points, and most especially the lack of positive game-changing plays. If you don't find these legitimate concerns, then by all means... accuse me of scapegoating.

While Champ Bailey cost us some games when he was here, he also made a lot of positive plays and was a shutdown corner most of the time. Whatever problems Champ Bailey created defensively, he largely made up for them. Carlos needs to start making positive big plays. I've said many times on this board that if Carlos converted a few of those PDs into INTs, we wouldn't have any reason to have discussions like this.

BLC, you have to admit that you can probably name 50 NFL cornerbacks who have been better than Carlos at making big plays. He is clearly in the bottom half of NFL starting cornerbacks in this category.

Archived