Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell is becoming a Clutch QB

HOF44

Vince is better than Jason.

And again, with that list I was only thinking of QB's 25 and Under...(So Yeah Rivers takes the # 2 spot and Jason Slides down to 3...)

Negative. I would rather have Campbell, he will be a much better field general as well as passer than Young. I don't care for the "run when I feel any pressure" quarterback - you can't teach poise. That's why I love Jason better - just my opinion.

Uh... you're kidding right? Homer much?

Best Young QBs:

1. Carson Palmer (27)

2. Tony Romo sits to pee (27)

3. Ben Roethlisberger (25)

4. Eli Manning (26)

5. Vince Young (24)

6. Philip Rivers (25)

7. Jay Cutler (24)

I think Campbell (26) is probably 8th, right above Matt Leinart (24), (26)

JP Losman (26), and Alex Smith (23).

The big question mark to me is Matt Shaub (26). He looks like he could be the real deal. After 4 or 5 more starts, I may be inclined to put him at 6 or 7.

But Palmer would definitely be at the top of the list of young QBs, with Romo sits to pee and then Roeth. But I'm guessing you are going to say that being 27 years old means he is not a young QB. :rolleyes:

You think phillip Rivers is better tha JC? I dont know about that dog.

Fair enough, I guess i was speaking more along the lines of the Giants game. They were playing prevent in the 4th after they had the lead.

You think so? I saw them still do a good bit of blitzing. I don't know for sure the breakdown, but I'd be interested to know. I thought they still played a lot of base and aggressive D.

I wasnt thinking of people over 25....

That's what I figured you'd say. You'd create some artificial line in the sand.

Well guess what, if your line is 25, then JC isn't on the list of young QBs either. He is 26 (born in 1981).

Those other guys are young qb's as well. Only a fool would say that Palmer, Roeth, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, etc. aren't "young qbs."

Negative. I would rather have Campbell, he will be a much better field general as well as passer than Young. I don't care for the "run when I feel any pressure" quarterback - you can't teach poise. That's why I love Jason better - just my opinion.

Young lead his team to a National Championship, Won OROY and lead a team with little talent from 0-5 to 8-8. and Your are telling me Jason has MORE POISE than Vince? :laugh: :rolleyes:

I think the line should be more in games played than age. I think that is more relevant.

Ok. What is the point of this excercise? To list the best young QBs who will be in the league over the next 10 years? Or is the point to make some list with whatever limitations possible to knock people off so JC can be higher?

So you want to do on games played. But something tells me that the number of games played will be put at some artificial number to disqualify Romo sits to pee or Rivers.

Ok. What is the point of this excercise? To list the best young QBs who will be in the league over the next 10 years? Or is the point to make some list with whatever limitations possible to knock people off so JC can be higher?

So you want to do on games played. But something tells me that the number of games played will be put at some artificial number to disqualify Romo sits to pee or Rivers.

Hey you made the list. You tell me the point of the excersize.

Best Young QBs:

1. Vince Young

2. Jason Campbell

3. Jay Cutler

4.Matt Leinart

5.Alex Smith

6. J.P. Losman

I would, just for now, put Cutler and Leinart slightly ahead of JC. I love him to death..BUT we haven't allowed him to become what he can be. his comp. pct. is still what low 50s?

This is great news.

I have an idea to make us a better team. Lets give each team 1 point when the game starts. According to the stats JC would play much better than if it started 0-0. Lets see if we can call JG to give the other team 1 point! Then we'll be in great shape the rest of the year.

This is great news.

I have an idea to make us a better team. Lets give each team 1 point when the game starts. According to the stats JC would play much better than if it started 0-0. Lets see if we can call JG to give the other team 1 point! Then we'll be in great shape the rest of the year.

Better yet, just tell JC we're behind by 35 when the game starts. When we hit 49 points, then we can him in on the secret.

rivers throws for more yards, more touchdowns, and much higher completion percentage. campbell is not better at all. at least not currently.

I looked at the same stats for Rivers. He is better than Campbell when he is ahead and on 1st and second downs. His 3rd down QB rating is 58.3.

I know Campbell has a lot of room for improvement and currently does not show as much as some of these guys, my point is he does not have the pucker factor. When the pressure is on he functions his best. That is something that really can't be taught.

Rivers does have one distinct advantage

LT:silly:

and LT has blown monkey nuts this year, and hes still playing far and above campbell. hes thrown 5 TDs to campbells 2. hes thrown for a 70.1% completion rating, to campbells 52.4% completion rating, and his QB rating is 20 points higher. they have similar yardage through the air, campbell benefits from the bombs he throws, his completion percentage is one of the worst in the league. hes gotta get better at hitting his receivers. rivers has thrown 1 more pick, not a big difference.

Young lead his team to a National Championship, Won OROY and lead a team with little talent from 0-5 to 8-8. and Your are telling me Jason has MORE POISE than Vince? :laugh: :rolleyes:

Absolutely, Jason has poise, hangs in the pocket and doesn't lose his cool, Vince takes off almost immediately - That is a fact. Just so you know, Jason went undefeated & got shafted by the BCS for the Championship.......

and LT has blown monkey nuts this year, and hes still playing far and above campbell. hes thrown 5 TDs to campbells 2. hes thrown for a 70.1% completion rating, to campbells 52.4% completion rating, and his QB rating is 20 points higher. they have similar yardage through the air, campbell benefits from the bombs he throws, his completion percentage is one of the worst in the league. hes gotta get better at hitting his receivers. rivers has thrown 1 more pick, not a big difference.

Please check sarcasm meter.

I was not being serious. You are correct that for now Rivers is a better qb. However, please note that JC will be a top 5 qb next year and in the next 5 years will become notorious for leading us in come from behind wins.

However, LT may be doing a bad job, but if you ask any d coordinator what they play for this year or last when playing SD, they will all tell you LT. They would all rather Rivers try and beat them than LT. So don't disregard LT because 3 bad games against 3 top defenses. Just his presence alone can help the Chargers.

*Note, you may want to change you name (Brandon Lloyd Christmas) after this season. :laugh:

Absolutely, Jason has poise, hangs in the pocket and doesn't lose his cool, Vince takes off almost immediately - That is a fact. Just so you know, Jason went undefeated & got shafted by the BCS for the Championship.......

:applause: :applause:

Beat me to it, Young's good but not half as good as people make him out to be.

Archived