Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What we really needed on the goal line

fuji869

You know what we really needed when we had the ball on the Giants 2 yard line was 3 straight penalties that would have knocked us back 15 yards. Hey we scored a TD at the end of the first half in Philadelphia when we got knocked back 15 yards on 3 straight penalties. :laugh:

You know what we really needed when we had the ball on the Giants 2 yard line was 3 straight penalties that would have knocked us back 15 yards. Hey we scored a TD at the end of the first half in Philadelphia when we got knocked back 15 yards on 3 straight penalties. :laugh:

So odd how that makes perfect sense.

:applause:

Campbell rolling out on both 3rd and 4th downs (if a 4th down play had been needed) with the option to run it in. I love Gibbs, but I truly believe that he didn't have enough faith in Campbell to call this type of play. We all remember Joe Theismann and even Gus Ferrotte running these kinds of plays down on the goal line.

Hahaha yes, it is exactly what we needed. 3 penalties then bam! TD Cooley!

I wanted to know, why the hell not pass the ball IN the endzone? A possibility of 3 things happen..

1- you catch it, its a TD

2- you drop it, time stops

3- they pick it off (very unlikely with campbell's poise and great vision)

it hurts me everytime i think about it, and what could have possibly been 3-0

What I'd like to know is why they ran Betts twice on the goal line.

Sellers should have crushed the ball right into the freaking end-zone.

I saw how close the team was, an immediately thought "This is Mike Sellers territory". He had demonstrated that he can get the short yard, and often humble the poor **** that has to attempt and tackle him. His conversion rate on third and short was very productive. And everyone saw how impressive he was carrying people on the Dolphins.

Hell there was practically an official man-crush thread after the Philly game. People were calling him "The Juggernaut" and photo shopping the comic book character. Generally having fun reveling how great it is having an absolute monster that seemingly cannot go down on the first hit. Someone who can truck Dawkins who was allegedly "Weapon X a.k.a. Wolverine".

Watching the 11:00 Redskins pregame TV show on 09/23/2007 Sellers was interviewed and basically said that he wanted the ball more on third and short situations. He is a great blocker and loves doing that, however he felt that he had more to offer the team. He mentioned that he regularly reminds coaches that he wants the ball. Not overbearing by any means; but this is a man that I would put the game in his hands and gladly take the consequences, regardless of the outcome.

This board would have gone absolutely crazy if Big Mike ("Dat Boy" for those who watched his interview) would have gotten the opportunity to blast through and obstensibly tie the game. I'll even go one further and state that he could have won the game after a 2-point, but we all know that Coach Joe would have gone for the extra point sending it to OT.

So anybody please tell me: Why the **** did we run Betts twice, instead of having Big Mike own the Giants?

Campbell rolling out on both 3rd and 4th downs (if a 4th down play had been needed) with the option to run it in. I love Gibbs, but I truly believe that he didn't have enough faith in Campbell to call this type of play. We all remember Joe Theismann and even Gus Ferrotte running these kinds of plays down on the goal line.

First CP and not LB. Second, not two runs to the left in a row. We were not going to the right with two backups there. So if we were going to run we all knew it was left. Same formation, Jumbo left and faked to CP on 4th down with JC doing a bootleg.

Archived