Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New "non-racial" assault makes me ask-why is there a double standard for hate crimes?

Buddy Dude

So, this morning, I was sitting down reading the newspaper, when a certain story struck me as odd. What happened was horrible. Considering what other would face as a penalty, it made me realize that either the justice system is completely screwed up (no way that could happen :rolleyes: ) or certain people are failing to file proper charges for crimes equally, to be politically correct.

A white male, 13 years old, was badly beaten by a group of black males, also teens 13-16 years old, while the entire thing was caught on film. When the video was made public, it was obvious that what had occured was one of the most disturbing things you never want to see happen, especially to a young kid.

All witnesses say the attack was completely unprovoked, and even with all the evidence, they refuse to charge the teens with a hate crime. Better yet, they are only charging them with misdemeanor assault :doh:

Every person on here is thinking it, so I'm going to say it. If the teens doing the beating were white, and the kid being beaten was black, these guys not only would face a barrage of felony charges, and be charged with hate crimes, but then Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, and Al Sharpton would be all over tv talking about it.

Also, if the kids had been charged with felony assault or a hate crime, as they should have been, these same morons would be on tv talking about what a travesty and injustice has been brought down on these kids.

What's good for the goose is good for the ****ing gander. Either do away with the hate crime charge altogether, or apply it to BOTH sides when it applies. :rant:

Recent attack. Includes article and video.

Not saying there isn't a double standard or that this wasn't a hate crime, but here's your answer.
They interviewed this jackass on the news about his statement. When pressed for where he got this information, he responded by saying he gathered statements from 3 of the accused beaters :doh:

It's a ****ty answer in other words.

What kind of response did they expect? "Yeah, we beat his ass because he's white." The people who prosecute the offenders are sometimes as stupid as the offenders themselves :2cents:

They interviewed this jackass on the news about his statement. When pressed for where he got this information, he responded by saying he gathered statements from 3 of the accused beaters :doh:

It's a ****ty answer in other words.

I don't think the kids lied to save themselves from hate-crime prosecution. That sounds like you're giving them too much credit.

I don't think the kids lied to save themselves from hate-crime prosecution. That sounds like you're giving them too much credit.
Normally, this would be giving them too much credit, but the officer stated that he had to ask them each if the beating was fueled by the victim's race and what happened in Jena. He also had to explain what happened in Jena in case they didn't know :rolleyes:

Normally, this would be giving them too much credit, but the officer stated that he had to ask them each if the beating was fueled by the victim's race and what happened in Jena. He also had to explain what happened in Jena in case they didn't know :rolleyes:
That sounds retarded.

Did the officer look like this?

Officer_Barbrady_figure.jpg

They hit like girls as well. :silly:

As far as hate crimes?...there should be no special designation.imo

I'm just saying that the norm seems to be that ANY crime that is white on black seems to be immediately reffered to or suggested as a hate crime, but you never hear it when the roles are reversed.

I'm just saying that the norm seems to be that ANY crime that is white on black seems to be immediately reffered to or suggested as a hate crime, but you never hear it when the roles are reversed.

Oh I certainly agree there is a double standard,which is one reason I oppose Hate Crime legislation.

It's definitely a hate crime. But since the guy is white that was assaulted it won't be charged as such. Just the typical double standard in today's society.

If it was the other way around this story would be on Oprah, Montel and whoever has a popular tv show. I'm not going to get into it.. we all know what's going on here....it's not rocket science.

I'm still waiting on my white tv network that all the other races will be up in arms about. Any chance on getting WET? White Entertainment Network?

The hate crime laws may not be perfect, but the intent is in the right place. By trying to impose larger penalties and sentences on hate based crimes they are trying to put in place a deterrent to such things.

To deny such crimes exist is ludicrous as I'm sure anyone would agree.

On the surface, this would look like a hate crime. Considering all of the involved are minors, that may have something to do with why it's not.

If it's on tape, and even one of the utters a single racial epithet, it's a hate crime. At least that is the rule as I understand it. I'd be interested to hear what they had to say during the beating.

~Bang

That's a great statement buddy followed by your peace sign at the bottom. Just shows you how ignorant you really are.

I'm ignorant because I don't read a racial problem in every conflict? Just because others use the race card in every disagreement doesn't mean that I, a middle-aged white guy, has to.

It's a neighborhood brawl, that's it. $200.00 fine, 6 months probation and timed served. Next!

This is no more of a race crime than the Rodney King beating.

I'm ignorant because I don't read a racial problem in every conflict? Just because others use the race card in every disagreement doesn't mean that I, a middle-aged white guy, has to.

It's a neighborhood brawl, that's it. $200.00 fine, 6 months probation and timed served. Next!

This is no more of a race crime than the Rodney King beating.

No you're ignorant because you say someone needs their ass beat..but then have a peace sign under your statement. A little contradicting?

My calling you ignorant has nothing to do with race, age or where you live... It's what you said. Nobody deserves to get their asses beat 6 on 1 hoss.

No you're ignorant because you say someone needs their ass beat..but then have a peace sign under your statement. A little contradicting?

My calling you ignorant has nothing to do with race, age or where you live... It's what you said. Nobody deserves to get their asses beat 6 on 1 hoss.

You make a good point. I would just like to see or HEAR what went on before the fight. My gut tells me the victim provoked the others. In fact, the first few seconds of the video has HIM calling THEM out. And at the end, he looks like he's ready for more. That's why I said that it seemed to me to be someone who needed an #$@ whooping or was at least looking for a fight.

You make a good point. I would just like to see or HEAR what went on before the fight. My gut tells me the victim provoked the others. In fact, the first few seconds of the video has HIM calling THEM out. And at the end, he looks like he's ready for more. That's why I said that it seemed to me to be someone who needed an #$@ whooping or was at least looking for a fight.
All witnesses at the scene said that it was completely unprovoked. At what point did you hear him call them out? Are you nuts? Try going back and listening again. He says "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT." He says it twice, not once, I don't see ho that's calling someone out. I think you heard him say the word fight, and just ran with it.:2cents:
The hate crime laws may not be perfect, but the intent is in the right place. By trying to impose larger penalties and sentences on hate based crimes they are trying to put in place a deterrent to such things.

To deny such crimes exist is ludicrous as I'm sure anyone would agree.

On the surface, this would look like a hate crime. Considering all of the involved are minors, that may have something to do with why it's not.

If it's on tape, and even one of the utters a single racial epithet, it's a hate crime. At least that is the rule as I understand it. I'd be interested to hear what they had to say during the beating.

~Bang

The point I'm trying to make, is that everybody knows, regardless of the circumstance, or what was aid or anything else.....If these kids were white, and the one kid was black, it would be a hate crime, no questions asked.

The system is set up to fail, and i think there comes a point where you make the rule apply in every case, or do away with it altogether.

Archived