Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cambell on 980:

CGSKINS

JC was on 980 (Doc Walker Show) He stated that everybody(fans) needs to calm down and that it is not the end of the world.

He stated that is just one loss and that while the team is very upset, they know they have to put this one behind them and that they will be ready for the next game.

JC stated that on the 4 goal line plays, he was doing what GIBBS told him to do. He stated that Gibbs has the final say on those situations.

A caller called in and asked JC if he felt that the Offense was "handcuffed" and he stated that the coaches know that they maybe backed of the gas and that it was discussed and that the next time the have a lead they need to be more agressive.

I love the " calm down " comment. This guy is a leader and he is going to be a winner.

i really like that he said the coaches understood they backed off the gas and they wont do it again. its nice to hear him say that.

now the next step would be to actually execute it. we gotta wait 2 weeks to see if its true.

Agreed...I'll believe it when I see it...however I like to believe that this staff is smart (no need to be "Super-smart" here) to learn from their mistakes.

Sounds like he took the loss lightly. He needs to be in film session and throwing flys to Moss and Caldwell now.

At least the coaches realize they need to be more aggresive.

Or he is mature enough to know it's a long season and he needs to focus on the next game rather then engage in endless flogging of himself over the loss.

Look at the skins WRs: MOSS, EL, Llyod, Thrash, Caldwell. This group is in the top 5 at least any team would want this group. I bet McNabb would kiss Reid if they gave him this group. Campbell is very capable of passing the ball. Gibbs needs to wake up and realize not all the teams will let you run the ball. And against a weak Giants secondary.

If we come out and kick the Lions butts well be ok. I was a wreck yesterday and today I am thinking more calmly. We "stole" a game from the Eagles and gave this last one away. So now we have to win the games were supposed to win and try and steal one back and well be in good shape. Time will tell. I think well all know more after the Lions game.

I think the coaches got nervous and maybe did not trust him in that 2 min drill and paniced. I think that we will learn from this and be better prepared.

This guy JC is a play maker and they need to let him do his thing. We have weapons on O and we need to use them.

I think that this was a bad loss and we as fans had a knee jerk reaction. When we whip the Lions ass by 20 then we will call down.

This game was huge for our playoff chances. Last time we started 3-0 we made the playoffs... by the skin of our teeth. We can't lose our winnable games or the skins will be on the couch in january.

Dude keep in mind that we're playing in the NFC, not the AFC where every game you play is critical towards getting in. Thus far, we've shown talent wise that we can compete with almost any team with the NFC. If our guys take what they've done over the past 3 weeks, use this bye week to improve upon it and get better, then I say we're gonna be in good shape come paloffs! :D

A caller called in and asked JC if he felt that the Offense was "handcuffed" and he stated that the coaches know that they maybe backed of the gas and that it was discussed and that the next time the have a lead they need to be more agressive.

I hope so. More importantly, I hope next time their horriffic game-plan isn't working, they have the balls to adjust their strategy IN-GAME. IMAGINE THAT!?!?!

p.s. everyone say a prayer for Santana's groin.

Ive been a fan of this team for as long as ive been able to open my eyes and fans are taking this L like its 5 L's rolled into one. Its insane. So we lost a winnable game....???? Not the end of the world.

I cant imagine how this board will be if we lose to the Lions....it might literally be Black Sunday meets Armageddon. Keep the faith folks were 2-1 and dont have the problems that the 1-2 & 0-3 teams have. Its really not the first game this team has ever lost. Get over it.

HTTR!

I think fans are most upset by HOW we lost the game (infuriating coaching blunders). It's different now than it was in the 80s, everyone plays Madden, and everyone thinks they know how to coach.

I'm very happy to hear these comments by JC. Dude has poise coming out the wazoo! I've never had more confidence in a young QB, and this is one of the main reasons. I think he gets it.

Look at the skins WRs: MOSS' date=' EL, Llyod, Thrash, Caldwell. This group is in the top 5 at least any team would want this group. I bet McNabb would kiss Reid if they gave him this group. [/quote']

Are you serious? Lloyd, Thrash and Caldwell are at best #4 receivers.

Last year's #s for Lloyd, Thrash, Randle-el:

67 catches / 867 yards / 4 TDs (About 7.6 catches/game for 103 yards)

Moss is good, granted, although not as good as he was a few years ago. Reason Randle-el is doing so well is Moss is drawing all the coverage.

A bit off topic but has this become some kind of forum joke to spell Campbells last name as "Cambell"? If it's not a joke its seriously crazy that we have a good young quarterback and there are at least a dozen people on this board that can't even spell his last name . . . and his last name isn't "Roethlisberger" so theres no real excuse.

Anyway I like the comment to calm down. Can't dwell on this loss and it's a long season. Hopefully there will be a game that we should lose that we win now that can make up for this loss.

JC was on 980 (Doc Walker Show)

But why are we still in this kind of "learning" curve? It's like we are taking baby steps around what to do and what not to do with each game. Can't we learn WHILE the game is still going on and there is time to make the adjustments? Why wait until the game is over each week? Also, it feels like we are still in reactionary mode from last season and to a point I can understand that, but in regards to players, we aren't really the same team from last year.

We just seem to be afraid of everything. It's very frustrating. :2cents:

JC was on 980 (Doc Walker Show) He stated that everybody(fans) needs to calm down and that it is not the end of the world.

He stated that is just one loss and that while the team is very upset, they know they have to put this one behind them and that they will be ready for the next game.

JC stated that on the 4 goal line plays, he was doing what GIBBS told him to do. He stated that Gibbs has the final say on those situations.

**** Gibbs. Why the **** is he tampering with Al's offense. Let go Gibbs. You can stay if you don't do anything. That's it!

He probably realized what an idiot he is and said that he'd let Saunders call the shots next time. But **** gibbs.

Archived