Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis=Team Player

2006Skins

With everyone whining, complaining and blaming everyone and their mother, I thought I would bring out a good thing I have seen over the last day or two. I listened to the interview on redskins.com with CP and I was impressed with his reply to asking what he was thinking during the last 2 plays of the game. His response: "I was thinking Ladell would get that yard." That shows true class in a player. With all of the TO players taking penalties just to get the camera on him and Chad Johnson screaming to get the ball, it's great to see a guy like Portis having a team attitude, even if it means less numbers and less play time. :applause: :applause: :applause:

HAIL:point2sky

I really think this team is going to bounce back from that tough loss the other day. We have too many tough, team-first veterans on this team not to. CP's attitude has been very good this year, and hopefully this whole team uses that loss as motivation in the coming weeks after the bye.

Waiting for McD5 to make his appearance :)

I LOVE CP!!! Dudes been a monster so far. 3TDS/3GMS. Should have been 4TDs and maybe even 5 in OT...oh well we are 2-1 and I'll look at this loss as hopefully a turning point for the coaching staff and players. The season is still young and there are 13 more games to be played.

HTTR!

Portis is the man, and we are a different team with him on the field

The kid plays hard every down. Riggins talked about how on the reverse to Moss in the 3rd quarter, CP sold his fake so well by running through the hole and plowing through a linebacker, even though it was a reverse to Moss

The guy shows up to play and wants to win, and only plays at one speed; hard. He is the definition of a gamer

CP is the man. I love that guy.

Took the words right off of my keyboard brother. With apolpogies to the OP, I changed my reply title.

We'll never know if he would have scored there, but I can't help but notice that he did score on the EXACT SAME PLAY in the 1st half and agaisnt Philly.

Portis is the man, and we are a different team with him on the field

The kid plays hard every down. Riggins talked about how on the reverse to Moss in the 3rd quarter, CP sold his fake so well by running through the hole and plowing through a linebacker, even though it was a reverse to Moss

The guy shows up to play and wants to win, and only plays at one speed; hard. He is the definition of a gamer

Yup. Also he had a fantastic blitz pick-up (I believe in the 4th) that allowed JC to scramble for the 1st down. He was dead on that play if not for #26.

Yup. Also he had a fantastic blitz pick-up (I believe in the 4th) that allowed JC to scramble for the 1st down. He was dead on that play if not for #26.

...You mean in the 1st Q when he ROCKED A.Pierce like 10 yards back while JC Scrambled for the first...man what the hell happened to the team at the half :( ...

...You mean in the 1st Q when he ROCKED A.Pierce like 10 yards back while JC Scrambled for the first...man what the hell happened to the team at the half :( ...

That could be it. I didn't see who the defender was, but it was in the backfield and I thought it was later in the game...

but yeah about that 2nd half...

I think Portis was wishing Betts would have gotten that yard, but we all know he wishes he was out there.

Portis is a great team player, blocks better then most RB's and gives 100% on every single play. The problem I have is when you are down and your best player is on the bench. We are not paying Betts 50 million, Portis needs to be out there when it becomes crunch time.

If Moss wasn't hurt you wouldn't see Lloyd out there. When it comes down to the final play or final yard Portis should be the man.

Archived