Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Redskins have the #9 Defense in the NFL

SMOSS89

Stats dont matter... its being exposed and looking the way we did that hurts. I would have no problem losing the game if we gave it our all but it looked like we ran out of gas running out on to the field in the 2nd half... How do you let the opposing team get SEVEN 3rd down conversions in a row at home?

Stats dont matter... its being exposed and looking the way we did that hurts. I would have no problem losing the game if we gave it our all but it looked like we ran out of gas running out on to the field in the 2nd half... How do you let the opposing team get SEVEN 3rd down conversions in a row at home?

What I meant to say is, the defense had one bad game. Hell, they only had one bad half. Obviously this can't continue if we wanna be successful, but I think people here are over reacting a bit, thats all. We're still a better team than last year by far.

To answer your question, Just like yesterday.:silly: :laugh: :D J/K laugh-you know you want to.;)

The defense gave us three turnovers. Yeah, they ran out of gas at the end, but what the hell do you expect - they were on the field the entire second half. The defense was NOT the problem!!!! The offense produced 9 yards in the 3rd qtr. Nine ****** yards!!!! How is your D not going to get tired when it's constantly coming back out onto the field after the O goes 3 and out. Also, the Giants do have on fo the best offenses in the NFC. It's THEIR pass defense that sucks, and our O DIDN"T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. Period.

The defense gave us three turnovers. Yeah, they ran out of gas at the end, but what the hell do you expect - they were on the field the entire second half. The defense was NOT the problem!!!! The offense produced 9 yards in the 3rd qtr. Nine ****** yards!!!! How is your D not going to get tired when it's constantly coming back out onto the field after the O goes 3 and out. Also, the Giants do have on fo the best offenses in the NFC. It's THEIR pass defense that sucks, and our O DIDN"T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. Period.

Quoted for emphasis.

The defense had a bad game? lol what game were you guys watching?! We were playing a team with a very good offense and got three take aways. The failure is almost entirely on the offense. Had we been able to even keep the ball for a few first downs we win. They didn't show up and the coaches made fools of themselves in clock management situations again.

Anyone that blames yesterday on the D is out of their mind. What do you expect them to do when the offense is 3 and out the entire time?

I know. The coaches lost the game for us.

The run, run pass punt routine was in full effect in ALL of the second half esterday.

We were held to 83 second half yards. :mad::mad:

the D can only handle being on the field so much. We got 3 turnovers from the D. They did their job. They got tired bc the O wasn't doing their job b/c once again Gibbs coached scared.

If we played to win, and beat our ooponent down until the last second ticked off the clock, we would have won by at least 10 points.

But instead, typical Joe Gibbs football. Sit on the lead. We gave the Giants a chance to come back by doing that and in the end, lost. I hate it and am sick of this bull****. Screw sitting on the lead to show "class".

We need to play more like the Cowboys are playing now. Blow your opponent out of the ****in water. Who cares about "respect". it's about winning. If we played the 2nd half like we did the first half, we would have owned the Giants. But noooooooo we decided to get conservative like idiots and in the end all of us fans were disappointed again. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

the D can only handle being on the field so much. We got 3 turnovers from the D. They did their job.

And not only did they do their job, but they gave us opportunities up until the last second with some big stops late despite having nothing left in the tank. D played great. As an aside, so did special teams giving us some great field position late in the game and some deep punts on the other side (and suisham got his obligatory miss out of the way). Really, the fatal problems were all offensive (in both senses of the word).

I give our D props for putting up the fight they did. Its not their fault that offense (/saunders) had their head up their butt the entire game. It wasn't just the 2nd half, it was the whole game. I mean, you can't really give credit to the offense for the one TD where they got the ball at the giants' 6 yard line. How many drives from our own territory did we have result in a score?

... 1?

That's what I thought.:doh:

Anyone that blames yesterday on the D is out of their mind. What do you expect them to do when the offense is 3 and out the entire time?

Exactly. If the offense was let loose more then our D would be higher than #9. Who knows the D might have forced more turnovers. When the D is playing well like they did in the 1st half you gotta rerward them with rest and long offensive drives and scoring.

Archived