Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Journalist gets it handed to her by OSU coach

CaseyJones7

Oklahoma State is a pretty big time college program. If a player or coach can't take criticism without having a meltdown, maybe they don't belong at that level. For better or worse, college athletes face intense scrutiny at that level. To ask the press to back off because they are amateurs, or only students, or just kids, is fruitless and, frankly disingenuous. They know what they're getting into, or they should, when they sign their letter of intent. And on the other side of the coin, they have no problem absorbing the adulation and perks that come from being a big-time college football star. It's a double edged sword.

Oklahoma State is a pretty big time college program. If a player or coach can't take criticism without having a meltdown, maybe they don't belong at that level. For better or worse, college athletes face intense scrutiny at that level. To ask the press to back off because they are amateurs, or only students, or just kids, is fruitless and, frankly disingenuous. They know what they're getting into, or they should, when they sign their letter of intent. And on the other side of the coin, they have no problem absorbing the adulation and perks that come from being a big-time college football star. It's a double edged sword.

I think the coach sort of divulged from his point. I think his main problem was that much of the story was falsified.

"This article was handed to me by a mother..of children." :laugh::laugh:

Seriously tho, I love this guy. He's defending his player that must have already been pretty down after getting benched. I love it...that article is bush league. At the college level, as long as a kid stays out of trouble, you can talk about how he plays on the field but thats just bull**** if you're gonna talk personally about a player off the field with several unsubstantiated claims and this "if you listen to the rumblings and the rumors" nonsense. Way to go Coach.

:applause::applause:

I think the coach sort of divulged from his point. I think his main problem was that much of the story was falsified.
The article clearly states they are rumors.

The coach needs to calm down. The starting QB is benched and seen after the game being hand-fed chicken by his mom? Sounds like a story to me.

The article clearly states they are rumors.

The coach needs to calm down. The starting QB is benched and seen after the game being hand-fed chicken by his mom? Sounds like a story to me.

IMO, it's not really appropriate for her to be writing about the Mom feeding the kid-wierd as it may be. It's simply embarrassing, and she knows that. I also agree with the coach's point about how these are young amateurs, not professionals.

i got respect for that coach, he did what he was supposed to do, he stuck up for his player. sure he may have overreacted a little (which i don't think he did), but now every player in that lockerroom will fight for him because they know he has their back.

Absolutely correct. That's the kind of man you want looking after your kids when they go away to school. I bet OSU just moved up on a lot of parent's lists of schools for their kid athletes. And parents do have a say in where their child goes.

Archived