Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember the 96 season.. BAD LUCK SKINS

RedskinsNAVY28

I JUST HOPE WHAT HAPPENED THEN DOESNT HAPPENS THIS YEAR.. 9-7 RECORD THAT DIDNT GO TO THE PLAYOFFS. WHAT A FIRST HALF IT WAS 7-1.. THE OFFENSE WAS REAL GOOD UNDER NORV TURNER..:notworthy GUS FREROTTE WAS ON FIRE. KNOCK ON WOOD EVERYONE..

Game-by-game results

+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+| Week | Opponent | Result | Score |+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+| 1 | Philadelphia Eagles | L | 14-17 || 2 | Chicago Bears | W | 10- 3 || 3 | at New York Giants | W | 31-10 || 4 | at St. Louis Rams | W | 17-10 || 5 | New York Jets | W | 31-16 || 6 | || 7 | at New England Patriots | W | 27-22 || 8 | New York Giants | W | 31-21 || 9 | Indianapolis Colts | W | 31-16 || 10 | at Buffalo Bills | L | 13-38 || 11 | Arizona Cardinals | L | 34-37 || 12 | at Philadelphia Eagles | W | 26-21 || 13 | San Francisco 49ers | L | 16-19 || 14 | at Dallas Cowboys | L | 10-21 || 15 | at Tampa Bay Buccaneers | L | 10-24 || 16 | at Arizona Cardinals | L | 26-27 || 17 | Dallas Cowboys | W | 37-10 |+--------+-------------------------------+----------+---------+

No postseason

Team Offense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD 270 471 3453 7.33 12 11 467 1910 4.09 27 5363NFL rank ---> 26 27 18 5 30 3 13 7 10 1 16Team Defense

|---------- PASSING -----------||----- RUSHING -----| TOTAL CMP ATT YD YPA TD INT ATT YD YPA TD YD 325 560 3655 6.53 12 21 520 2275 4.38 20 5930NFL rank ---> 26 25 20 14 4 11 28 30 27 29 28

Pro Bowlers: Terry Allen (rb), Gus Frerotte (qb), Darrell Green (db), Ken Harvey (lb).

Incomplete list of notable non-skill-position players:Sean Gilbert (dl), Darrell Green (db), Ken Harvey (lb), Tre Johnson (ol).

Player Stats

These stats are almost complete

Quarterbacks

+----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+| Name | G | CMP ATT PCT YARD Y/A TD IN | RSH YARD TD |+----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+| Gus Frerotte | 16 | 270 470 57.4 3453 7.3 12 11 | 28 16 0 || Heath Shuler | 1 | 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 | 1 0 0 |+----------------------+----+-------------------------------+-------------+Running Backs

+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Name | G | RSH YARD AVG TD | REC YARD AVG TD |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Terry Allen | 16 | 347 1353 3.9 21 | 32 194 6.1 0 || Larry Bowie | 3 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 3 17 5.7 0 || Stephen Davis | 12 | 23 139 6.0 2 | 0 0 0.0 0 || Marc Logan | 14 | 20 111 5.5 2 | 23 269 11.7 0 || Brian Mitchell | 16 | 39 193 4.9 0 | 32 286 8.9 0 |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+Wide Receivers

+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Name | G | RSH YARD AVG TD | REC YARD AVG TD |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+| Flipper Anderson | 2 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 0 0 0.0 0 || Bill Brooks | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 17 224 13.2 0 || Henry Ellard | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 52 1014 19.5 2 || Scott Galbraith | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 8 89 11.1 2 || James Jenkins | 16 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 1 7 7.0 0 || Leslie Shepherd | 12 | 6 96 16.0 2 | 23 344 15.0 3 || Michael Westbrook | 11 | 2 2 1.0 0 | 34 505 14.9 1 |+----------------------+----+-----------------------+----------------------+Tight Ends

+----------------------+----+----------------------+| Name | G | REC YARD AVG TD |+----------------------+----+----------------------+| Jamie Asher | 16 | 42 481 11.5 4 |+----------------------+----+----------------------+Kickers

+----------------------+------------------+------------+-------+| Name | FGM FGA PCT | XPM XPA | PT |+----------------------+------------------+------------+-------+| Scott Blanton | 26 32 81.2 | 40 40 | 118 |+----------------------+------------------+------------+-------+

16. REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS. On the internet, posting in all capitals is considered shouting, and as such is considered rude and offensive. Overuse of capital letters also creates a strain on the eyesight, and makes it difficult to read text. Caps should be used to show emphasis for only one or two words.

Learn it, know it, live it.

388107973_d7fa5f9e06_o.jpg

I Just Hope What Happened Then Doesnt Happens This Year.. 9-7 Record That Didnt Go To The Playoffs. What A First Half It Was 7-1.. The Offense Was Real Good Under Norv Turner.. Gus Frerotte Was On Fire. Knock On Wood Everyone..

__________________________________________-

Wait, you mean Norv "we played awfully hard out there" Turner?

Or Norv "taking San Diego from 14-2 to mediocrity in three weeks" Turner?

VS. Joe Gibbs? === get out of town, we are back baby.

This team is well beyond the 96 team. How can you compare Gus with Jason. I just hope jason doesnt try tackling the wall head first. :doh:

Yeah really horrible comparison. Jason Campbell may be throwing a lot of picks right now but he's young and has all the potential in the world to be a franchise back for years to come.

UNDER NORV TURNER..:notworthy GUS FREROTTE WAS ON FIRE.

Nightmare Norv......................I rest my case with the current Chargers stats.....0-2; someone tell me what Norv does to a team to defeat themselves? Oh well.....not our problem any longer...............

Thank you Dan Snyder for JOE GIBBS and Joe, thank you for Jason Campbell............

and Jason thank you for your FOCUS and thank you team for your TEAM efforts...........

and on, and on, .........................and fellow Redskin fans............:point2sky HAIL!

16. REFRAIN FROM POSTING IN ALL CAPITALS. On the internet, posting in all capitals is considered shouting, and as such is considered rude and offensive. Overuse of capital letters also creates a strain on the eyesight, and makes it difficult to read text. Caps should be used to show emphasis for only one or two words.

Technically, it isn't all caps, just more caps than necessary. ;)

Yeah really horrible comparison. Jason Campbell may be throwing a lot of picks right now but he's young and has all the potential in the world to be a franchise back for years to come.

Yeah, exactly. That was the point of my comparison. Gus had a good term here but after that he did nothing. Jason on the other hand will be the future of the organization and WILL be a top 10 QB in the next 2-3 years.

wow, are you a skins fan? With all these "remember this or remember that" threads going on I have a little suggestion..

Leave '96 in '96 okay? This is a different year with different players and different results.

This season hasnt started 0-2 so we have to find other things to complain about or criticize. Why dont we just take it a game at a time and be glad we are at least competitive??

Terry Allen was on a tear that year! What an insane start followed by what Norvs teams did best, an absolute collapse! San Diego got what they wished for, a soft coach who whines like no other, better than having that Nazi coach though. I'll never forget Marty putting alarms on the doors during training camp, that was Classic. GO SKINS!

wow, are you a skins fan? With all these "remember this or remember that" threads going on I have a little suggestion..

Leave '96 in '96 okay? This is a different year with different players and different results.

This season hasnt started 0-2 so we have to find other things to complain about or criticize. Why dont we just take it a game at a time and be glad we are at least competitive??

exactly, it was 11 years ago, and we have only played two games.

I hate getting yelled at first thing in the morning. And as for the thread. Well, aside from the facts that these are 2 completely different teams with different players and coaches. Different ownership, ect. I can see the correlation here. I mean sure. Plenty to worry about.

I hate getting yelled at first thing in the morning. And as for the thread. Well, aside from the facts that these are 2 completely different teams with different players and coaches. Different ownership, ect. I can see the correlation here. I mean sure. Plenty to worry about.

On a much more important topic than the title of this thread, I'm glad to see you kept the Buges avatar.

Archived