Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which Skins QB did you like the most since 93?

RedskinsNAVY28

Take a look at this.. I do not care about there records but If you can go back in time.. Which QB was overrated and which one was treated like crap(benchwarmer) by either our coaches or staff.

I've always like Mark Rypien. He was the reason was a became a redskins fan. A mediocre QB turned into an Superbowl MVP. I've always been a fan of an underdog.

Who is your favorite QB and explain why?GR2006111500121.jpg

Wow that is an ugly list. I totally forgot Gannon played some games for us. I would have to say Rypien, because that was the year I was just starting to understand football, and we went to the Superbowl that year. It was so great to grow up when the Redskins were winning, I feel bad for the Skins fans who are only a couple years younger than me who have never seen just how good we were.

tell me about it.. We are long overdue.. I remember we went 14-2 that year. It was great.. We had the premier receivers and lethal offensive line.. Ernest byner was good also.. It was an all around team and a good offensive team. Correct me if im wrong but both of our losses came from the COWGIRLS that year..

I'd go with Brad Johnson, he was the only QB on that list to win the division back in 1999. We gave him a really crappy deal and threw him under the bus when he got hurt.

Rypien was great too but I think he is only on the list to bring the numbers up to 17. They only count his last year where the whole team imploded.

tell me about it.. We are long overdue.. I remember we went 14-2 that year. It was great.. We had the premier receivers and lethal offensive line.. Ernest byner was good also.. It was an all around team and a good offensive team. Correct me if im wrong but both of our losses came from the COWGIRLS that year..

Nope, we beat them in Dallas 33-31 but lost at home 24-21. The second loss was in the final game of the season at Philly and we didn't care.

I always thought that Rich Gannon would be good. He had some very good games in Minnesota before he came here. He was never given a full season with any team until 1999 with the Raiders.

Besides that I'd say Green but Campbell should be better in the long run than either of them. He should continue to start from now on.

Is Campbell on the list? I know he's a work in progress but he's probably better than anyone on this list, except for the 91 Rypien of course. If he was excluded, I would say Brad Johnson 1st. 2nd I would go out on a limb and say Banks. He didn't come into training camp with us (he was in Dallas of all places) and asked to come in after cutting Jeff George and I thought did a decent job considering the circumstances. I was hoping that he would stick around if Marty was going to stick around and be the bridge to a new QB.

Also, it's Tim HASSELBECK, not Hassleback or however they spelled it, which was wrong.

Also, it's Tim HASSELBECK, not Hassleback or however they spelled it, which was wrong.

Yeah, they also got the Shane Matthews year wrong, among other things.

You are right though. Banks was 1 of only 3 QB's on that list to have a winning record. He was Marty's game manager much like Brunell was for Gibbs.

I forgot that Banks and Green played that many games for us. I need to stop drinking or something :laugh:

Seriously though, I hate not remembering certain players that were with us for so long.

Not counting Campbell I'm going to have to go with Brad Johnson and then Patrick Ramsey. Brad had a winning record.. Patrick was young and might've been better had we developed him.

Excluding Jason (because this kid is going to be a star. trust.) I'd have to say Brad Johnson... because of that game at Giant Stadium where we could do nothing wrong. Watched it with my dad and I could see Johnson gave him a glimmer of hope in the Skins I hadn't seen since....well, Rypien. I'm a Skins fan because of my dad, and it hurts a little when he loses faith in the team for....well, a decade or so. That game stands out to me like no other in recent years. Windy as hell, but Brad couldn't miss. Like the preacher during the thunderstorm in "Caddyshack". I swear.

Brad Johnson, never understood why we let him go, he was just great, in my humble opinion.

He would have been damned good in Marty's offense in 2001 thats for sure. He wasn't good with a bad defense trying to score 30 points a game but he could minimize mistakes and win 24-17 games week after week.

I'm not counting Ryp because he was part of the team before things went to crap. Going strictly post-Rypien:

Brad Johnson was easily the best QB we had here.

Overrated I'll have to go with Gus Frerotte. Sorry Gus.

Underappreciated I'd probably have to say Trent Green, but that was more of an ownership-in-transition thing. Other than Green I'd probably say Ramsey.

Archived