Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Batman... Super Hero? Crime fighter

TorresA

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So, just to really geekify this thread. Iron Man also has no super powers per se, but like Batman relies on technology (although, Iron Man uses it to an obviously greater degree). Is Iron Man a crime fighter and not a super hero?

Why you have to bring this up... That was going to be my question for monday ;)

So is Batman a super hero or just a crime fighter?

Depends on who's writing him.......

I'd say in BATMAN and DETECTIVE COMICS he's usually a crimefighter.

In the DCU books: OUTSIDERS, JUSTICE LEAGUE, BRAVE and the BOLD he's usually written more as a Superhero- a man among Gods if you will.

Some write him as a "creature of the Night" as well.... a bogeyman type of character that haunts the streets of Gotham.

Batman Begins I'd say Bats was written as a crimefighter, same with Batman:TAS.

I personally like the crimefighting, detective aspects of Batman better than the co-member of the JLA; b/c it makes more sense for Batman to be in the shadows since fear is one of his greatest strengths.

And yes, I'm a big-time Bats fan and long time reader of the series.

Some write him as a "creature of the Night" as well.... a bogeyman type of character that haunts the streets of Gotham.

Batman Begins I'd say Bats was written as a crimefighter, same with Batman:TAS.

I personally like the crimefighting, detective aspects of Batman better than the co-member of the JLA; b/c it makes more sense for Batman to be in the shadows since fear is one of his greatest strengths.

I actually voted superhero, and this was a large part of the reason.

A lot of Batman's power over crime comes from the almost supernatural aura about him- people aren't even sure if he really exists, if he's half-bat/half-man, who knows, but crimes won't occur because they're afraid to find out.

Like someone already said, a crime fighter is a cop, but Batman? The psychological edge he has over pretty much everyone takes him to the next level I think.

Archived